1 (edited by Brutalizer 2012-12-07 11:22:28)

Topic: Opinions

First off, let me say this game is dreadfully boring and tedious.  In today's day and age I am greatly surprised you released this game without making sure you had a solid path finding system so we don't have to freaking spend 90% of our time navigating hills that for some reason our futuristic robot can't go up.

Next, The start of this game is terrible.  It's so slow paced, and the mining tutorials do not express fully how things work, so a lot of times you'll use your directional scanner and wonder "Wtf why isn't the mission updating".  Which brings me to the next annoying thing.  Extra quest items.  Every bot you kill around the starting area drops quest items, but you CAN'T TURN THEM IN FOR ANYTHING! They just take up space in your inventory.  *Flash back to Hellgate London nightmares*.

Why can't you communicate with agents outside a base?  Do we not have cell phones anymore? 

Also, blatantly building a game that requires you to have more than one account so you can milk your customers is a joke.  Try making it solo friendly because not all of us like being forced to be in a corp, OR pay 30+ dollars a month.  Some of us come online to interact with other people, but we don't want to be forced to group with them.  I want to be able to trade with people, occasionally group up for tasks and generally just do my own thing while making a profit off of others.  It's not that I won't join a corp, or start one.  It's that I want to experience everything first, and get a feel of the landscape/game before I invest time getting emotionally involved in a community.

On that note, the population is... empty.  For a reason.  As a new player, the tutorial sucks as has been discussed multiple times on here.  Not only that, but the curve between new player and regular player is huge.  For example,  After doing some hunting I found a bunch of T3 items (weapons, etc) and couldn't find a single person interested in them.  Everyone who actually plays, already has T4 gear and probably only uses T4 gear.  This makes the market very top heavy, because you can't find any T2 or T3 gear in the new player areas, because most people probably quit at about the point where I'm at.  You're either new and figuring things out with T1 or you're T4 and long time vet.

One reason I never played Eve, is because I didn't want to be at such a serious disadvantage to the players who have established their reign.  I wish someone would figure out that a time based exp system goes GREAT with a reset server! smile

With that said I can't see a reason to play this game over Eve.  It feels like Eve, looks like Eve and is just as annoying as Eve in every way +1 (no autopilot).  I think I might give Eve another try lol

Re: Opinions

The funny thing is if you talked to someone in the help channel or even general you would know that the majority of what you just said is bullshit. I won't bother to change your mind as I think its more a problem or your willingness to learn rather than the games willingness to teach.

What a will say is that this game allows you to reach the top echelon very quickly even as a solo player. It just requires brains determination and some time.

Welcome to Perpetuum!

Brutalizer wrote:

First off, let me say this game is dreadfully boring and tedious.  In today's day and age I am greatly surprised you released this game without making sure you had a solid path finding system so we don't have to freaking spend 90% of our time navigating hills that for some reason our futuristic robot can't go up.

Next, The start of this game is terrible.  It's so slow paced, and the mining tutorials do not express fully how things work, so a lot of times you'll use your directional scanner and wonder "Wtf why isn't the mission updating".  Which brings me to the next annoying thing.  Extra quest items.  Every bot you kill around the starting area drops quest items, but you CAN'T TURN THEM IN FOR ANYTHING! They just take up space in your inventory.  *Flash back to Hellgate London nightmares*.

Why can't you communicate with agents outside a base?  Do we not have cell phones anymore? 

Also, blatantly building a game that requires you to have more than one account so you can milk your customers is a joke.  Try making it solo friendly because not all of us like being forced to be in a corp, OR pay 30+ dollars a month.  Some of us come online to interact with other people, but we don't want to be forced to group with them.  I want to be able to trade with people, occasionally group up for tasks and generally just do my own thing while making a profit off of others.  It's not that I won't join a corp, or start one.  It's that I want to experience everything first, and get a feel of the landscape/game before I invest time getting emotionally involved in a community.

On that note, the population is... empty.  For a reason.  As a new player, the tutorial sucks as has been discussed multiple times on here.  Not only that, but the curve between new player and regular player is huge.  For example,  After doing some hunting I found a bunch of T3 items (weapons, etc) and couldn't find a single person interested in them.  Everyone who actually plays, already has T4 gear and probably only uses T4 gear.  This makes the market very top heavy, because you can't find any T2 or T3 gear in the new player areas, because most people probably quit at about the point where I'm at.  You're either new and figuring things out with T1 or you're T4 and long time vet.

One reason I never played Eve, is because I didn't want to be at such a serious disadvantage to the players who have established their reign.  I wish someone would figure out that a time based exp system goes GREAT with a reset server! smile

With that said I can't see a reason to play this game over Eve.  It feels like Eve, looks like Eve and is just as annoying as Eve in every way +1 (no autopilot).  I think I might give Eve another try lol

You are right.. we still play becuase think something will change,but general will not!
Also we play lot of time and we dont want to give up from it on easy way..

Game need to make 180 turn if hy want live...
Free games on internet doent have that number of players!

Rabus0 wrote:

Game need to make 180 turn if hy want live...

Yay, back to the Intakt roamings! big_smile

I feel the need to express what would fix a lot of these problems -

The population is too low to have more than one starting area.  All new players should start in the same area, making it more interesting for grouping purposes.  The quests should be made extremely group friendly, and the bots need to be buffed and given better loot especially since most of us are going to get the kickstarter anyway which has a free bot with it.

7 (edited by Ville 2012-12-07 18:03:49)

I play perpetuum because I like to pvp; however, since my gaming time is started to be really limited with having a job and trying to balance family time, it has grew rather tedious.  I been on five roams in the past two weeks.  Each lead me to a walled off island on gamma or a deserated beta population.   Quite frankly I am tired of playing station docking games and let's try to trap them games with probes and other dumb stuff.

The most fun to be had in this game was pre *** walls, and Gamma.  Gamma is great but you forgot some very important stuff.... BALANCING.  You should have never been able to terraform to the shore lines and you should never be able to cut islands completely off.

That being said, I am still guilt as my members still terraformed off one of our teleports and bottle necked the other two, which after further inspection seems my neighbor to the west decided they would terraform my west off lol. 

I know this might be crazy but we NEED something to fight for.  For the lolz pvp is getting boring.  People need a reason to fight other then epeen.  After a while you can only kill the same people so many times before it gets down right boring.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

8 (edited by Celebro 2012-12-07 19:23:33)

Look, it is what it is, a small group of developers trying to build a sandbox MMO. No need to be a  brain surgeon to figure out they don't have the resources to fix the game overnight. As the last blog says they will continue development for 'many years ahead'

RIP PERPETUUM

Fundamental flaws Celebro.  Fundamentals are the key to success.  Balancing is a fundamental.

for half a year now, im thinking that they would probably make more money with free2play and buyable research booster, paintjobs and player market options... anything but extension point booster smile

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

11 (edited by Industrial Sector 2012-12-07 22:48:30)

Annihilator wrote:

for half a year now, im thinking that they would probably make more money with free2play and buyable research booster, paintjobs and player market options... anything but extension point booster smile

Anything WITH ep booster, just a price balancing.

Or ok, no ep booster, loot booster instead. More plasma, higher droprate for tiered stuff. Assignment bonus booster. Speed-up the production. Speed-up and boost whatever-else. Win-win.

12 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2012-12-08 01:05:57)

f2p... no thanks...

@ville
i find it very intresting that you complain about walled of islands when i look at the island your base is standing on ^^
you guys forget that you play the game. if you dont like walled off island but at the same time do the same thing then what should we think about that?

ballancing terraforming is a not that easy undetaking and i have been quiet about all the gamma problems for a while. just waitin for th next big patch. after that gamma needs a lot more love. but now this is not the time and place for that topic...

back to topic:
yes the game still ahs some issues. especially the early game content. as far as we are informed this is what devs are working on right now. so there might come major changes soon(TM).
for your comparison to STeve. well we mostly all have been there. its more shiny, and that is to be expected when you see how much more time they had to develop it. is this just like eve? no. its just like all the others mmos are like everquest. like wow, rift ... ... ... its not a eve clone. its a game in the same genre as eve. its totally different.
if you get ingame you will see that and all the things that are different as in even. and things that are better as in eve:
skill system
terrain (that bings a total different gameplay)
terretorial warfare
base building (besides the samll problems with the terraforming)
... ... ...

im not saying this game is better then eve or the other way around. both games stand on their own. and both have their advantages and disadvantages. i left eve in 2009. and i think this game is more fun for me then eve. and even more important: this game has more potential.

you might want to read my guide to get a bit more information about that.

My island was completely open Zortag mind telling me how my west teleporter got terra formed off?  There's a reason we haven't turned bergers into an impossible to attack island and welcome people to come pvp us.  We want to be attacked.