1 (edited by Celebro 2012-11-11 19:05:46)

Topic: Client performance: Gamma expansion

Since the gamma expansion performance is much worse, specially during deploying, docking and teleport jumps. Tested it with one client only still quite noticeable. Screen goes white most of the time and the 'not responding' message usually shows although it usually never crashes.

Farming NPC takes quite a hit on my frame rates, which usually never occurred pre-expansion.

PC: Intel Quadcore OC @ 2.8ghz  4gb RAM GFX: Nvidia Geforce GT 9800 on windows 7.

Recommended configuration:
2 GHz multi-core processor
2 GB RAM
DirectX 10-class ATI or NVIDIA 3D graphics card* with Shader Model 3.0 support**
Windows XP/Vista/7
Broadband internet connection
3GB free hard disk space

Again: I never had much issues pre-patch, client is in dire need of cleaner code or whatever you guys do. Certainly a priority before we enter the steam market. More graphics options removing unnecessary structure animation etc would be nice too.

RIP PERPETUUM

2 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-11-12 01:07:50)

Re: Client performance: Gamma expansion

dude i now have 1-2 client crashes per hour some days. & on a good day i will only have 1 crash hmm

And to make even funnier the crash report thingy ( forget what its actually called lol) bugs out its self lol.

edit: also add field cans disappearing when you deploy them

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

dude i now have 1-2 client crashes per hour some days. & on a good day i will only have 1 crash hmm

And to make even funnier the crash report thingy ( forget what its actually called lol) bugs out its self lol.

edit: also add field cans disappearing when you deploy them

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

'Upload and Show' when tile scanning  invariably causes a crash ... then the crash debug upload refuses to allow you to cancel - when complete clicking 'Ok' has no effect ....

Annoying since the first thing you need to do when you get back is tile scan - upload and show .....

I myself very rarely crash but I have seen 50% of the game die repeatedly and since I came back undocking and teleporting is a LOT slower than it was.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Lupus Caeli wrote:

'Upload and Show' when tile scanning  invariably causes a crash ... then the crash debug upload refuses to allow you to cancel - when complete clicking 'Ok' has no effect ....

Annoying since the first thing you need to do when you get back is tile scan - upload and show .....

DEVs are trolling you smile

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Lupus Caeli wrote:

I think the actual crash reason there is the "opening the map", which i have support ticket open to get it fixed, but was told that its a rare crash that are noone else then me is affected, or noone else is reporting them. (i even write map-crash into every crash report when it happens!)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

8 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-11-12 13:47:20)

Annihilator wrote:
Lupus Caeli wrote:

I think the actual crash reason there is the "opening the map", which i have support ticket open to get it fixed, but was told that its a rare crash that are noone else then me is affected, or noone else is reporting them. (i even write map-crash into every crash report when it happens!)

bull s**t while i dont get the every often i have & do get it from time to time. also opening up colony management can crash the game. and you i have heard the same for many others.

any DEV that says its not a common error is talking out their butt. And if statistics dont show that than i say fix your bug reporting program & then maybe you'll get a better idea fuuu

Station work is extremly laggy also, eg. fitting, opening folders, moving stuff, etc...

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

I dont have problems.. game is perfectly balanced!

Stop trolling

Annihilator wrote:

"opening the map" ... was told that its a rare crash that are noone else then me is affected, or noone else is reporting them.

Really? They told you that. Really?

I daren't open my map in some situations because a crash is so frequent.

DEVs if no-one other than Anni has really reported this then listen up: based on anecdotal evidence within my corp/alliance this is the second most common crash after dock/teleport and happens hundreds (I do not exaggerate) of times a week.

Started letting the annoying bug crash reporting thing fully run.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

"opening the map" ... was told that its a rare crash that are noone else then me is affected, or noone else is reporting them.

Really? They told you that. Really?

I daren't open my map in some situations because a crash is so frequent.

DEVs if no-one other than Anni has really reported this then listen up: based on anecdotal evidence within my corp/alliance this is the second most common crash after dock/teleport and happens hundreds (I do not exaggerate) of times a week.

Ok, i have checked my logs, because that response was already 3 month ago. For clarification and to make sure i dont accuse someone for things they did not say:

The DEV Statements have been:

1. The DEV responded didn't have such a crash for a long time to that point
2. neither any of the other DEVs experienced it.
3. They get hundreds of crashlogs each day, mostly for things that are already fixed
    (Translation:  fixed on DEV server, but not patched yet)
4. post a fresh crashlog so gargaj can look it up
6. I have posted about 10 logs with date into support ticket, sent message to gargaj on Skype that i have done
7. Got removed from Gargajs Skype contact list....
8. Support ticket status pending.

PS: MoBIsS, laggy station? could it be by chance that this happens when you have your own agent profile window open?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

PS: MoBIsS, laggy station? could it be by chance that this happens when you have your own agent profile window open?

I don´t think I have. I am experiencing those station laggs, since about a couple of weeks I think, but I havent kept track of it. Certainly at some occasions I did have my Agent Profile opened as well. But for example, when I am producing, I have lots of folder interactions, which are very laggy upon opening folders or moving items, same when I am fitting Mechs. Undocking out of stations, Alpha2 or Gamma, takes a lot longer now.
I seldom, lucky for me, experience crashes. But as seldom as they are, they are more frequent nowadays, compared to the month before. When I have crashes, I always send the crash report.

I think some corp mates mentioned simular issues. Now for me it is not at a stage, of beeing gamebreaking, nevertheless it is very noticable recently.

What worries me a bit, is the fact, that we do not have a higher population, portraying rather a MP game then a MMO. I suspect, maybe the database server might have some issues, but that is just tinfoilhat speculation.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

I know that it starts to become laggy when you got countless unique items in your private storage, aka unrepaired items or unstacked robots. It doesn't matter if they are in sub-folders.

Same for corp storages.

My core-corpmates often complained if i didn't sort out the loot-folder for a longer time since it made the whole corp storage access slow, not even talking about the loot-folder itself.

though, my agent-profile-open-issue is something different.

MoBIoS wrote:

What worries me a bit, is the fact, that we do not have a higher population, portraying rather a MP game then a MMO. I suspect, maybe the database server might have some issues, but that is just tinfoilhat speculation.

WELL they did lose all the TFing for 1 whole island.

what makes me go HMMM is the fact they want to put this game onto steam. man the game will have a heart attack

better get ready for more loses due to server F ups! big_smile

Chill out guys tongue

Wasn't my intention to make a crash or losing TF on islands thread, sure you have good points but crashes is another issue, which I don't suffer very often, but has been more frequent after the gamma expansion.

To sum it up, Perp is getting on steam, and a good performing client is the least Dev's should do to give a good impression on the game's 'quality'. Game is slow paced enough as it is.

RIP PERPETUUM

*Points to the EVE influx* lets not have that kinda thing happen again smile

i think the DDOS attack was worse then the login limit...

well yes but the DDOS wasnt a problem created by the DEVs smile

feed the hamsters plz fuuu

http://www.emptywords.org/
Just another Fail F...

bad lag tonight as well for everyone ingame

Devs have not responded to support ticket on lost cans and deployables in 3 weeks!
I got the "map crash" yesterday.

KKing wrote:

feed the hamsters plz fuuu

+1