Topic: Default Client Settings

I'll keep is short and I'd really like to see what other people think of the points raised.

Audio levels are too high by default. It's okay to have a 100% volume level but the game should probably start at around the 10% mark. When compared with other applications and games I feel the default level needs reducing. I know I've blasted my ears off a few times when resetting the game settings.

Shadow level is very high and is often recommended to be turned off. While shadows look amazing I know they cause a lot of havoc in the games engine. This may have been improved but I noticed a considerable boost and stability when shadows are turned off on a 560Ti GeForce card.

Lack of "Options" button on the login window. Survival of the fittest is all well and good but why not add a little cog icon to the login screen that brings up the options window? Most new players should know to press Esc but not all will and a common feature of most games is to include an options button as well.

I don't feel these requests are unreasonable and they certainly aren't game changing but with a large amount of new players due, thanks to Greenlight and Steam it would be best to leave the bad impressions to once they get into the game rather than just the login screen. tongue

Thanks.

Re: Default Client Settings

I +1 that.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Agreed for justice

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

This should be easy to change +1

RIP PERPETUUM