Topic: Howdy all!!!

Just wanted to give a greetings out to the Perpetuum community.  I have been absent for nearly a year from the game due to real life getting in the way.  Specifically, the U.S. Navy decided that my "retirement" did not count, told me I was re-activated and had "one week to report to D.C. or we will put a warrant out for your arrest."

Then they told me it shouldn't be more then a month or two, which then of course ended up being almost a full 12.

That aside, I'm back.:)

I'm also a bit saddened by the drop in population in the game.  I truly hope the greenlight on Steam helps things.  Being a "self publushed" game, it can be rough getting a foothold into the mmo market.

I'm also hoping I am able to get my Coorporation back.  My then girlfriend now wife ended up cancelling all of my subs, so my characters ended up getting kicked out and corp leadership transferred to someone else.  That person seems to still be around, as Jank/Twill/Jandor, and I guess he's still paying his sub if the system is working right.

Now, to be honest, I don't mind at all that this happened.  I myself sent in a bug report explaining what I thought was a pretty "bad bug" at the time, the case in which some cores would make a new toon, pay for 30 days of subscription spending all EP on nothing but corp leadership extensions, and then letting the sub run out on that toon.

That basically allowed them to save all of that EP for their "mains" instead of requiring a true corp leader by the game's systems.  So again, I'm kind of glad it got fixed and I did get kicked from the corp.

That being said, I hope a Dev/GM reads this post.  I would like Regulators [RIDE] back.  Even if it's to just put an alt in to hold onto the corp name for me, I want it back.  If population does start getting better, I'll give another go at making that corp tag mean something, and so, I'd like it back.  I would also like back it's corp hangar.  I'm not 100% sure of everything that I had left in there, but I'm sure in the majority, it must still exist.  I am already feeling the loss of what I no longer have in there.  I am the player who originally created RIDE, on my character "Regulators Holding," who is an alt on this same account.  (plz read that, it is on the same account as one of my mains, so is eating up a chunk of my EP in corp leadership extensions.)  I created RIDE shortly after a "learning" style corp FOOM felt like they needed to do their "foomigation" and got rid of a majority of it's players who were either new to the corp, or those they felt were "dead weight."  So, I wanted to try something new.  I hope to one day try again in Perpetuum, and I would really like the name back. 

It goes with my name theme, duh.  William H Bonney, a.k.a. William Antrim, a.k.a. William Henry McCarty, a.k.a. Billy The Kid was the leader of a notorious American "Old West" outlaw gang back in 1878.  They were originally deputized and given warrants for an arrest of men involved with the killing of their ranching boss at the time, calling themselves "Regulators."  They ended up killing two of those men, they claimed it was due to an escape attempt, and soon "went from lawmen to outlaws" due to political scheming of those responsible for their boss' death and claims that the deaths were murders.

This story was used for the Hollywood major motion film "Young Guns," and the sequel "Young Guns 2" continued on with some of their exploits as outlaws.  I loved those movies.  Mostly because in my youth, I was told by my grandfather that Billy The Kid was a relative, as I have relations ties to the McCarty's.  For many years now, there has been a long standing question about who exactly The Kid really was, he had many alias', and as the sequel to Young Gun showed, quite a few "pretenders," two of which made  names for themselves, Brushy Bill Roberts and John Miller. 

To this day, it is still not a known fact if either of those claimants were telling the truth, or whether as history says, Pat Garrett shot and killed Billy (rumored to have been while the only weapon Billy had was a knife, so kind of proves out the statement "never bring a knife to a gun fight").  Due to more recent going on's, they aren't even sure if he really died and was buried in Fort Sumner, NM as was thought.  DNA samples from of John Miller's remains were sent to a lab in Dallas, Texas, to be compared with traces of blood obtained from a bench that was believed to be the one upon which Billy's body was placed after he was shot to death. The two investigators had searched for his physical remains since 2003. They had started in Fort Sumner, New Mexico, and had eventually ended up in Arizona. To date, no results of the DNA tests have been made public. As of 2008, a lawsuit is pending against officials in Lincoln County that would, if successful, publicize the results of those tests along with other evidence collected by Sullivan and Sederwall.

All that said, and truly how closely I have read the history and notoriety surrounding William H. Bonney, in life as well as death, I have a close affinity to the "Regulators" name.  And thus, I would truly appreciate getting it back.

I have already sent in a support ticket, and I hope a Dev reads this, and feels a bit of sympathy for my plight.  Given the choice, I would have never stopped playing the game.  I also truly regret the actions of my wife, stopping my subscriptions.

Blah, enough ranting.  Thanks for reading all, and it's great to be back playing Perpetuum.  Here's hoping for some fun pew pew against you in the near future.

Re: Howdy all!!!

Now, to be honest, I don't mind at all that this happened.  I myself sent in a bug report explaining what I thought was a pretty "bad bug" at the time, the case in which some cores would make a new toon, pay for 30 days of subscription spending all EP on nothing but corp leadership extensions, and then letting the sub run out on that toon.

That basically allowed them to save all of that EP for their "mains" instead of requiring a true corp leader by the game's systems.  So again, I'm kind of glad it got fixed and I did get kicked from the corp.

i dont think there was a fix... your remaining corp member co-ceo probably has claimed CEO after your inactivity with the game mechanic implemented for that, and kicked your toons out.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

3 (edited by William Bonney 2012-10-22 15:28:40)

Ah, so that in and of itself was the mechanic added?  He was able to boot?

That's interesting.

Edited to add:  Well, oops.  I guess I kind of just gave out an exploit.  Oh well, I reported it over a year ago, you'd think it would have been fixed by now.

4 (edited by Annihilator 2012-10-22 16:51:20)

you call that an exploit... lol

there have been worse "exploits" then that with trials greenlit by DEVs as "non problematic" .

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

how is it an exploit? people can and should be able to kick inactive CEOs. It was implemented to do just that.

You didn't read what I said carefully enough Kokomut.  Had nothing to do with booting inactive CEOs.