Topic: Remove the range extender bonus from demobiliser modules

Suggestion: the range extender module's range bouns should not be applied to L or S-demobilisers

Because, why the hell not?

Imo it would make for more dynamic fights, especially in large engagements where a zenith fit for demobing forces a fight as soon the opposing forces come anywhere near each-other (about 800m if i'm not mistaken).

Also it would also give people more reason to fit the L-demob.

As things stand demobing is a little too easy, you can just use an alt to do it.  (It doesn't help that you can do it in an indestructible trojar or tyranos mk2 but shield balancing deserves it's own thread)

If demobing was more about control and use of terrain than about having a lot of skill points and lots of stacking bonuses from T4 gear, there would be an opportunity for newer players to be effective demobers and participate in fights in a meaningful way.

+1
-Confucius

Re: Remove the range extender bonus from demobiliser modules

Just place LOS on S-demob too, but not too sure about this. Whilst you are at it add range extender bonus to my miners so I can mine and hug the terminal tongue

RIP PERPETUUM

-1 that doesn't even make sense.  Range extenders are bulky for a reason, so light bots and assaults can't use them effectively.  Los restriction on s demob is a huge -1 too.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I've had no trouble putting range extenders on light ewars.

Lights and assaults are not good as tacklers atm anyway.  This change wouldn't make them better at it than ewar lights or ewar mechs anyway.

+1
-Confucius

isn't the issue listed up there the range bonus of the zenith, and not the one from range extender itself?

I wonder why that one is still in anyway, since DEV Alf wanted to remove it already a year ago, since zeniths are used for everything but supression.

i am for LoS restrictions on Ewar. Drainer, Neuts and Interference emitter already got it added for logical (and unlogical) reasons -> so why are the most powerfull combat systems are allowed to stay out of direct fire?

So, would PvP suffer if you would actually have to manually drive your long-range-demob zenith mk2, instead of alt-tabbing, lock target, apply demob, follow main account, then alt tab back and kill the defenseless target?
Or would the new player experience suffer if you cannot put them into a cheap castel with a demob + evasive + lwf as meat shield? They can hardly hide behind something with the short range of the demob anway.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

I wonder why that one is still in anyway, since DEV Alf wanted to remove it already a year ago, since zeniths are used for everything but supression.

Last time I used one it was fitted and used solely for suppression.

http://i.imgur.com/QCdO2.png

But, hmm, I wouldn't try to rebalance everything around a limited few corporation doctrines.

Unfortunately there's not much going on in terms of pvp in the game so we have rather limited observations to work with but I don't that's a good reason to stop balancing things.

+1
-Confucius

What?  Not much going on pvp wise?  Since spark teleport things have been dieing markets been flowing and ICE is slowly reclaiming ground..  I think the best thing that could have happened to pvp in this game atm is spark teleportation!

Doek wrote:

wha, *** arm fit... fuuu

Kaldenines wrote:

Unfortunately there's not much going on in terms of pvp in the game...

I wonder why that is so, in a 99% hardcore pvp game, when everything is alright as it is.
We should stop balancing discussions until the server is flooded with steam-player. It won't hurt if those player will face the NERF hammer at any point of their progression, because there will be enough fresh blood to compensate for sudden ragequits after sudden "flavor of the 3 month" build-Nerfs big_smile

but back to topic:

L-Demob has twice the range then S-Demob, but:
- lower efficiency, (1/15th !)
- max 1 per bot and
- LoS restriction, together with
- higher AP consumption (x2.66)

S-Demob on zenith mk2 + 2x t4 range extender has ~ same range as L-Demob
- no LoS
- up to 4 of them on the same zenith
- no increased accu consumption
- no loss of efficiency

one got NERFed by two factors after implementation (fit limit, LoS) but the other one was untouched since then. L-Demobs are only effective against LWF fitted bots, S-Demobs are effective against everything that has not demob-immunity (2x t4 medium plate, no LWF)

something IS unbalanced there.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Don't like Zenith and Trojar so you want to nerf ALL demob? Hell NO!

Nerf to range... Hell NO!!
Nerf to LoS... Hell NO!!

If there is a balance issue with the bots above, then address those bots. And don't any of you guys use counter E-War on those Zeniths?

Sparking to other games

Annihilator wrote:
Doek wrote:

wha, *** arm fit... fuuu

Huh? Those look like remote sensor boosters to me. Is that something else? If you think remote sensor boosters on a Zenith is *** you should re-evaluate. E-war mechs very often remote sensor each other ...FYI.

And with 4 S-demobs you're not gonna get the 'game breaking' range the OP is talking about. You will be in the fight. Long range demobbing Zenith typically only fit one ...MK2s fit 2. Plus you need e-war nexus for those super long ranges. It's all pretty fit intensive. Give/take, ya know.

Sparking to other games

Ictuses and Zeniths can be battle deciders.. Blue needs love yet again.

"*** fit" was related to the visual appearance of two small arm modules on a mech...

im aware that 4-demob-2RE fit wont give you the extreme range Kaldeninen mentioned. That was not the content of my post either...
I am pretty aware that you need to overfit the zenith with RE and even boost it with NEXUS effects to reach those extreme ranges that. Its not necessary to look at the extreme-fit, when something less extreme is already out of balance compared to earlier balance decisions.

me in my first response wrote:

that is still the case - i wonder why the demob+ecm+supressor+interference dropper-range-bonus is still on the Zenith. could be reduced to supressor/ECM only on the mk1 and the mk2 extra 2% for everything.

Rex Amelius wrote:

Don't like Zenith and Trojar so you want to nerf ALL demob? Hell NO!

Nerf to range... Hell NO!!
Nerf to LoS... Hell NO!!

If there is a balance issue with the bots above, then address those bots. And don't any of you guys use counter E-War on those Zeniths?

The idea is to shorten the range at which demobing happens giving people more chance to move around and shoot things, the most fun fights I have had are the smaller fights where neither side has a demobing Zenith.

This isn't about who uses what, its about trying to create a fun pvp experience.

p.s. if fun pvp isn't one of the aims of this game can a dev please make that clear now so i can stop wasting my time.

+1
-Confucius

15 (edited by MoBIoS 2012-10-04 17:38:44)

why don´t you just get rid of Ewar all together? This imho is so very -1.

Same as always, if a fleet of damage whores cannot handle rock, paper, scissor, then its not the game mechanic which is broken. Start thinking out of the box, if you cannot figure how to counter.
Its totally ok, on the range that a sniper dmg dealer can shoot it´s target, when he is fit with RE´s and supported by RSA and Nexus but we wouldn´t think of nerfing this.

When ppl where QQing about Trojar´s apparent imbalance, because ppl where not willing to bring a neut or drainer to the battlefield, as it could spoil their max damage, we didn´t want to touch the insane recharge rate of the tyrannos.

How about this idea, just get rid of Ewar all together. So you can just come with your big guns to the battle, to show off. As probably 98% of the players are doing. So you can have your "fun pvp". No Ewar, just shooting each other, while being able to freely move around. I think you should consider counterstrike, as your prefered game. There´s no Ewar there and just "fun pvp" ^^

To get a max range of about 768m, that would include a suppport of T4 Ewar Nexus on lvl 9, RSA,  you will have to dedicate your complete EP´s to Ewar + secondary skills, like accu management, etc... No Guns, no Indu Bots nothing else, for about  2 years to hardcap, which I did for example. Then and only then will you be able to reach those ranges. Against Snipers which shoot you at a range 800m+, not even considering ECM and Suppression at 800+ to counter, where is there a need to rebalance?

If you are willing to dedicate yourself to Ewar, than you should be superior to a casual demob, fitted as a supplementary gadget on a dmg mech.

If you carry on nerfing everything to do with Ewar, you might as well get rid of it completley.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Annihilator wrote:

that is still the case - i wonder why the demob+ecm+supressor+interference dropper-range-bonus is still on the Zenith. could be reduced to supressor/ECM only on the mk1 and the mk2 extra 2% for everything.

Thats because the Zenith only has bonus towards supression and Ewar optimal range.  It has no bonus to ECM ^^. Vaga is the bot which has bonus to EW Strenght, Demob, ECM and EW range. Do inform yourself before giving wrong information.

Bonus Zenith:
Sensor Suppressor Locking Range    
Sensor Suppressor Locking Time    
EW module optimal range

where do you see your "demob+ecm+supressor+interference dropper-range-bonus" ?

Compared i.e. Bonus Vaga:

ECM Strength    
ECM Accumulator Usage
Sensor Suppressor Accumulator Usage
Demobilizer Accumulator Usage
EW module optimal range
Armor Repair Amount

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot

MoBIoS wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Thats because the Zenith only has bonus towards supression and Ewar optimal range.  It has no bonus to ECM ^^. Vaga is the bot which has bonus to EW Strenght, Demob, ECM and EW range. Do inform yourself before giving wrong information.

Bonus Zenith:
Sensor Suppressor Locking Range    
Sensor Suppressor Locking Time    
EW module optimal range

ECM Strength    
ECM Accumulator Usage
Sensor Suppressor Accumulator Usage
Demobilizer Accumulator Usage
EW module optimal range
Armor Repair Amount

+1 to the this German guy.

Ville wrote:
MoBIoS wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Bonus Zenith:
Sensor Suppressor Locking Range     2% per adv. robotics level
Sensor Suppressor Locking Time             3% per adv. robotics level
EW module optimal range                    5% per adv. robotics level
Zenith MK2 bonus:
EW module optimal range                    5% per spec. ops level

ECM Strength                                     5% per adv. robotics level
ECM Accumulator Usage                       5% per adv. robotics level
Sensor Suppressor Accumulator Usage   5% per adv. robotics level
Demobilizer Accumulator Usage             5% per adv. robotics level
Armor Repair Amount                           5% per adv. robotics level
Vaga MK2
EW module optimal range                     2% per spec. ops level

+1 to the this German guy.

-1 to both of you

do your homework before looking into perplanner which is unable to list same bonus twice

Vaga MK1 has no range bonus, Zenith MK1 has up to 50%
Vaga MK2 has max 20% range bonus, Zenith MK2 has up to 70% range bonus.

though, im not 100% sure if the second bonus is just added or used somewhere else in the formula (long time...)

19 (edited by MoBIoS 2012-10-04 20:08:17)

Anni, is that you on that account? I can´t recognise the Anni I used to know. There where times, you made sense, but they seem long gone.

I did make my homework and stated the bonus which a Zenith and  i.e. a Vaga would be able to benefit from. Which what I wrote was totaly correct. For an MK2 version. Which I cannot say about your statement of the aparent bonis, a zenith, according to you, would come with:

"demob+ecm+supressor+interference dropper-range-bonus"

My sole attempt, was to show how wrong you are.

For a fact. A Zenith MK2 without remote support, completley hard caped skills, 1 Demob and 5 Range Extenders makes up for a range of 603m Demob range. Modules all T4.

A Vaga MK2, on minimal skills, does already do 745m ECM range, with 3 Range Extender and 3 ECM´s. No remote support. Modules all T4.
Alternative with 3 Suppressors on minimal skills, instead of the ECM´s on a Vaga MK2, already does 745m supressor range. Modules all T4.

So *** yeah, nerf the *** out of a zenith.

Stop QQing and start talking sense, like you used to, instead of that bull. When you are refering to inbalance of a Zenith.

#Bad Robot

MoBIoS wrote:

why don´t you just get rid of Ewar all together? This imho is so very -1.

Same as always, if a fleet of damage whores cannot handle rock, paper, scissor, then its not the game mechanic which is broken. Start thinking out of the box, if you cannot figure how to counter.
Its totally ok, on the range that a sniper dmg dealer can shoot it´s target, when he is fit with RE´s and supported by RSA and Nexus but we wouldn´t think of nerfing this.

When ppl where QQing about Trojar´s apparent imbalance, because ppl where not willing to bring a neut or drainer to the battlefield, as it could spoil their max damage, we didn´t want to touch the insane recharge rate of the tyrannos.

How about this idea, just get rid of Ewar all together. So you can just come with your big guns to the battle, to show off. As probably 98% of the players are doing. So you can have your "fun pvp". No Ewar, just shooting each other, while being able to freely move around. I think you should consider counterstrike, as your prefered game. There´s no Ewar there and just "fun pvp" ^^

To get a max range of about 768m, that would include a suppport of T4 Ewar Nexus on lvl 9, RSA,  you will have to dedicate your complete EP´s to Ewar + secondary skills, like accu management, etc... No Guns, no Indu Bots nothing else, for about  2 years to hardcap, which I did for example. Then and only then will you be able to reach those ranges. Against Snipers which shoot you at a range 800m+, not even considering ECM and Suppression at 800+ to counter, where is there a need to rebalance?

If you are willing to dedicate yourself to Ewar, than you should be superior to a casual demob, fitted as a supplementary gadget on a dmg mech.

If you carry on nerfing everything to do with Ewar, you might as well get rid of it completley.

Excellent points. There are many counters to the extended range S-demob. People so damn quick to cry Nerf.

I especially like the points related to "max damage" fitting mentality. Interesting... must ponder.

Sparking to other games

@Mobios. Can you please summaries your argument? Sorry, English is my second language.

+1
-Confucius

Kaldenines wrote:

@Mobios. Can you please summaries your argument? Sorry, English is my second language.

Summary:
- there is noone using it against him, so its not IMBA
- EWAR needs brain, so its underused, DPS is brainless easy
- Its easy to counter, if field an EWAR mech yourself (counter ewar with ewar)
- And its easy to counter demob with Sniper DPS.

basicly he writes, the Long range S-Demob is no issue if you field your own blob (3+ agents) against it, since the demob fit also requires at least 2 other agents to do anything.

23 (edited by Celebro 2012-10-05 11:06:28)

Summary: Please don't nerf S-demob/range extenders, I have spent 2 years specializing for this, don't care if the pvp is fun or not.

Edit: OP was asking an open ended request/change for good fun pvp mechanic changes. OP gets accused of whining and on not finding a counter. Same old story in PVP balancing threads.

RIP PERPETUUM

people spec in this

+1 all ewAr have LOS

We are playing chess and the rest of perp is playing checkers.   http://stringcan.com/wp-content/uploads … 80x305.jpg     
http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkore321/videos