Topic: Alternative to Breaching / Siege Bots

I have seen a few people requesting new Mechs specifically for breaching base defences. I had a quick look around the forum and did not see anything similar to the idea I wish to propose (If it has been said before I apologise)

How about a Heavy Missile Module for large mechs that require a spotter to fire. The range would be long and they could only be fired at a spotter location in the same squad. The Missiles themselves would be able to affect the terrain and the spotters would be able to target terrain tiles for the "Barrage"
The spotters would be smaller mechs with a special target painting module.

The Idea would be to have the spotters head out to the base and target the walls, and or structures allowing the mechs with the Heavy Missile Launchers to launch a barrage on the base or wall. As these heavy missiles would not require LoS and affect terrain, they could be used to breach the outer walls and then the spotters could get inside and target paint the buildings inside for a second barrage to be launched.

The attackers would focus on keeping the spotters alive and defending your mechs with the heavy launchers, while the defenders would need to defend against the breach and attempt to take out the heavy launchers.

This may however end up in both sides sitting on opposite sides of the island and launching barrages at each other until one side gives up or is destroyed.

I have not been in any base defence or assaults yet but hope to in the future so this Idea may be completely impossible or just out right stupid, but none the less.

I await the immediate assault of comments of encouragement and discouragement

Re: Alternative to Breaching / Siege Bots

Shiva and Seraph! Shiva and Seraph!

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

+1 for creative thinking. This sounds like artillery with a twist. I like the general idea of a spotter bot. Would probably be cooler on future light stealthy bots (see signature).

If tile selection becomes option to mechanics in future, great then artillery. This can work just as well with non-area affect weapons that target specific bots/buildings.

Imagine stealthy bot with stealthy target painter locking up oblivious target to be insta-popped by squad of these long range beasts. What OP describes requires quite a few new bots and mechanics. Would be cool, some day hopefully...

Sparking to other games

Sounds good but only for greens?

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Media:Concept_art

You know tanks, in this game would make it about 20 percent more awesome!

Seeing how you DO have a massive WOT crowd out there, just waiting for a opportunity.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13