26 (edited by Gunner 2014-06-26 10:50:32)

Re: The theory of mutual interests.

The reset was to balance factions in the game.

Nothing more.

All the crap you see in the forums is just part of the  "fluff" to make things interesting.

The End.

Skydell wrote:

What you are talking about, OP is player policy. It isn't up to development to make it or enforce it.

If there was something Development could do in this dimension of the game, it would be to template a corporate page here on the forums, for each Corporation that is in the GargaJ graph. It would be up to the corporation to decide what policies were transparent and what policies were classified. This could include Blue and red lists, Research trees, all political and trade affiliations.

Mostly what you are talking about is 'politics' and it adds a dimension to the game. The problem is, we don't always know the politics of the politics.

I'm going to use Joke and CIR as an example. They reset not too long ago and it seemed to be a shake hands and walk away affair. Then there appeared to be a betrayal where Joke lost and undisclosed cargo Scarab while trying to evac Beta. On the surfaceit appears that CIR stabbed Joke in the back but we have no information on agreements and how that whole situation went down.

A public corp page would allow for transparent policy and public relations guidelines on such political aspects of gameplay.

tl:dr most 'bad' player behaviour is rooted in misinformation.

Annihilator wrote:
Jita wrote:
Skydell wrote:

I'm going to use Joke and CIR as an example. They reset not too long ago and it seemed to be a shake hands and walk away affair. Then there appeared to be a betrayal where Joke lost and undisclosed cargo Scarab while trying to evac Beta. On the surfaceit appears that CIR stabbed Joke in the back but we have no information on agreements and how that whole situation went down.

Where do people get this stuff from?

Nothing of the sort happened. We left amicably and since the situation has soured because of personalities, not actions.

Well, he already wrote it down in his own post:

Skydell wrote:

tl:dr most 'bad' player behaviour is rooted in misinformation.

Skydell wrote:

If there was something Development could do in this dimension of the game, it would be to template a corporate page here on the forums, for each Corporation that is in the GargaJ graph. It would be up to the corporation to decide what policies were transparent and what policies were classified. This could include Blue and red lists, Research trees, all political and trade affiliations.

Mostly what you are talking about is 'politics' and it adds a dimension to the game. The problem is, we don't always know the politics of the politics.

The politics will remain, people will still trollpost and *** but a forum based corporate template would provide corporations with official positions. There would be no need to reply 1400 times when someone does what I just did. Know some things and make the rest up.

28 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-06-28 05:19:08)

Ignoring whatever jobberish hunter attempted to google translate into English...I think the general jist of this frame of mind is one that infests most player.

I think everyone assumed that the game would be super fair.  That both sides would know for a fact the exact numbers and fleet composition of enemies and come with exact equals...that some corporations and alliances would kick friends to the curb to lower numbers and strength to create a partnership of equals among all players. 

It will never work this way.  Its a sandbox.  I know many people have had hurt feelings over the fact that some refuse to throw fights, let others win not based on tactics/intel/skill but on keeping everyone happy.

We have seen time and time again, people who don't dominate in pvp leave the game or go into the shadows posting and chatting only, usually to berate those who are doing well, and to lay blame for whatever issue is at hand.

A game like this needs winners and losers in fights to keep the economy going.  Ore is infinite, most of which can be acquired with ZERO risk.  Losing bots shouldn't be an issue.  Replenishing lost bots keeps the wheels of the game moving...and when people decide to not risk loss...be it to prevent others from getting pvp, or winning, or to prevent asset loss...the rest of the game suffers.  It hurts alpha pve players most.

Anyway.  Im sorry the game didn't turn out into a soccer style tournament tie where everyone wins and all is happy.

We did try to do what was best for the game, without completely faking it by letting people who failed to use all the game has to offer, and to use coordination and tactics, win consistently.

Mutual interests is that the game succeeds.  However, no one is going to play bad on purpose indefinitely so that others who will quit the second they stop winning can stay.

Nothing can be done to resolve this.  Resetting all accounts will leave those with superior coordination and tactics just as strong.  Causing the current batch of strong player to leave will just allow others to rise up in their spot and dominate. 

I know ive well surpassed the attention span of most people here, and most wont even bother to read this. 

There is nothing you can do in a game like this to keep players in game who will quit the second the game doesn't go their way.  All you can do is just play the game as it was meant to be played and enjoy it.  Even if that means you don't win all the time.

People give up way too fast.  People barely try and when it doesn't work out blame others and quit.  Problem is in the players, not the winners who everyone cast blame upon but the losers who seek to find fault in everything but their own attitudes.  Sad thing is most of these people are long time EVE players...so the concept of not being #1 all the time should be baked in and not an issue.  Why is this an issue in perpetuum then?

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Murder everything.

Solved.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Stranger Danger wrote:

Sad thing is most of these people are long time EVE players...so the concept of not being #1 all the time should be baked in and not an issue.  Why is this an issue in perpetuum then?

I sincerely look forward to a day when there are so many stronger forces out there that you always have a new challenge to look forward to.

I read your wall and appreciate the sentiment but fact is there are too many bad winners rubbing it in the loser's faces on nearly every side of every conflict. It was the norm in EVE and it's the norm here. Problem is here you only have the same group to fight over and over. It's completely normal to loose via demoralization. Assets and wars of attrition did not exist in my days in EVE and I've never seen it here either. Its all about breaking the others will to fight.

At least in EVE you could lick your wounds after getting *** and go find new targets and new pastures to rebuild momentum and re motivate. That can't happen in the sad two powerblock, six island world of Nia.

Nothing can be said to get another side to keep checking into the *** cage.

This is not about one or two corps. It's the nature of winning and losing in a video game. And before anyone starts pointing fingers all you mother *** are guilty of it.

Alliance mandated agenda based troll posting has killed more potential in this game than Dev changes ever will.
But then, that's the idea, right?

Cassius wrote:

Alliance mandated agenda based troll posting has killed more potential in this game than Dev changes ever will.

You might be more paranoid than Abe.

Cassius wrote:

Some of us are thoroughly thick skinned.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:
Cassius wrote:

Some of us are thoroughly thick skinned.

It's never been a problem with the ones who are thick skinned, or understand what they are actually reading. It's the ones who don't or aren't, and are lost to the game because of what they read or see. But you understand this more than most Ville.

Sadly,  I do.  I try not to abuse the new players on the forums .  Unless they write a rage thread threatening to sue the devs.

TLDR

Stranger Danger wrote:

Ignoring whatever jobberish hunter attempted to google translate into English...I think the general jist of this frame of mind is one that infests most player.

I think everyone assumed that the game would be super fair.  That both sides would know for a fact the exact numbers and fleet composition of enemies and come with exact equals...that some corporations and alliances would kick friends to the curb to lower numbers and strength to create a partnership of equals among all players. 

It will never work this way.  Its a sandbox.  I know many people have had hurt feelings over the fact that some refuse to throw fights, let others win not based on tactics/intel/skill but on keeping everyone happy.

We have seen time and time again, people who don't dominate in pvp leave the game or go into the shadows posting and chatting only, usually to berate those who are doing well, and to lay blame for whatever issue is at hand.

A game like this needs winners and losers in fights to keep the economy going.  Ore is infinite, most of which can be acquired with ZERO risk.  Losing bots shouldn't be an issue.  Replenishing lost bots keeps the wheels of the game moving...and when people decide to not risk loss...be it to prevent others from getting pvp, or winning, or to prevent asset loss...the rest of the game suffers.  It hurts alpha pve players most.

Anyway.  Im sorry the game didn't turn out into a soccer style tournament tie where everyone wins and all is happy.

We did try to do what was best for the game, without completely faking it by letting people who failed to use all the game has to offer, and to use coordination and tactics, win consistently.

Mutual interests is that the game succeeds.  However, no one is going to play bad on purpose indefinitely so that others who will quit the second they stop winning can stay.

Nothing can be done to resolve this.  Resetting all accounts will leave those with superior coordination and tactics just as strong.  Causing the current batch of strong player to leave will just allow others to rise up in their spot and dominate. 

I know ive well surpassed the attention span of most people here, and most wont even bother to read this. 

There is nothing you can do in a game like this to keep players in game who will quit the second the game doesn't go their way.  All you can do is just play the game as it was meant to be played and enjoy it.  Even if that means you don't win all the time.

People give up way too fast.  People barely try and when it doesn't work out blame others and quit.  Problem is in the players, not the winners who everyone cast blame upon but the losers who seek to find fault in everything but their own attitudes.  Sad thing is most of these people are long time EVE players...so the concept of not being #1 all the time should be baked in and not an issue.  Why is this an issue in perpetuum then?

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

37 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-06-29 01:21:45)

Cassius wrote:

roll

Evil 77 and CIR ruining the game again.

38 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-06-29 15:58:39)

Rage Rex wrote:
Cassius wrote:

roll

Evil 77 and CIR ruining the game again.

No cassius.  What killed a large portion of players was that they had really one option for an active alliance that created content for their members, along with certain corps kicking members for being spies.

It was the same story every recruit I talked to from RAD/STC/whatever new corp.  They just wanted to be around active players who did stuff or had no choice because they were not pvpers and didn't log into voice coms and were accused of spying.

We decided we cant take the whole game, so we stopped recruiting.  You are lucky to see 5-10 minuets of recruitment activity, almost 100% from cons (who are now large because of it) and they are getting members from other notable corps due to their inactivity.

Yeah sure blame the decline on active players.  STC did nothing to provide a fun and happy home for new players.  In fact if it wasn't for my troll posting im sure STC would have ninja hit every single new player corp sap with their three man harass squad and ran them off beta without providing at least entertaining fights.

Just another "we will show them, we will quit if they don't play by our rules" post?

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Stranger Danger wrote:

Yeah sure blame the decline on active players.  STC did nothing to provide a fun and happy home for new players.

what did you to provide STC a fun and happy home in this game?
oh wait, your corps official agenda is to bully STC out of the game...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Our official agenda is to murder them wherever they are in-game, not bully them out of the game.

Just like our official agenda to offer a prayer to Allah every morning that you're not involved in the development of the game anymore.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

41 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-06-29 19:23:08)

Annihilator wrote:
Stranger Danger wrote:

Yeah sure blame the decline on active players.  STC did nothing to provide a fun and happy home for new players.

Did STC do the same after our corp members allowed them to evacuate gamma with goods in a friendly gesture to new players?  What happened to your complaints when STC had a public doctrine of denying pvp and driving us out of the game, seeing as we were the only other active players in game?  Were you there for the chest beating over taking over our abandoned gamma bases when no one was playing?  As usual you are speaking like you are an expert about subject you are clueless about.

Sorry buddy, you spend 99% of the game on the sidelines, and all you know is whats told to you by our enemies and what you see off the forums.  There literally are few players in game as clueless as you about mechanics, politics, and how the game works.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … harmchaos/

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Stranger Danger wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Stranger Danger wrote:

Did STC do the same after our corp members allowed them to evacuate gamma with goods in a friendly gesture to new players?  What happened to your complaints when STC had a public doctrine of denying pvp and driving us out of the game, seeing as we were the only other active players in game?  Were you there for the chest beating over taking over our abandoned gamma bases when no one was playing?  As usual you are speaking like you are an expert about subject you are clueless about.

Sorry buddy, you spend 99% of the game on the sidelines, and all you know is whats told to you by our enemies and what you see off the forums.  There literally are few players in game as clueless as you about mechanics, politics, and how the game works.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … harmchaos/

3rd post from above link a nihilist admitting he would have destroyed the scarabs thus forcing Old School STC out of game.

Annihilator wrote:

just dont quit the game... i had to promise lemon NOT to shoot those scarabs

Back then STC was part of great group lead by people from RPS. Now it's rejects clinging to that legacy and spamming forum with words while doing *** in game. Annihilator would make a perfect recruit.

Rage Rex wrote:

Back then STC was part of great group lead by people from RPS. Now it's rejects clinging to that legacy and spamming forum with words while doing *** in game. Annihilator would make a perfect recruit.

QFT

STC is a washed up vet corp that comes together on Weekends for a few roams, They give bots at 'mark down' to there allies but are still the same money hungry bastards who wouldn't pay to have access to DOM when they were abusing the crap out of missions.... Keep striving to be valid with out Mqx or your old guard from RPS your all a bunch of bitter angry vets like the rest of us.

I heard someone found a cheaper deal on the market than what STC was offering.... It disappeared the same hour no doubt in to the hanger of STC so they could keep selling at a 'mark down'

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

We don't even supply open market and whenever allie gets something from us it's 99% of times free. smile

Burial wrote:

We don't even supply open market and whenever allie gets something from us it's 99% of times free. smile

That's awesome Burial!  Keep up the good work!

Burial wrote:

This does happen quite regularly. Not even just replacing lost bots and mods but donating up front to get us into what we need to field. Definitely happy with STC as an ally.

Gwyndor wrote:
Burial wrote:

This does happen quite regularly. Not even just replacing lost bots and mods but donating up front to get us into what we need to field. Definitely happy with STC as an ally.

This is fantastic news!  Way to go STC!  Keep it up!

Stranger, your take on things is so far off its not worth mentioning beyond this comment.
Heh Lobo, I think we did personally negotiate mission running on Dom once at the cost of a Riv and some Nic ... That still makes me smile.

CIR was allowed by us to remove their assets and decon their terminal, when we breached Bergers. Perhaps a more accurate description would be we couldn't be bothered with breaching your base at that time, which I wanted to. I consider that as returning the favour for the Dana evac. It wasn't my call, but I got much pleasure from your TS and sitting there watching it being done that night. Feel free to spin this history any way you wish. I know what went down from my side.

It's quite interesting the CIR/77 alliance is doing exactly what STC did for about 2 years, control the server and assimilate wealth. But of course what we did was apparently bad for the game while whatever you're doing is somehow righteous. It's all good. For all the obvious trolling I do in response to the stupid things you guys troll, I will never knock someone for using force in a open world PvP game to take and control territory. It's the way the game should be played. Things change all the time, enjoy your time now, you earned it.

And quite honestly, your opinions of STC are entertaining. For such a shell of what we once were, we still sure get a ton of press from you. Thanks for that. Also, umm the "outlast" strategy hasn't been used in over a year, we get the whole "f2p we ain't going anywhere" thing now since the change. Try and get a better botang maybe?

Cassius wrote:

Stranger, your take on things is so far off its not worth mentioning beyond this comment.
Heh Lobo, I think we did personally negotiate mission running on Dom once at the cost of a Riv and some Nic ... That still makes me smile.

CIR was allowed by us to remove their assets and decon their terminal, when we breached Bergers. Perhaps a more accurate description would be we couldn't be bothered with breaching your base at that time, which I wanted to. I consider that as returning the favour for the Dana evac. It wasn't my call, but I got much pleasure from your TS and sitting there watching it being done that night. Feel free to spin this history any way you wish. I know what went down from my side.

It's quite interesting the CIR/77 alliance is doing exactly what STC did for about 2 years, control the server and assimilate wealth. But of course what we did was apparently bad for the game while whatever you're doing is somehow righteous. It's all good. For all the obvious trolling I do in response to the stupid things you guys troll, I will never knock someone for using force in a open world PvP game to take and control territory. It's the way the game should be played. Things change all the time, enjoy your time now, you earned it.

And quite honestly, your opinions of STC are entertaining. For such a shell of what we once were, we still sure get a ton of press from you. Thanks for that. Also, umm the "outlast" strategy hasn't been used in over a year, we get the whole "f2p we ain't going anywhere" thing now since the change. Try and get a better botang maybe?

That's Fantastic Cassius!  I hope you guys keep up the good work!  Looking forward to seeing your rubberbanding Mesmer mk2 on the field!  Have a good day buddy!