Topic: MPC and common sence

What is warfare settlement in our imaginations?
Its a defense, industry, hangars and territorial tuning.
In perp we are able to put decent defense, shape a land to have some walls to form roads and obstacles.
But what defense complex defending? It defending 1 terminal and 8 factories with unlimited hangars, indy lines etc. The stuff, what you defending, will occupy really small amount of territory, so you don't have to plan your expansion. At least its intended.

So this thing is a bit bothering me, and i would like to propose limit manufacturing lines and hangars, add some new buildings to encourage territorial expansion.

Re: MPC and common sence

Separate factories to light and heavy industry f.e.

Interesting idea. -  although I like it less with all of this "Siege bots" talk thrown about.

Making my expensive investments easier to kill (easier to kill with less investment)  does not make me more inclined to want to make more investments.

Ide like to see the addition of player built HWYs. this would help us develop islands & give them the feeling that we are bring in civilization! big_smile

Also maybe have a new PBS for in the field storage?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

i dont think the single 3D artist has time to implement another batch of new buildings  AND new robots...

I prefer new robots >>>>>>>>> new buildings wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

i dont think the single 3D artist has time to implement another batch of new buildings  AND new robots...

I prefer new robots >>>>>>>>> new buildings wink

oH FOR SURE! new robots first smile

But ill always dream of player made HWYs roll big_smile

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

7 (edited by Stranger Danger 2012-09-19 03:54:28)

IndustryMonkey wrote:

Interesting idea. -  although I like it less with all of this "Siege bots" talk thrown about.

Making my expensive investments easier to kill (easier to kill with less investment)  does not make me more inclined to want to make more investments.

Hey, seige bot guy here.

My suggestion for siege bots was to also make it easier to make the bases to siege.  I like this idea.  I like anything that makes bases/defending/attacking  more common, more complex, and more interesting.

Right now its a few insanely build and defended bases that are all but impossible to seige, and when you show up knocking on their door there isnt really any action.  Under the current system its expensive and time consuming...and well boring.

Anything to encourage more bases and more and interesting siege mechanics im all for.  Lets be honest here, terraforming in a harvester bot and using mechs to destroy structures doesn't make much sense, there should be massive and expensive siege bots for attacking and making/repairing bases should be the easy part.

Anyway i dont expect to see anything along the lines of a siege bot ever...or at least not for a very long time, stuff like that takes a lot of development.

My hope is that one day people are able to make small corps, go build a base, and have fun defending, rather than having to ally to get access to a super impenetrable base that the whole server would have to siege to destroy.

Anyway the fun should be in the building defending and attacking, not setting up a safe zone on a pvp island.

I like the OP's idea however, forcing people to expand the base would theoretically lead to territory conflicts.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

NEW MECHANIC... FOOD

If Bots need food to live then we can stave the F*****s out the old fashioned way yarr

Im voting Roman style Siege warfare.

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

NEW MECHANIC... FOOD

If Bots need food to live then we can stave the F*****s out the old fashioned way yarr

YES! make them consume a bit of plasma every now and again =P and then ofc make npcs drop moar plasma =P

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

NEW MECHANIC... FOOD

according to the mission of Passat VII they really do need food in one way or other, already wondered what kind of food is meant there that the Nians even need warehouses big_smile

If NPC are drop plasma, that's prolly NOT a food big_smile

Stranger Danger wrote:
IndustryMonkey wrote:

Hey, seige bot guy here.

My suggestion for siege bots was to also make it easier to make the bases to siege.  I like this idea.  I like anything that makes bases/defending/attacking  more common, more complex, and more interesting.

Right now its a few insanely build and defended bases that are all but impossible to seige, and when you show up knocking on their door there isnt really any action.  Under the current system its expensive and time consuming...and well boring.

Anything to encourage more bases and more and interesting siege mechanics im all for.  Lets be honest here, terraforming in a harvester bot and using mechs to destroy structures doesn't make much sense, there should be massive and expensive siege bots for attacking and making/repairing bases should be the easy part.

Anyway i dont expect to see anything along the lines of a siege bot ever...or at least not for a very long time, stuff like that takes a lot of development.

My hope is that one day people are able to make small corps, go build a base, and have fun defending, rather than having to ally to get access to a super impenetrable base that the whole server would have to siege to destroy.

Anyway the fun should be in the building defending and attacking, not setting up a safe zone on a pvp island.

I like the OP's idea however, forcing people to expand the base would theoretically lead to territory conflicts.

Ultimately it boils down to.  Terraform for 2 hours.  Shoot buildings for 1 hour, wait three days rinse and repeat and hope like hell you aren't having major life change events take place on the third day that would keep you from logging in.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Industrial Sector wrote:

If NPC are drop plasma, that's prolly NOT a food big_smile

probably not

Plasma = blood
Kernel = Brain
scalps = ???

btw, theres a single robot ingame that has a "mouth"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I would like to resurect this topic and talk a bit about NPC settlement.
In my opinion, look-and-feel of your town, despite how complex it is, would be allways the same: the forest of tall towers. This is because basically each MPC building is a tower with height and radius. We are not able to build buildings with a non-conus shape.
I would like allso to request a "real life" like buildings, what we have allready in game: they are used to be a decorations. I think, MPC settlement should look like: http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/3570 … ndusf5.jpg - Building size in a different way, highways etc.