Topic: Buildings in Reinforcement Mode Need to stop Functioning.

Repair Nodes......  Repair Nodes........   REPAIR NODES......

/tap /tap screen

Hello!  Devs listen, stop what your doing.  Make this happen Naiws!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Buildings in Reinforcement Mode Need to stop Functioning.

And Batterys and Reactors and Maskers!

everything, really. every single building should either stop functioning, or operate at 25% efficiency or something when it's reinforced. if you implement it, dont implement it half-assed. there's no logical reason for any of them to continue to work.

mqx wrote:

everything, really. every single building should either stop functioning, or operate at 25% efficiency or something when it's reinforced. if you implement it, dont implement it half-assed. there's no logical reason for any of them to continue to work.

+1

++

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

+1

7 (edited by Ensifer 2012-09-18 08:19:39)

If reinforced buildings stop working, then defenders will have no chanse to regroup. We saw this on TOG base, when all buildings, exept terminal, was destroyed and defense of single outpost not worth of loosing atleast single heavy mech.

Shooting down only repair nodes will lead to the fact that when planning base ppl will simply raise the mount with the height of 500-1500m and cut off all entrances or will rise defencive wall around repair nodes and surround them with turrets. To prevent the attackers from getting up there with terraforming - on the perimeter they will drop up the other buildings with reinforce timers. Nothing but disfigured design bases that will not give in eventually.

Ensifer wrote:

If reinforced buildings stop working, then defenders will have no chanse to regroup. We saw this on TOG base, when all buildings, exept terminal, was destroyed and defense of single outpost not worth of loosing atleast single heavy mech.

Shooting down only repair nodes will lead to the fact that when planning base ppl will simply raise the mount with the height of 500-1500m and cut off all entrances or will rise defencive wall around repair nodes and surround them with turrets. To prevent the attackers from getting up there with terraforming - on the perimeter they will drop up the other buildings with reinforce timers. Nothing but disfigured design bases that will not give in eventually.

As of now every thing but 2 things went to reinforced.... this is sad for the attacker to not make a bigger difference in the place they are attacking.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

yes

Lobo wrote:

As of now every thing but 2 things went to reinforced.... this is sad for the attacker to not make a bigger difference in the place they are attacking.

oh, really? tongue

+1 reinforce then still working 100% is fail sauce and half *** like what the devs usually do when they add something to the game. If the defenders cant defend and or wont defend then y shouldn't it get blown up?

If I go and hit an enemy base, I should know that I've done at least some troubles to them, not just turning that nice shield on and "please come back later"

I hear the arguments about repair nodes - but then I think    "What good is a repair node, except when the base is under fire?"   Making that change is a terminal nerf.

Making this change, makes them utterly useless.  Unless you do something like give them a really wide zone of control or allow for really long ranges between them and the repair targets.

repair nodes have no LoS... as long as there is no artillery availiable, you can TF them in...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

repair nodes have no LoS... as long as there is no artillery availiable, you can TF them in...

This is exactly the problem, you HAVE to bring a blob in order to either OUT DPS the Turret's repair amount by the repair node.

OR 

We found a creative solution but it requires a certain combination of ewar to be there smile

If I can get to your repair node to shoot it in reinforcement your turrets are probably worthless.

16 (edited by Hunter 2012-09-24 05:40:52)

I read this topic again and again. But can't see solving the problem. Ok, lets tommorow introduce this. What it will change?
1) Repair nodes will be hidden behind the walls/another buildings or just burrowed.
2) As we all know it's possible to boost hi-tech turrets to insane range.
more than it's possible to manually repair it. or deconstruct and construct again.

Guys you try to adjust ballance for your current needs... But finaly such changes will give nothing. More than it spent so precious DeV's time.

I understand the only one thing. Gamma PvP should give results for both sides. Now it gives nothing except trolling in GC.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

btw, ville:
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … air-nodes/

see point #4.
I did the assumptions based on my standard building colony on PTS.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Ironically the changes made after the player/dev gamma conference call has swung too much in the difficult to kill direction now. Having reinforced building lose a % of their functions is an excellent idea. If its made that they lose all, there needs to be a way to repair them temporarily ... (Not an easy way)

I don't want anything made too easy in the game. If the game mechanics allow a relatively new, but determined corp the ability to at least try and settle Gamma, then I think it's a good thing. But to make bases virtually indestructible is not in anyone's interest. They should be hard to kill, but not impossible. I personally was hoping more buildings stayed destructible outright, and terraforming charges had retained some cost to them, but that's me. We are seeing the effects of this last change now. Hopefully the dev's will balance things a bit in the future. A game like Perp that is constantly updated needs constant balancing, it's the nature of the beast and I accept that.

Disclaimer: I don't think any current base is indestructible, be it ours or Chaos, and I'm sure we are both going to test that soon smile ... But I do think it may be a bit harder than it should be. Ultimately base defense should succeed on the human reaction and good planning, not automated systems; ie you wanna live on Gamma you need to be able to defend it.

Buildings in Reinforcement Mode Need to stop Functioning

~ Buildings in reinforcement mode need to have their roles reduced by about 50%
Example: if a backbone goes in to reinforce it transfers 50% of its max power output.
* If a repair node goes into reinforce it should repair for only 50% of its maximum repair capability
* If a booster goes into reinforce its boosting effect should be reduced (what ever its boosting should be dead at this point)

I think some modifications should be made to how reinforcement works but there should not be a full stop to all effects and functions of structures in reinforce.

Q: should a terminal in reinforce not be able to be docked into(main function of a terminal) ??
A: NO, structures in reinforce should still function but at a lesser capacity.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Stop being care bear f@ggets.  Spamming repair nodes and other things are *** advantages to the defender.  If I get in a position to shoot your repair node it  should die or stop working.  Also if I get into a position to shoot an energy back bone then that's poor planning on youŕ part.  It should stop functioning. Look what your Carebearness is doing to the market.   Epi crashed,Nora crashed.  Colixum worthless?  Why buildings not blowing up and no demand.

@Hunter your arguments are invalid, your almost as big of a carebear as Annihilator.  Next thing I know there will be a no pve thread on Gamma thread and hands growing from v@ginas thread.

Now time for more of the  mini bar.

Why you want to shoot my repair nodes whilst I am sleeping and get away with it.? How are you giving defenders a chance to defend.?

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Why you want to shoot my repair nodes whilst I am sleeping and get away with it.? How are you giving defenders a chance to defend.?

thats what the re-enforce mode is for.

no?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

23 (edited by Celebro 2012-09-26 11:51:02)

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Celebro wrote:

thats what the re-enforce mode is for.

no?

Yes, by getting away with it, I meant shooting structures with the ability to stop functioning, which really hampers the ability of the colony to defend it's self. A more half way approach is in order as already mentioned.

RIP PERPETUUM

reinforce mode was meant for the defender to set up a time where they have to be online to manually defend their base, if they got attacked during their offtime - as oppositte to beta outposts, where it depends on the RNG.

both systems are meant to "force" both sides to be present at a certain time, if they want to accomplish their goal, which is either defending their home, or destroying some elses home, or to have a big battle with many player involved on both sides.

both systems also have their numbers based on the assumption, that defenders should at least spend 1 hour defending.

on beta islands, not beeing present means, you lose facility points and buff. on gamma island, the first attack will be without consequences for the buildings that went into reinforce mode. -IMHO, thats only an issue with the repair nodes, since those keep the buildings that do not reinforce alive.

you can compare it with having an indestructible, EWAR-immune RR bot behind your fleet, that has no LoS restrictions, so it can also be shielded from Neuts.

Regardless the attacking force has to be 20+ HMech trying to out dps  1 turret.  Image if  there was 5 turrets stackef together or worse 500 in a.straight line 20 m apart and hi-tech.