Topic: The Slow Painful death of Small scale PVP

First off I must say that I've been in big fights where it was alliance vs alliance.... See CIR vs Wambulance on hokk before L-demob nerf was pretty epic.

Secondly I will say that small scale pvp has been dieing for a while now and this is not a QQ you killed my game thread just simply stateing the facts as clearly as I can.

The Small scale/Solo PVP venture is something that I hold very dearly as I have played other sand boxes I always enjoyed being against odds or the underdog in PVP fights. Small scale guerilla tactics have a place in this game but the devs have been slowly forcing PVPrs hands to use other methods or tactics (blob) for no reasons sometimes.

Lets look back at the past patchs and what they brought to the PVP table.

• Detecter and Maskers - Both Items promote fighting in small groups but also hinder small groups.

• L-demob Line of sight nerf - This one hit home for me as a zenith pilot, this effectivly rendered L-demobs usless in certain situations also limiting the solo/small pvper to choose s-dmobs to prevent target from escape.

• Speed nerfs/buffs and various sight range buffs/nerfs - True Light E-war bots are very stealthy now 300+ masking is excelent for small/solo ops but what about DPS. Understandable you want stealth dps will suffer so its a good trade. Assaults speed vs Mech speed. wasp vs kain nuff said.

• Teleports and mobile Teleports - Instabality, protection, distance to the internal TP when you tp to another tp. All things that were looked at because people play TP games, TP games to small/solo PVPs = death when the person chasing or running calls for friends. The mechanic was never fixed its still exsists and to make it worse you can now start running when after you TP and your times are off when you reach the TP to jump again. Mobile Teleports their masking fail fail fail 4k vision on a TP really the only way on and off almost all islands are now probed and to drop a mobile teleport I basicly shoot a flare that says here I am get me. Interzone TPS.... Wow such a great item but saddly it was nerfed by a huge volume 60U must be placed in sequer at minimum has same limitations as other TPs w/ 4k vision and the fact that yes I can TP to an interanal TP that hopefully isn't probed now I'm on an island what now? how do I get off if I was spotted and the enemy just puts supperior forces on the 2 yes 2 teleports off the island. Teleport redistrobution gamma patch.... again WTF the use of scouts and probes already kills the potential for small/solo roams, having only 2 entrys to one island forces you to use safe logg (seen as exploit by some) to even have the possibility of being on an island unscouted. I could go on but I think we see where this on is going

• Walls and Terraforming - Even as I addapted to STC's use of walls I began to wonder how much harder will it be when terraforming is released. Walls were nerfed and nerfed and are still a pain to solo roamers. Terraformed walls present an even bigger problem now I must go there with a terraforming bot w/ no protection or go home. I think there are other threads on this.

• Probes - They were so bad at release they rolled back the server and gave nic back.... hello need a clue how bad they still are. See #4 but also #5 people terraforming chokepoints with a probe in a hole no way around it you will get pinged same for the walls. Pathetic exploitable and as cheap as they are spammable even with the extention / limitation per corp its LOL because I can make a trial put it in a corp and spam a few more as long as that trial is online I will still get pings.

• Spark Teleport - good and bad here but easily countered as 99% of people cry for help you will only kill one or two before the need to run because docking up flagged is not happening see #4 TP 4k vision and #1 detecters and #6 probes.

• Ewar Tunnings/ ECCMs /sealings - a gift and a curse losing a head/leg slot to make me more powerful is helpful but it goes both ways, and most likely favors blob tactics as they will be using specialized bots and roles.

• LWF and speed on the battlefield - the slower one always loses especially true if your solo as the other side will likely call for back up if you out class them. Losing a leg slot = less options which = people knowing your fits faster and will plan for you once your scouted.. again see above

• AOE explosions - the shiney star for solo and small gangs this has singlehandly won fights before but saddly it is also exploitable as people about to die desperatly d-mob and blow on top of smaller bots which are prefered buy who? oh yeah the solo/small pvper.

• Interference - not really an issue good anti blob mechanic but if there are enough for interference to be an issuse the small roam is severly out numbered and needs to run. Running see above

• Minerals that spawn - the removal of static ore spawns and a huge decrease in mining bots being blown up.
    Grabbing a miner hardly constituted as PVP but it sometimes sparked small pvp because of people logging of combat alts with their miner. Not any more roaming to the epi spots is gone.

So before I even get on to an island the odds are greatly against me and the option to grab a kill and escape are becoming a thing of the past.

Not that I don't enjoy the challenge just wondering how much further are you going to push PVP to the way of the blob.

More nerfs than ERP..... Hands doing what?

Add to list of broke please Hunter

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Re: The Slow Painful death of Small scale PVP

Yes the best fights i ever got to have was small gang PVP. Watching it get nerfed over the years has been sad sad

Detecter and Maskers:
I actually think this was a great introduction & mechanic to the game. I found this made mights along more fun & roaming far more interesting. The old hard rule of 1Km sucked & i remember many complaining how stupid it was that a mech & light bot had the same "view" range.

Speed nerfs/buffs:
Dude i remember running in fear when i firest started playing when seeing an Intakt lol Ewar bots were what all the cool kids used tongue Im hoping MK3 brings back some of the fun Ewars had big_smile

Probes:
Yes the DEVs F***ED those up big time. But i have to wonder was having Arkhe trial accounts / alts on ever game any better? sure u can kill them easy but man when you see that kind of game play happening you know theres something missing / wrong with that section of the game.

Im still not convinced about Spark TPing.
Moving across the game world fast is nice, the balance side it you cant take you bot. The down side i can see is once you undock if you dont like the situation thats ok just dock & jump to another clone.
I still believe that spark TPing should remain unlimited Untill you undock. Then a timer starts on when you can next use the spark TP. 

Yet to use the ewar tunings.. etc. But i think its still cool to have those as options in game.

AOE: So your next to a reactor as it melts down & blows up & your there in your board shorts? Yeah its gonna hurt. AOE i think could be made even harsher TBH. i think Interference Should increase blast radius. That way it becomes an even more powerful anti blob mechanic.

Interference on its own still lacks something... i can never put my finger on what tho.

As for the Dynamic ore fields i gotta be blunt here mate... Cry me a river lol. static fields on beta islands ment easy kills for lazy pvpers imo.
But heres the thing ore fields can still last a little while. Just depends on the amount of miner activity. So the more active they are the more chance you have of getting them. the less active tho the longer the fields will be there & at least you know the location... maybe. tongue

Walls and Terraforming:
Yep your right & as ive stated in the other thread they still lack proper balance. Im not against people making "safe" areas. But as it stands right now its not hard to lock off a whole island.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

all valid points,

I wonder what the DEV analysis finds as reason why even the PvP corps out there put so much effort into having 100% safe mining and NPCing - and PvP only when THEY want to.

two things could be seen during the years the game exists:

• DEVs add stuff that makes it possible to avoid beeing involved in PVP.
    -> less pvp happens, pvp'er leaving the game

• DEVs add/change stuff to make it unavoidable beeing shot down by other player
    -> more pvp happens, because of that, carebears leaving the game
    -> less pvp, pvp'er leaving because getting bored.

There is no casual PvP possible in perpetuum, so no matter which part of the above listed points is changed, it will most likely just end in less PvP over time.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

i get what your saying Anni BUT if carebears want to be safe there is alpha. The problem is the PVP islands can be converted into alpha lol.

First off At the Care Bears: They have had it lucky for most of this games history. with low population its ment going out & bearing it up on a beta was a worth while risk. A care bear should not expect to be safe on a PVP island with out the proper backup or having active combat PVPers on the island.
The Devs shouldnt fear about lose of carebears for PVP changes Since the best protection should always be live players, Not Walls / TF / Probes.

But saying that Alpha & the missions system needs love. They are so stupidly boring that when i have to do them i tend to stop playing the game after for a week or so.
More challanging game play for Solo & Team on Alpha is needed so people that have a more casual play style or prefer to carebear still stay with the game.

Second: One of the bigger driving forces to the game is PVP its where alot of in game produced items normally endup going in 1 way or another. If the PVPers go away the market slows down.. miners have less orders to fill, producers sell less stock.
Sure people still build but from my personal experience it tends to switch to personal stock piling or replacinging a few lost bots from PVE.
The only other factor is New players. they do push up demand for items / bots.

If you dont believe me then you should have seen the mineral market a few months ago. very low prices & small buy orders. These were all signs of a market thats was nearly 100% dead. The only reason to my knowledge it kicked back into life was the greenlight thing & blackomen sinking 10s of billions into it.

we have 30 PVP islands & it would be a shame to see them all walled off over time leaving us with the old 6 beta islands for small / meds pvp

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

5 (edited by Annihilator 2012-09-16 19:50:32)

For me*, the reason for the lack of PvP is... the distinct difference between PvP and PvE. Its like having two completely different games, where, as many already noticed, the PvE game lacks content (aka "black" and "white")

thats what i meant with my closing sentence - there is no casual PvP possible in perpetuum (aka "shades of grey").

That the market is dead also a result of that contrast: Fully self sufficient PvP groups on the one side, and never-losing-equip-PvE player.  Where is there place for a large scale of trading?

*as i said, thats my PoV on the matter, and the reason you down see me on pvp islands on regular basis. The "Farming" experience there is not different. There is no "Roaming PVE" that will somehow compensates for the loss of the robot** and equip if i eventually run into a roaming PvP group.

** its not the loss of the robot that keeps me away, its the loss of time, since everything i could get from the npcs there would be destroyed together with my robot (aka. plasma, kernels)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

cool story

true

8 (edited by Kaldenines 2012-09-16 23:02:39)

Maybe we are actually playing an ultra-realistic simulation of what it would be like if the human race tried to colonize another planet using robots controlled through wormholes and there would be no such thing as silly small scale conflicts...
*puts down the crack pipe*

Agree with most of OPs points.
Detection, probes and arkhe scouts are a particularly critical set of things that are hard to get right.  They can't be considered in isolation.  When it comes to open world pvp it's all about information and misinformation (a lot like a game of poker really).

Have to disagree about the Zenith demob range though, imo it's far too good at demobing as things stand.  Having a mech that's better at tackling than any small bot makes light ewar tackle redundant and also limits hit and run tactics which could otherwise make for fun encounters.

+1
-Confucius

at least the arkhe scout issue will be solved mostly after added 1 interference to teleporter buildings wink
... oh wait, that still didnt happen yet, right?

ewar balance is a riddle anyway...

This is sadly true.

I see one big problem here, Perpetuum MORE FUN in small scale PVP than ANYTHING else, I basically played the game because of it. And I am not against big scale just let happen small also.

I used to pvp alone, and was fun, but before spark teleports I felt like "hundred miles" over some fight didnt want to start. So this is not as bad.

My 2 biggest problem here, the detectors and was the arkhe scouts (what is nerfed afaik) and changed short range ammos. Nowadays If you go without detectors you die, or at least dont find anything because everybody move away.

THE PROBLEM IS HERE: Need to solve the issue, you dont want to PVE, you just farming like a "blind mouse". So we need more life on islands (But I dont want to kill miners.) and than you can find PVP. And also if you do PVE you fit your bot different than you go PVP (as Anni said). So when you find anybody you will just had the advantage after the "farmers".

My idea: Make a building what you can attack (NPC-s defend it) and then you earn money (because this building sent energy to earth, syndicate pay for energy) or something or any idea to be incentiveness to be on Gamma, Beta islands.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

More players=more medium corps in outposts=more small and mid size pvp.
10k players online: aaaaaand /solved

Khader... Would you try to... create something... big...
If you wanna single roams - what for you need MMO?.. Play single games.
I can agree with some points, but not all.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Alexadar wrote:

More players=more medium corps in outposts=more small and mid size pvp.
10k players online: aaaaaand /solved

& when we get that many people i will be able to post some of the issues i can see we will have. But ill wait for that day first tongue

Hunter wrote:

Khader... Would you try to... create something... big...
If you wanna single roams - what for you need MMO?.. Play single games.
I can agree with some points, but not all.

Why play solo games if I like PVP just not blob warfare. Fail Hunter nerf ERP, MMO doesn't mean 30 vs 30 it just means massivly multiplayer online not forced to blob online. Even in that other game we always compare Perp with there is meaningfull small gang or solo PVP experiance. I know I lived in a 6 man corp in a wormhole we would scan out back doors to 0.0 and raid the people living there. 6 vs 6, 6 vs 10, heck 1-2 odds aren't that bad but if I can't get to or find a target with out the target first knowing (A.) I'm on the island and (B.) What bot I'm in, I've already lost what I brought before PVP starts because the enemy will just deploy higher class/tier bots and stomp out easy win... Not that its bad to do that you are defending your home. No one wants to play on a level field when its their choice. The problem is that choice is easily made for them with Probes on teleports and detectors.

Hunter, Balf, Inda, Sir Vampire, Neverfelt, Sxorpion, Jean Mi, Chorizzo, Frostbite, Lemon all these people were very good at solo pvp so much so that when they were seen solo you might think to not engage with out help. Out of those people named only 3 still play and I haven't seen much out of any of them but Balf lately.

Why has solo pvp and small gang roams died. Now the only way to get pvp is go make someones base sound an alarm that won't stop.

Remove probes from 1000m of telleports and make an easy counter like interference emiter scrambles the probes brains (for the ones people wall in and terraform in) and make masked standard teleport beacons.

15 (edited by Lolpus 2012-09-20 16:24:38)

Khader Khan wrote:

n easy counter like interference emiter scrambles the probes brains (for the ones people wall in and terraform in) and make masked standard teleport beacons.

They do...... Very well i might add. You have been told this before.

Edit: Population is  a large factor in this issue but not the only one.

lol, DEV zoom loves those requests of features that are already in for ages...

well hhmmmm if small/ solo pvp was dead or broken then Balf would not be 2nd place of the current top Killers on the KB...

many / all points invalid....

If you wan to find pvp you will find it .... it will not be handed to you.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

18 (edited by Xadhoom 2012-09-20 19:20:34)

To be honest, some points are valid. What I see killing small pvp is not the mechanics but rather the people. for example you see one or two hostiles in assault, you go after them in assaults, to only have the hostiles lead you into a logged out blob.

Log out blobs kill small pvp, because they turned small scale pvp into a beat for the blob.

so if you complain about small pvp dieing well thats why, as much as many people want to do small scale pvp but have been caught so many times in log out traps, doesn't take to many of these before the victims to this will just bring out 2x the number of hostiles they find. Then general lights up with the Blob crying begins.

for me there are only a couple of people (aka veterans) I would give a straight fight to because of what I mentioned above.

most pvp that happens now a days is in response to something else.

to be honest these days, when people pvp they bring 4, 5 ,6 different corps to fight someone so they obviously aren't interested in small pvp.

I can see small pvp coming back with the increased in population, because out of ever 4 new subs atleast 1 want to pvp.

also how do you define small pvp? 2 on 2, 2 on 4, 4 on 4. or is it just even numbers you are looking for?

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

Xadhoom wrote:

To be honest, some points are valid. What I see killing small pvp is not the mechanics but rather the people. for example you see one or two hostiles in assault, you go after them in assaults, to only have the hostiles lead you into a logged out blob.

Log out blobs kill small pvp, because they turned small scale pvp into a beat for the blob.

so if you complain about small pvp dieing well thats why, as much as many people want to do small scale pvp but have been caught so many times in log out traps, doesn't take to many of these before the victims to this will just bring out 2x the number of hostiles they find. Then general lights up with the Blob crying begins.

for me there are only a couple of people (aka veterans) I would give a straight fight to because of what I mentioned above.

Your correct on this aspect, also as Khader (former 62nd) and I (former 62nd) know small groups do employ these methods of using log out traps. we use to do it all the time so again most of what the OP is complaining about all boils down to having pvp served on a platter.

I agree that pvp is more about the player than the mechanics in that if you want to pvp you can do your homework and recon to find targets, after that its all about your attack execution. many players have shown and continue to show that it is possible to get on to gammas get kills and get out. Its not easy.... but neither is defending a Gamma or beta if under attack.

The solo game is difficult, but this is not a solo game. small groups are abundant, these small corps work hard to accomplish their goals.

I'm not the first nor will i be the last to say that until the game population is in the thousands solo pvp'ers will not be able to log on and go kill noobs (PVP on a platter) in 10 to 15 minutes which is what this post seems to be asking for.

you will only find "small scale" PvP when you have someone esle seeking the same running around and accidentally meet that one on the big world.

accidentally meeting is almost not possible due to some circumstances. The ones "living" on pvp islands got two choices: Walling off any threat to their PvE Agents, or beeing open to the PvP starving Agents that will farm you until you lose stamina to rebuild.

seriously - is somewhere out there doing PvP and PvE activities with the same bot and fit... or even same agent?

Its game mechanics, player mentality and population to equal shares

higher population wont last long if the game mechanics make game boring (aka no pve)
game mechanic changes wont help if they are working against player mentality (aka forcing player into PvP)
player mentality wont help if only a small part of the population likes to pvp under the current conditions..

21 (edited by Simmy 2012-09-20 20:58:48)

Annihilator wrote:

Its game mechanics, player mentality and population to equal shares

higher population wont last long if the game mechanics make game boring (aka no pve)
game mechanic changes wont help if they are working against player mentality (aka forcing player into PvP)
player mentality wont help if only a small part of the population likes to pvp under the current conditions..

Some element of truth  in there but it's not complete, causes of small scale PVP are most to do with the population.

Game mechanics plays a big role too but, you forgot to mention a higher population will make resources and items much cheaper specially if we start using the market. Keeping a good economy going with at least 1000+ players will ensure market competition, and ultimately make PVP much cheaper. Though this is not going to happen with mostly commune corporations. Nobody is forcing anyone into PVP, once you jump into beta , you have agreed to a PVP environment.

Risk vs reward aspect has to stay balanced, no one will cry over a few lost bots, if there efforts have brought more rewards. Certainly this risk/reward element needs to be tested with more players as it seems that the current playerbase does not test the game mechanics much.

Celebro's body guard

Tux wrote:

I'm not the first nor will i be the last to say that until the game population is in the thousands solo pvp'ers will not be able to log on and go kill noobs (PVP on a platter) in 10 to 15 minutes which is what this post seems to be asking for.
well hhmmmm if small/ solo pvp was dead or broken then Balf would not be 2nd place of the current top Killers on the KB...
Its not easy.... but neither is defending a Gamma or beta if under attack.

Wrong again Tux
Defending a Gamma just don't undock, simple as that let it all go reinforced (which almost all buildings now do) and have it come out when you know you have a blob online..... Defending a Beta me and kanogi held KKO for a long time with just the 2 of us, Pitfiend held Heydle solo for a long time after me and kanogi left 62nd. Hunter holding multiple bases gamma and beta. Not easy?

Balf is an early access account that specialized in being sneaky and having high dps that and he is a great pvp'er that is why he is 2nd on the Killboards also having STC come to your island to fight you in a friendly PVP match doesn't hurt your K/D ratio either. I can tell you I was there on most of the fights as pure E-war which I spec'd to because I have Kanogi and Balf to hide behind. Those were good fights BTW. http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=249199 Since you want to turn this personal and drag it to Corp Chat. These ideas were all talking points me kanogi and Balf went over in the past few weeks about the direction of this game and small scale roaming. Seems more like you want Blob any way after you fled from 62nd because no one was in your timezone QQ and your corp <12> is working with CIR, Look now we have Rex, Gunner, Arc X, and Balf Pitfiend back seems you burned bridges before you were over them. Or maybe you want to come back and play with us? Bring back all the 62nd bots that went MIA the day you let Mkay.

A> Small gangs imo are 2-5 people in Mechs or smaller. 8-10 accounts if multiboxing. (fair fight? nothing is ever fair but equal numbers vs equal numbers would be great)
B> If I wanted to kill noobs I would go camp the telleports with a detector and an assault logged off. That is not a Good fight.
C> If I wanted to kill miners I would go scan for the ore and loggoffski with a mech on a spot and over watch with detector. LOL could do both B&C with 3 accounts smile
D> I know how to move in and out of places with out being spotted ask Ville "Ninja vanish" and he has 3 detectors looking for me and I still escaped.
E> If I wanted PVP on a platter I would just put a base up beside the NEBS one and Undock up cliff. LOL was great work Chaos. Had me LOLing looking at pics.

lolpuss wrote:

n easy counter like interference emiter scrambles the probes brains (for the ones people wall in and terraform in) and make masked standard teleport beacons.

Really how about the ones right on the teleport.... same as arkhe but better because you don't need 3 windows open!!!!!!
People don't want forced PVP then they shouldn't be on a PVP island

Got to take what you can these days. wink

24 (edited by Xadhoom 2012-09-21 20:38:02)

Khader Khan wrote:
Tux wrote:

Its not easy.... but neither is defending a Gamma or beta if under attack.

Wrong again Tux
Defending a Gamma just don't undock, simple as that let it all go reinforced (which almost all buildings now do) and have it come out when you know you have a blob online..... Defending a Beta me and kanogi held KKO for a long time with just the 2 of us, Pitfiend held Heydle solo for a long time after me and kanogi left 62nd. Hunter holding multiple bases gamma and beta. Not easy?

FYI option E didn't work out so good.

Balf is an early access account that specialized in being sneaky and having high dps that and he is a great pvp'er that is why he is 2nd on the Killboards also having STC come to your island to fight you in a friendly PVP match doesn't hurt your K/D ratio either. I can tell you I was there on most of the fights as pure E-war which I spec'd to because I have Kanogi and Balf to hide behind. Those were good fights BTW. http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=249199 Since you want to turn this personal and drag it to Corp Chat. These ideas were all talking points me kanogi and Balf went over in the past few weeks about the direction of this game and small scale roaming. Seems more like you want Blob any way after you fled from 62nd because no one was in your timezone QQ and your corp <12> is working with CIR, Look now we have Rex, Gunner, Arc X, and Balf Pitfiend back seems you burned bridges before you were over them. Or maybe you want to come back and play with us? Bring back all the 62nd bots that went MIA the day you let Mkay.

A> Small gangs imo are 2-5 people in Mechs or smaller. 8-10 accounts if multiboxing. (fair fight? nothing is ever fair but equal numbers vs equal numbers would be great)
B> If I wanted to kill noobs I would go camp the telleports with a detector and an assault logged off. That is not a Good fight.
C> If I wanted to kill miners I would go scan for the ore and loggoffski with a mech on a spot and over watch with detector. LOL could do both B&C with 3 accounts smile
D> I know how to move in and out of places with out being spotted ask Ville "Ninja vanish" and he has 3 detectors looking for me and I still escaped.
E> If I wanted PVP on a platter I would just put a base up beside the NEBS one and Undock up cliff. LOL was great work Chaos. Had me LOLing looking at pics.

lolpuss wrote:

Really how about the ones right on the teleport.... same as arkhe but better because you don't need 3 windows open!!!!!!
People don't want forced PVP then they shouldn't be on a PVP island

Being on a gamma island isn't all about pvp....you get better production and resource you can't get  on beta's or alpha's, highest npc spawn...best artifacting as well.....so you can see the attraction isn't just about pvp to have a base on gamma.

oh by the way the siege with chaos was long hours and good experience, it was truly touch and go the whole time. We also learned from it as well, but over all what did we loss during the siege not much at all. The terminal tactic was interesting indeed and we will use it as well in the future.

FYI option E didn't work out so good, but it was still interesting.

I would also like to point out that NEBS have been attacked by almost every faction in the game since we took a beta outpost. Even by the friends we have today, and we are still here still playing and fighting. the only time we couldn't hold our lines is when the opposing force got so big to the point it was pointless to even undock, so you can see blobbing wins battles. Thats what we learned from our enemies, if you can't win with 10, bring 20, then 30, then 40, then 50 that the magic number I guess....

even though B.O.S hates us at the moment they can verify this since they were their fighting along side us.

lets get back on topic.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

@ Khader:
Nothing I mentioned was personal I am stating tactics that have and continue to be used.

You can only call “blob” when your outnumbered… in many occasions in which 12 was right alongside of CIR and Chaos attacking / "blobbing" others, don’t try to hide behind some “contract to kill”. 12 Blobs just as much as anyone else out there.

I logged in one day to see that the corp was mothballed, balf had assumed all assets and removed all roles, I lost a lot of hard work that day. When I talked to Balf after that incident I asked him to check the logs and he couldn’t tell because he deleted the hangers & the logs, do your homework.
In order to flee there must be something to flee from … when I left 62nd I was the only active person playing you and Kanogi had already jumped ship (around the same time those bots went missing) I don’t play this game to be a hermit so there was no point in being in a one man corp. Just as you & Kanogi left there’s other opportunities other than holding on old names. 

~Bridges burned? I don’t have any personal issues with anyone you mentioned, seems like you are the only one >hurt<

~ Also I’m perfectly happy in my new home. But really you guys should drop the 12/WAR names and get back under the 62 flag 8).

/on topic: If you are attacking someone expect they will pull whatever recourses that they have at their disposal to kill you so you won’t come back (this is the nature of defense). Do not be so naïve as to think if you come on someone’s island they will only respond with 1 or 2 bots, or even the same size bots.

From your points stated it sounds like you know how to pvp and get kills.

~ The only time you will be able to fight on a even playing field is in tournaments.

~ Seems as if you are just asking for prearranged small gangs to fight. We have afforded 12 that opportunity several times. We even gave the time we would be there.

~ There’s nothing broken with PVP, STC and Nebs roam in small gangs a lot and gets kills. We don’t do it in 15 minutes but we still do it.

~ The only reason 12 and 62nd (which I still have no animosity towards) kept their outposts as long as they have is because no one was interested in them.

~ If you don’t undock and defend your Gamma you will lose it guaranteed. As for beta sure you can just hide in terminal till the attacker stops alarm clocking and return its stability. I could hold 100 outposts solo if no one was actively trying to take them. I haven’t seen a single (serious) Campaign yet to take some ones gamma base which would consist of attacking it for several weeks constantly. Gammas don’t fall in one day or one weekend warrior attempt.