Re: Terraforming with buildings

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

you both did wrong. simple as that.

That is something that doesn't fly in this environment. If something is possible using the tools provided, people will always take it to it's maximum, whether intended or not (as they should). But there's a clear distinction here; terraforming without use of the terraforming tools. It's an obvious exploit.

That is to say, I agree with CHAOS' method and the way developers are handling this. Terraforming 90° slopes are a design flaw, best left to die under slope limiting code.

You tell me we are kids painting on our parent's wall? This is war, my tree-hugging friend.

Doek wrote:

You tell me we are kids painting on our parent's wall? This is war, my tree-hugging friend.

there you are wrong. this is a game. try lybia or one of the other hundret hotspots in this world if you want to play at war roll

53 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-09-13 13:25:39)

Zortarg Calltar wrote:
Doek wrote:

there you are wrong. this is a game. try lybia or one of the other hundret hotspots in this world if you want to play at war roll

^^ very true. a game is ment to be fun & a way to chill out & relax. a balance has to be struck smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Although I don't agree with the tactics that Chaos use to drop the walls and get agents inside the base, I will say the fights with them were some of the best and most nerve wracking I've had.

I dont like the tactics because they do go against common sense, a manual terraformer wont work if the slope is too great and a beacon terraformer wont work if other objects are too close, .... why should a building be able to circumvent these laws ...

I actually have less issue with the terminal undocking/docking mechanic ... simply because it was a creative idea.  However, my distance to a target is affected by height, and by this game law so should the random deploy distance from a terminal ... if its 120 m, you should not be able to land on a platform thats 500 m above your head ...

That said ... there were some basic weaknesses in the base that Chaos targeted ...and for this reason the Devs should not rush to change game mechanics without proper thought ..... CiR wasnt the happiest that we were able to roll thru their first temporary base and destroy everything and reinforce the main buildings ... the end result was now only 2 structures can be outright destroyed and the rest require a minimum of 2 trips ... all because of bad base design and not a faulty game mechanic.  If you the Devs do make changes, and some are needed here, please understand the cause and effect when you do it.

My simple suggestion is to take the same game mechanics that measure distance to a target apply to terminal deployment
And use the same mechanics that decide if a slope is too steep and apply that to the building smoothing process, dont eliminate the process entirely, try and modify it to make it work.