Re: Bridging the new player gap (brainstorming session)

if you want new players then you need to stop losing the ones you are getting

Single player content is terribad

Patch after patch makes casual play untenable

The intrusion change took away the only thing that made intrusions great - big baddass fights - and replaced them with the very thing that made them suck - never ending 24 hour necessity to defend.

to name just a few

the thing i still fail to understand, is,
how they can interprete all the whining about the kickstarter editions extras, to add a general 20k EP bonus on subscribing.

1. the kickstarter edition lost value (giving 20k ep bonus at same price as regular sub). depending on the contract with amazon, that could have had legal issues following...

2. adding a 20k EP booster, that can only be used once per account, to the gamestore, would have been an option that would have given all player the choice to also get that bonus, and also granted another source of additional income.
noone can call you more greedy for that, when the game needs you to pay for two subs anyway to "enjoy" it....

3. i doubt that the "new player experience" got better with it....

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

AnniXa wrote:

Also this item could be make Tradeable, high lvl players will pay alot for it, so it opens a way to transfer alot NIC from the Veterans to the new Players also, and new players can decide if they want to use them or sell them.
in this case it should only be tradeable if a player is not on trial anymore, to prevent veterans from making alot of trial accounts for farming of this item.

Thats what i would try to do.

I like this idea.

Maybe give everyone access to the amount of EP they would have had since the date their account was created, regardless of them subscribing or not by having them pay for the missing months. I know that would encourage those people to come back and play and not be discouraged by the missing months of EP. I really don't understand the community of this game saying saying no and even being upset about the second EP idea from the OP. Would they rather be great among very few or very good among many? Also if anyone has played EVE this game takes no time at all to learn. I picked it up very quick and then was left waiting on EP to go up on its own. Something has to give here...

So I have subbed, basically when the server was live, and now we want to give everyone on the server that same opportunity.  Tell me, why should I have wasted my time in subbing all this time, put all of my time and effort into growing the game, when some noob can come along and just get handed all of the EP I currently have.

This is getting a bit ridiculous, tell me, did not Merkle start in the same EP that all of the newer players are now?  That good old 20K EP went FAST when in the good old days you had to get Nav 10 just to PVP. 

Also now I have people telling me that in a matter of three days or so you can get into a Riv.  WTF is that, THREE DAYS?  It takes three days to get into one of the most powerful indy bots of the game?  And now we want more of that crap?

I'm sorry take a step back here, if someone comes into the game and says "well I would stay if only I could be into a Mk2 Riv or a Mk2 Mesmer but as the DEV's wont let me just buy my way to the top, I'm just going to quit now."

That person never had any intentions of ever really playing the game in the first places, all the want is *** given to them.  Personally, I don't want those types of people in the game, I want them as far away as possible.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

So I have subbed, basically when the server was live, and now we want to give everyone on the server that same opportunity.  Tell me, why should I have wasted my time in subbing all this time, put all of my time and effort into growing the game, when some noob can come along and just get handed all of the EP I currently have.

This is getting a bit ridiculous, tell me, did not Merkle start in the same EP that all of the newer players are now?  That good old 20K EP went FAST when in the good old days you had to get Nav 10 just to PVP. 

Also now I have people telling me that in a matter of three days or so you can get into a Riv.  WTF is that, THREE DAYS?  It takes three days to get into one of the most powerful indy bots of the game?  And now we want more of that crap?

I'm sorry take a step back here, if someone comes into the game and says "well I would stay if only I could be into a Mk2 Riv or a Mk2 Mesmer but as the DEV's wont let me just buy my way to the top, I'm just going to quit now."

That person never had any intentions of ever really playing the game in the first places, all the want is *** given to them.  Personally, I don't want those types of people in the game, I want them as far away as possible.

+1 The ever ending requests for the typical player type that thinks, we should all have the same ability from day 1. They can't get the fact that we can all fill a role no matter how new.

RIP PERPETUUM

Merkle wrote:

This is getting a bit ridiculous...

I wouldn't worry about it. I think this issue is closed. The Devs seemed to make their decision weeks ago when they issued the 20K to all new subs and introduced ICE.

Perhaps the Devs can prove this issue is closed by closing this thread. Let the noob-spasms continue elsewhere.

Sparking to other games