Topic: Extra cycle after reloading missiles

• If I reload missiles when they're not firing, they run a long cycle (I'm assuming 10 seconds, but I didn't time it) flashing yellow and are then ready to fire.

• But if I reload them while they're still cycling after firing, they finish out their current cycle (flashing blue), run a long cycle flashing yellow, and then run another cycle flashing blue.

This is with light launchers on a Waspish, haven't tried it with mediums. I also haven't tried it with any other weapon types but I'm guessing this has something to do with the missile flight speed fix?

Re: Extra cycle after reloading missiles

I think it is a reload issue, not specific to missiles, i had the same thing happen with a geoscanner.

Had the same issue with missiles on the Tyrannos

had the same thing happen on my riviler, definitely a reload bug

afaik its doing that for a long time already, but i didn't care to pay attention to it on my Laser mech.

IMHO the whole blue blinking cooldown game mechanic is redundant...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

afaik its doing that for a long time already, but i didn't care to pay attention to it on my Laser mech.

Hm, I really don't remember it happening before. When I was mostly using a Tyrannos, I'm pretty sure I'd have noticed an extra 8-10 second post-reload dead cycle.

well, pre patch, you probably had the reload cycle starting before the missile even hit the target.

im just saying that i had the feeling that my lasers (instant hit) did extra cooldown cycles already weeks ago, last time i played. I just didnt care since the big magazines of lasers let me reload not that often, and not during combat....

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

I think its a new bug since the last patch, now it is happening on my harvester and it didnt do it before.

Industrial Junkie

it is a new bug it only started happening with the new patch

The extra cycle also kicks in when a launcher auto-reloads. So it looks like the only way to avoid it is to manually stop firing, wait for the last firing cycle to end, and THEN reload.

Noted, although my experience is a bit different.

After a reload cycle (manual or automatic) there is a normal solid blue cycle where ammo is consumed but nothing happens.

fixed

fix broke something again...

now you can instant-swap ammo with zero reload time

*sigh*

off you go back to the bugs topic, shoo.

15 (edited by xXPhantomFenix 2012-08-31 01:52:29)

Annihilator wrote:

fix broke something again...

now you can instant-swap ammo with zero reload timed

Comfirmed tongue

EDIT: Quoted wrong one

I dare to say it is fixed now.