Topic: Just came back

About 50 days since i last played.  Looks like whatever corp i was in is gone. Im clueless as to all the minute changes that have occurred but aware of the major ones (terraforming and hovercrafts right?)

I seem to have made shinjala as my main base...i hate that place, looking for a good non-pvp area to make my new base...whats good these days?

What are the good corps to try to join?  I hate commies if that helps.

Anything i should be aware about?

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

2 (edited by Razuki 2012-08-21 01:47:20)

Re: Just came back

Welcome back and yes, Nex is pretty much dead I believe. As I found myself in the same situation as you, and first thing to do is to know the significant changes.

Gamma Island
Player Owned Structures
Distress Beacons
Mission Tokens
Revamped teleport map
Industrial Changes
Terraforming
Dynamic Ore Spawn (No more static ones)
Other stuff..

Alliance/corp to check out:

STC
M2S
AIG Alliance (NRDS)
     -AIC
Etc etc

Im guessing your a blue (numiqol ) player, so base around hersh or any of the green islands unless theres a corp willing to accept you.

Edit: If you hate commies, then dont bother going near nova unless its for pew pew smile

3 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-08-21 01:57:37)

As a former NEX director i can confirm NEX is 99.99% dead.. RIP

but their are some good corps around the game mate smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Yeah i think it was NEX since i remember you being a corp manager or whatever.

Ive only had time to quickly hop in and see my EP stash ect so i havent looked to see whats going on and if theres any activity ect.

I remember corps being rather difficult to get into though...that still the case?

Im hoping the game isnt too void of life im stuck here for like 90 days on each account lol...

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

no hovercrafts... that single glider heavy paper-mech was introduced christmas last year, and its just a bot moving around without legs touching the ground visually.

Razuki forgot "rushed in highways on alpha1 islands" in his list.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

no hovercrafts... that single glider heavy paper-mech was introduced christmas last year, and its just a bot moving around without legs touching the ground visually.

Razuki forgot "rushed in highways on alpha1 islands" in his list.

Ah those, just came back last week so cant remember all the new changes at once. big_smile

Welcome back!

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Yeah its good to be back.

Oddly im most excited about the dynamic ore spawns, despite seeing a lot of negative feedback.  Its going to add exploring to my game plan as well as giving me further reason to keep my combat account near by.

A little disappointing to see the starter terminal, at least the green one being void of life though, was hoping all the new stuff added would bring more new players.  Still plenty of new stuff for me to work towards which is good.

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Yeah its good to be back.

same here .. the starter terminal was buzzing w new player very nice

http://www.emptywords.org/
Just another Fail F...

Ohai Kerry

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.