Topic: OpenGL > DirectX

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/13382 … on-windows
Interesting smile

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

Re: OpenGL > DirectX

nothing new, really.

DirectX started as "worse" grafic engine IMHO back when it was introduced - at least for me as fellow 3DFX card owner...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

3dfx... oh good old times... big_smile

I wonder if it comes down to API or OS.. Running games on Win XP and Win 7 is entirely different matter when looking at performance even thought the game is still using the same DirectX 9 API.

doesn't win7 have a different memory management system? Perpetuum is using tons of RAM - and i guess if your switching from 32bit XP 3GB switch to a win7 64bit, the performance increase should be visible

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I actually recently switched my E8400, 560 Ti, 3GB DDR2 800Mhz system from XP 32bit to W7 32bit and the difference in gaming power is HUGE. It sounds a lot like the computer doesn't have enought memory but when looking at system monitor, nothing is bottlenecking the system, games just run noticably slower on 7 then on XP fuuu .. if someone can explain, would like to hear it.