1 (edited by Dan 2012-07-09 00:06:14)

Topic: Advanced deployment

I would like to suggest a little change when it comes to deployment of various things such as beacons, containers and other crap you drop (and later on scream like a mofo that it's wrong item or it's in a wrong place).

Add option to drop the thing (you want to deploy) and then use it (like distress beacons) if you want to deploy/activate it.
"Dan, are you *** high!? That's nothing new!"
Well new thing would be an option to take this thing back to your cargo if you feel like it, but only, before you deploy/activate it.

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

Re: Advanced deployment

Unnecessarily extra work.

Can't you imagine how often I'd forget to activate a teleport beacon?! Think about the kids.

Can't you imagine how many beacons I've lost because I dropped one which needed 3 ppl to activate?

Well, it's usually written in the info for players, you know, to read.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

I am sorry Line, we will remember by heart which of the 24 beacons are which, or read every and each one. It's not like this could be helpful?

The same with dropping tp beacons, I had at least once that I dropped the wrong one, an interzone instead of a standard one.

+1 from me

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Well, sort of want. It's always good to be able to decline something, I just wonder why ppl doesn't pay attention.

Then, what kind of deployable stuff do you want to be decline-able? Says, if it's

Beacons - yes, probably.
Teleports - well only if charge timer isn't lower than some value - says, 30 seconds after deployment should be enough to realise that it's wrong one.

The rest deployable stuff - isn't really necessary. At the end, it's a sandbox - we shouldn't stop ppl making errors - that's not polite.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

distress beacons got clear icons to differ:

- one bar = one agent
- two bars = two agents (for smalls) three agents mor mediums
the missing factor is neither the icon nor the description telling you which ones are spawning medium or small robots. you have to memorize the names...

teleporter could really need different icons! (and perhaps different GFX when deployed)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Beacons are an example, it's about all deployable stuff in the game. Sure it'll take a couple more sec to deploy/activate it, but it helps you out fixing mistakes you can make

Line wrote:

Well, it's usually written in the info for players, you know, to read.

Actually, quite a bit of in-game documentation is incomplete, inaccurate, or both. 

-1 to the change though, it takes long enough to do *** without having to spend yet another 15 seconds per beacon activating it adding even more travel time.  As for npc farming beacons, just let them be picked back up if there aren't enough people around to activate them.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Annihilator wrote:

distress beacons got clear icons to differ:

- one bar = one agent
the missing factor is neither the icon nor the description telling you which ones are spawning medium or small robots. you have to memorize the names...

teleporter could really need different icons! (and perhaps different GFX when deployed)

Speak and spell says "Wrong try again!"

Star beacons aren't striped by your pattern a 2 stripe star needs 3 agents.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

11 (edited by Arjha Shanoo 2012-07-09 15:37:07)

Lobo wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Speak and spell says "Wrong try again!"

Star beacons aren't striped by your pattern a 2 stripe star needs 3 agents.

For mediums you need three agents if they have two stripes - thats what he said, isn't it?
Or did you mean it doesnt matter at all whether small or medium for star-ones? (sry am not a beacon runner)

Back to the topic:
It should be enough and would be nice if you could see faster which teleport beacon you have in cargo by marking their icons similar to distress beacons. It's the same for every multiranging item that has the same icon in general that you first decipher its kind by its looks (like ammo's colours, equip's tiers, ...).
But if the mechanics of deployable items change (sry for being negative here), I already can see the next bug coming that even after activation that item could be picked up again

btw, i agree that all deployable items should be pick-able too

they did it with Terraforming beacons, so i wonder why we cannot have that with:

- Distress beacons, not activated
- Teleport beacons, not avtivated (well, they dont have an activation mechanic yet...)
- Proximity Probes
- Wall repair probes
- Building Foundations, not unpacked (the most obvious ones that need a pickup-mechanic)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear