1 (edited by Crepitus 2012-07-03 15:17:42)

Topic: POLL: What is the best location for a Market Hub?

The best location for a market hub is ... (click to vote)

Tellesis
Hershfield
Shinjalar
One of the original Alpha islands not listed here
One of the Beta or Gamma islands not listed here

POLL RESULTS (see the results without casting a vote)

NOTE: Originally this had a bunch of  tags for the graphics but they're not supported by the forum.

7/3 - EDIT - I'm going to leave this up for a few more days and try to get all the votes we can but right now 80% of the vote is split between Hershfield and Tellesis with Hershfield having just under 47% (15) of the vote still with 32 votes total and the percentages seem to be holding even with a third more votes than when I looked yesterday.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Re: POLL: What is the best location for a Market Hub?

Hersh.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Hersh

Hashfield.

I have to say the popularity of Hersh thus far is something I don't understand.  It has the absolute worst layout of anything imo.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

ics alpha

Tellesis

Her sh field.

Attalica, ICS-A

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

I believe both Shin and Tellesis are good bets. It really comes down to who manages to feed the market more. Shin has AIC doing the deeds but it could very well shift to Hersh from what I can see. big_smile

11 (edited by Crepitus 2012-07-02 23:00:09)

Burial wrote:

I believe both Shin and Tellesis are good bets. It really comes down to who manages to feed the market more. Shin has AIC doing the deeds but it could very well shift to Hersh from what I can see. big_smile

Actually, I was kind of hoping that seeing where most people are already, people would consolidate.  So far Hersh is winning with 47% of the vote and Tell is in 2nd with 26% with 19 total votes.

Population graphs

12 (edited by Burial 2012-07-02 23:16:58)

I don't mind using Hersh for my sales. Ive been using Shin for the time I've lived on Hokk but if you guys were to move some of your sales to Hersh from Tellesis, and I/we were to move some stuff to Herhs, we both would win. Very surprising that Hersh is actually winning and not Tellesis or Shin. big_smile

i would take an alpha 1 island, since they got the most highways and also outposts to outsource

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

14 (edited by Goffer 2012-07-03 07:51:31)

There is no need for having one single hub. It will come out, that you sell ammo, T1 equip and small/assault bots in larger numbers on the old alpha islands, while HM & T4 Equip will have better sales at Tellesis and Hershfield. ATM Telessis is bad trade hub, as there are not too many different small corps living around there and you can't get rich trying to sell stuff to CIR.
But this is just valid at this moment and might change quite fast.
Market means a place where good producers live and seed market and where there are enough players with market demand. As soon as 2-3 small corps found a new alliance with one internal producer to support alliance need,  market on this point drops significant. While market will grow as on a point as soon as 10-20 new player with demand for better stuff move in that location from old alpha island as next step in char development.

Goffer wrote:

There is no need for having one single hub. It will come out, that you sell ammo, T1 equip and small/assault bots in larger numbers on the old alpha islands, while HM & T4 Equip will have better sales at Tellesis and Hershfield. ATM Telessis is bad trade hub, as there are not too many different small corps living around there and you can't get rich trying to sell stuff to CIR.
But this is just valid at this moment and might change quite fast.
Market means a place where good producers live and seed market and where there are enough players with market demand. As soon as 2-3 small corps found a new alliance with one internal producer to support alliance need,  market on this point drops significant. While market will grow as on a point as soon as 10-20 new player with demand for better stuff move in that location from old alpha island as next step in char development.

The market will grow with population that doesn't exist, hence the attempt at consolidating the people who are actually trying to put *** on the market so that at least one station has a viable one.

Population graphs

Such hub should be easily accessable for newbies buyers and sellers, and yes, with current population we really need all the stuff be selling in one place.

Line wrote:

Such hub should be easily accessable for newbies buyers and sellers, and yes, with current population we really need all the stuff be selling in one place.

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Based on the numbers, it seems to me that it's up to the people of Shinjalar what happens.  If the Shinjalar voters/producers move to Tellesis then we have basically an even split (at least vote wise it would be 46% and 47% respectively) with a market in the north half of the map and a market in the south half.

If the Shinjalarese decide to go to Hershfield then there is no reason for the Tellesis producers to stay and they should also move to Hershfield and have one big market.

So it seems to me that it's up to you Shinjalar. What's it gonna be?

Population graphs

Tellesis to Hersh imo.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

With such votes distribution Hersh seems better.

Wherever station I live in at the time!  tongue

Lonwolf
NSE
"What we do in life, echoes into eternity!" --Gladiator