Topic: A good idea..

There should more info out there about what the future brings for this game. Something like a devs' corner or w/e.

Sometimes in games like this the anticipation of what is coming keeps people playing. I also think it expands on the communication between devs&players which is always good.

I also think the guys who were in beta may have a better understanding of what is coming and those who are new to the game may not.

Re: A good idea..

Cons wrote:

There should more info out there about what the future brings for this game. Something like a devs' corner or w/e.

Sometimes in games like this the anticipation of what is coming keeps people playing. I also think it expands on the communication between devs&players which is always good.

I also think the guys who were in beta may have a better understanding of what is coming and those who are new to the game may not.

That s a good idea.
I would love to know what the Devs have planned for future Updates.

i think thats what it going to take to get people to sub past the one month period because ive already gotten to the point where im grinding to make money, but i don't know what I'm doing it for.

First off, the game literally just started. Let the devs get everything squared away first, and then let them plan on new/different things. This game is already light years ahead of even the largest MMO's in terms of being well thought out and balanced and whatnot. Granted, it's got some rough edges, but I'm certain that if the fact that they've implemented several fixes and intelligent changes almost immediately isn't enough to prove to people it's a great company and a great game, then nothing will.

Also, @ Soldur you might try finding a corp that has some goals. This is a sandbox game, so no goals = head banging into a wall. It's not WoW where your goal is to mission till you're glowing and purple and then start over again. I think if you find yourself a place where you're actually working towards a greater goal with a bunch of people you like you'll see the shine in this game a lot more.

Contact me in game via e-mail or PM for -CS- recruitment information.

L1fe3looD wrote:

First off, the game literally just started. Let the devs get everything squared away first, and then let them plan on new/different things. This game is already light years ahead of even the largest MMO's in terms of being well thought out and balanced and whatnot. Granted, it's got some rough edges, but I'm certain that if the fact that they've implemented several fixes and intelligent changes almost immediately isn't enough to prove to people it's a great company and a great game, then nothing will.

Also, @ Soldur you might try finding a corp that has some goals. This is a sandbox game, so no goals = head banging into a wall. It's not WoW where your goal is to mission till you're glowing and purple and then start over again. I think if you find yourself a place where you're actually working towards a greater goal with a bunch of people you like you'll see the shine in this game a lot more.

Definitely have to agree with this post.  The game was literally just released and it is far more polished than several of the larger games out there in the market at the moment.  Also as stated above, for a game like this it is extremely beneficial to have some goals which you want to work toward.

Soldur wrote:

i think thats what it going to take to get people to sub past the one month period because ive already gotten to the point where im grinding to make money, but i don't know what I'm doing it for.

As a (very) new player, what would be "typical" goals for a corp or alliance?

Pesky Larue wrote:
Soldur wrote:

World domination?

my goal is getting a sweet mech, and then go pvping in my arkhe:P

Pesky Larue wrote:
Soldur wrote:

Awesome - I didn't know that was possible - forgive my ignorance, I'm still figuring out the scope of the game.

This is a great idea. Even though the game is new I think we would all be curious to see what the devs envision is in the slightly longer term.

11 (edited by Testosterowned 2010-12-04 00:41:35)

L1fe3looD wrote:

I think one of the major flaws with a sandbox is they rest on that notion that content should be mostly user created. This shouldn't be used as an excuse to have piss-poor features or a noticable lack of features period (and no I'm not speaking about Perpetuum that I know of, since I've not nearly played long enough to be able to make such an assertion).

Sandboxes have the unique ability to facilitate and support user imagined features or substance, but they rarely do. Please look at Darkfalls use of 'fun hulks' and flags. These are items that cannot be used for pvp or pve (to get the full idea you'd have to read about them) and are used solely for groups of players to create their own games. The implementation of these examples was... not received well by the community at first (why'd you have to name them 'Fun Hulks', Aventurine?), however there's a LOT of unexplored territory there.

TL;DR: I hope dev's plan on throwing more toys to play with to seperate themselves from the cloud. Community events are a good place to start, then add repeatable content asap for players to use with their own imagination.

EDIT: Severe over-use of the word feature. Its been a long week. Please substitute feature with: content, substance, toys, or lawlfunhulks where applicable.

I know the devs are working hard and kudos to them. However I agree a locked blog or topic area giving us teasers of what future stuff they are working on would be great

Cons wrote:

Yes nice idea, a dev specific thread topic would be great.