Topic: Please modify tutorial assignemnet III

ATM Tutorial assiignemnet III asks to scan for Titan and mine some. This assignment is actually a hard task, if the nearest titan spot is guarded by NPCs.

A more experienced player just jumps though the nearest TP and start scanning there, but I guess most beginner think about how to reach that mineral spot which will render maybe impossible and therefore lead to frustration.

As there is no easy solution without reverting the mechanic of ore distribution I suggest to change Tutorial assignment III in a way that you do not mine an actual needed ore, but some solibdid or similar which can be placed near terminal in large amount without imbalancing game.

Re: Please modify tutorial assignemnet III

+1 many new players have been asking for advice regarding this.

RIP PERPETUUM

+1 for changing it

Though I would rather tell them to take the teleport to scan somewhere else than changing titan ore to solibdit - everytime again the question arises which charges are needed here (even so it is written in the description...) and this question should not be necessary anymore with other assignments - they should already know it by then.
Tutorial assignments is for me the practical application and extension to real ingame mechanics of the basics learned before in tutorial.

+1 seen way to many questions from new peeps about this mission

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

+1 this is hurting new player experience and needs to be fixed

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

6 (edited by The Kaerian 2012-06-25 07:38:18)

+1 in ICS Alpha the titan field is very next to a spawn. I helped 2 newbies by guarding the spawn site while they mined, they would have been killed otherwise.

Also seen countless questions regarding this in help channel.

We're searching for a solution.

Just adding 2 Cents as a Noob. The first 2 tutorial missions were fairly straight forward, no issues, once I read what I actually needed to do. The third stumped me for literally hours, due to the scanning mechanic not being abundantly clear.

In the tutorial, it asks you to do an area scan, look at the percentage, then go drill there after a tile based search once you found a decent percentage (it goes into great detail about this, when in fact it is no longer relevant mechanic).

I didn't end up with NPC issues, my real issue was not understanding (due to lack of clear instructions or searchable answers) that I needed to area scan, follow the arrows until I found an X, and then tile search there.

Asking in chat Help room, I received great support from 2 players (Michael and another account) that explained the correct mechanic. Once I had that help, I was able to complete the mission, and have since started the grind of trying to get enough credits to be able to afford a better mining bot, to then try and grind enough credits to do what I really want to do, which is indy on one account and PVP on the other, with Indy paying for my PVP deaths (expected). Yeah, I'm a long time Eve Vet, and that made the most sense to me to be self-sufficient without being forced to join a corp from day 1 or just idle in general chat crying about the grind.... lol

(Michael and another account)

Arjha Shanoo - she's doing more in help then Caboose

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear