1 (edited by alkavan 2010-12-03 12:40:43)

Topic: [Feature] my advice of nice additions to the game

here's a list of some stuff i came up with while extracting ore.

• Market Ticker - just like a stock ticker, only for basic materials, so industry players will know what the demand for materials is and if it's on the raise, so it's worth mining it.

• Bonuses - so missions will be more interesting, a dynamic system that will reward players when doing cretin types of missions that no body else does. more like Chances for opportunity.

• Industry Log - just like combat log, would like to see how much material i get from mine each cycle.

• Programmable AI Robots - players with cretin skills will be able to use a Simple Programming In-Game Scripting Language (not C++ like, ya?) to program special bots to do all kinds of jobs automatically - i know this may sound useless, because players then won't play, AI will do stuff for them, but if you implement this the right way, with penalties this may work =]

btw. i may have been a bit high while thinking of this things!

Re: [Feature] my advice of nice additions to the game

I like the idea of a Market Ticker, but I also don't like the idea. It'll make it easier for everybody to see where to make profit, but that makes it tougher for people specializing in Finance.

I love the idea of Bonuses, but not just for certain missions. I'd like to see a bonus for missions I haven't done, or haven't done in a while. It should encourage people to branch out and try more missions, instead of the same 3 they do all the time.

More variety = less boredom = more happy player = profit

FYI, asking for Programmable AI robots is like saying "I plan on using a NIC farming mod when I'm afk."

yeah don't make it too easy. What makes a game fun is that you have to research whats profitable or not. If you already know everything because someone told you then fun of researching the market - is gone.

I'd say ok the first 3, but the 4th suggestion..

5 (edited by Nipa 2010-12-03 22:30:55)

Programmable AI Robots - players with cretin skills will be able to use a Simple Programming In-Game Scripting Language (not C++ like, ya?) to program special bots to do all kinds of jobs automatically - i know this may sound useless, because players then won't play, AI will do stuff for them, but if you implement this the right way, with penalties this may work =]

Useless? This would change a big part of the game: all those semi-afk activities, such as mining, farming low level bots or chain-transport missions which are a non-negligible of the game economy. This would radically differentiate the gameplay from Eve, but would also make multi-account exponentially more powerful.

I would love this.

But, of course, the multi account issues kill the very idea, I guess.

6 (edited by DevilSlayerX 2010-12-03 22:34:19)

Nipa wrote:

Programmable AI Robots - players with cretin skills will be able to use a Simple Programming In-Game Scripting Language (not C++ like, ya?) to program special bots to do all kinds of jobs automatically - i know this may sound useless, because players then won't play, AI will do stuff for them, but if you implement this the right way, with penalties this may work =]

Useless? This would change a big part of the game: all those semi-afk activities, such as mining, farming low level bots or chain-transport missions which are a non-negligible of the game economy. This would radically differentiate the gameplay from Eve, but would also make multi-account exponentially more powerful.

I would love this.

But, of course, the multi account issues kill the very idea, I guess.

Yay make multiboxing even more powerfull, like those guys who multibox don't have a huge increase in capabilities/income over the rest... Saw guy mining with 6 alts... Must be trillionair by now.

What about a small robot with like a 1u cargospace which you can program to go back to base, deposit its cargo, or take something from your inventory and transport it to you? ( mining charges, ammo or send some kernals back to base ). Ofcourse on a beta island it can get destroyed smile

Or mayby some automated geoscanning smile

"The road to hell is paved with automation opportunities."

To say that a person has an advantage because he multiboxes is in my mind no reason not to do something...

If someone wants to fork over the cash to run multiple accounts, then so be it.. it's their money, and their right..  You on the other hand don't get to call foul because they are doing so..

You have the same opportunity to multibox that everyone else does and choose not to..

I have always liked the AI in a game thing..  But you want to intentionally give the AI limits..  For example, you can only input x number of commands per skill level.. or it only can execute one command per minute.. or can only hold so much cargo.. etc..

Mining probably should be more dangerous.. Right now the alpha islands are completely safe with regards to mining.. That would be fine if you could only get 3 or 4 main resources, but as it stands you can get all but one.. feh..

If you make the AI thing 100% programmable such that it's indistinguishable from a real person, then you've turned the game into "Automation Online" and everyone will be doing that, instead of playing..  That degrades the game play and puts a great deal of stress on the servers..

I like the AI thing, but it'd be tough to do..

Palamedes wrote:

To say that a person has an advantage because he multiboxes is in my mind no reason not to do something...

If someone wants to fork over the cash to run multiple accounts, then so be it.. it's their money, and their right..  You on the other hand don't get to call foul because they are doing so..

You have the same opportunity to multibox that everyone else does and choose not to..

I have always liked the AI in a game thing..  But you want to intentionally give the AI limits..  For example, you can only input x number of commands per skill level.. or it only can execute one command per minute.. or can only hold so much cargo.. etc..

Mining probably should be more dangerous.. Right now the alpha islands are completely safe with regards to mining.. That would be fine if you could only get 3 or 4 main resources, but as it stands you can get all but one.. feh..

If you make the AI thing 100% programmable such that it's indistinguishable from a real person, then you've turned the game into "Automation Online" and everyone will be doing that, instead of playing..  That degrades the game play and puts a great deal of stress on the servers..

I like the AI thing, but it'd be tough to do..

That's like making a micro shop, with an item which increases ep gain rate by 500% for 10 bucks, people who don't want to put 10 bucks in this game are just left out. I can only afford 2 accounts a month, there are people who can afford 10 and they gain an HUGE increase over everyone else, that's why 90% of all games don't allow multiple accounts.

Name ONE game that actively prevents multiple accounts..

you wrote "game",
so i say - Browser games. Anything that comes from "Gameforge"

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

The context here is clearly MMO's.. so for any of our more pedantic readers, I will amend my statement to say.. Name one MMO that actively prevents multiple accounts..