Topic: CT degradation and the CT gamma mash up

Update news wrote:

Production lines in the factory will now degrade linearly, and they will be cleared when they reach 0. Degradation is 0.3 points per cycle for ammunition and charges, 1 for modules, 3 for robots, 5 for most of the MPC buildings, 10 for reactors and 20 for main terminals and facilities.

I did some testing of the CT combination facility on the test server, and the compression ratio as expected is not 1:1.

Will it ever be worth using the combination facility?

For modules, no, it won't. If you combine a 10 pt CT with a 50 pt, at best you'll get a 58 pt. So, in the combination you actually LOSE (2) cycles. With resonable skills, the cost of making another CT is greater then the material savings you'll get from 8 pts; same for ammo.

For robots, its possible to end on say, 1 or 2 pts. In this case, the CT itself has no value, but you'll need to combine at least (3) Ct's together to get something worthwhile.

As the modulus gets bigger, combining probably makes more sense, but this really means that the CT combination factilty is usefull as Gamma ONLY tool.

Re: CT degradation and the CT gamma mash up

Update news wrote:

Production lines in the factory will now degrade linearly, and they will be cleared when they reach 0. Degradation is 0.3 points per cycle for ammunition and charges, 1 for modules, 3 for robots, 5 for most of the MPC buildings, 10 for reactors and 20 for main terminals and facilities.

This is good news indeed BUT if we are going to have a 0.3 degradation can we please display CT points to 1 decimal point. 

Arga wrote:

Will it ever be worth using the combination facility?

As it stands it is a huge investment for very little pay-back. Same applies to decoder combination. Don't wish to de-rail the thread so early but (and it has been said recently before) decoders need to have a graeter effect on CT points now.

Or being able to combine decoders to above level 10

this seems handy for CTs which are past their prime like 10 ~30 point CTs that would normally be trashed.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

this seems handy for CTs which are past their prime like 10 ~30 point CTs that would normally be trashed.

well, looks like you guys'll be first to do it, do let us know.

(congrats, btw)

More to stay tuned for.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.