Topic: Noralgis needed in T3-4 after patch

Had a discussion with my other corp producers and some friends in other corps and these are the main points we came up with.

• Production of T3/4 is only made possible with a large plantation of Noralgis.

• Large plantations are easily found and burned by enemy or on alpha harvested to 0 and killed by enemy.

• Production of Larger robots had their noralgis needs increased

• Noralgis got nerfed by last patch from 160 per cycle down to 100 per cycle delta while good the fluff factor is gone and you can fit tons in your cargo its still a nerf

• Noralgis seem to grow slower than all the other wild plants tho are needed in more items

While I agree T-3/4 should be more expensive than T-1/2 the amount of Noralgis need in these items imo is very high. That combined with the nerf noralgis took with the patch is making it very hard on smaller corps to produce tiered items/bots. One Lithus takes around 40U of noralgis? really!

My opinion on ways to offset this.
Relook Noralgis in all items with the fact that noralgis has to be player planeted I don't understand how the Nian robots have t4 fit unless they have been ninjaing my nor plants.
Possibly have Noralgis be seeded in the wild not near as abundant as other plants but have some random plants pop up in areas.
Make Noralgis grow very rapidly and increase the cap to 200 on full growns.

Other indy produces and harvesters weigh in on this and keep the I killed your taters posts in CD please.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Re: Noralgis needed in T3-4 after patch

Make it common plant like others but beta/gamma only.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Noralgis price will drop drastically once people are living safely on gamma. I wouldn't change anything yet, let's wait and see where this boat is sailing. yarr

Wasn't there a decrease in incubators prices? Like 1/3? I remember that with old prices it was something like a 2-3 small harvests from a plant to pay off the investment.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Heavy mech needs approximately 500k of noralgis. Incubators was fallen in price from 750k to 250k. I think, the only one inconvenience we have: a bit long harvesting, what could be adjusted a bit. But overall, changes are good imo.

x Burial

Gamma safe?
Right now players are scared to lost bot and you think on gamma will be easy where players have to take care also at their terminal?

Gamma Frontier has been released too early with too many things still to be fixed (leaving normal bug) i am thinking of balance of industrial mechanism for example.
Problem isn't the cost of noralgis/incubator of nora. but the insane amount of minerals you need to build stuff.
One Lithus takes around 40U of noralgis.

If we want to pvp or do beta stuff in real bot and not in arke (look killboard) we need woodlands of noralgis and be able to harvest all of them that's the real problem.

Now i can't undestand the direction, devs want to give to the game, but if they don't want to fix amount of briochit just make noralgis a normal plant on beta/gamma.

Someone can say it's too early to talk about price in my opinon the only price will drop down it's just ore/plant introduced with gamma frontier when big corp will have huge amount of them in corp storage.
About epi now with random spot you can no more use wall to mine safe.
With price of stuff on market buy a kain with t4 fit it needs 42.9 milion, very nice see a lwf 3.6 milion.

I heard that a new advertising campaign will start soon and maybe that's explain the hurry of devs to release the new expansion,
my pray for devs,
try to be ready with your game when new players will came.

i am really curious to know What is the thinking of  big industrial player in game,
for me it's hard now be self-sufficent of course if i don't want to play in arke after more than 1 year i had played perp.

7 (edited by Spitzinsparkin 2012-06-13 14:53:57)

Edit.

Agree with corp well will run dry.

Its simple math even with good indy skills unless you can "hide" a noralgis plantation of around 50-100 plants you will not keep up with production of even a small corp like < 12 > if my members want a lithus or rivler mk2 omg they better plant their own plantation.

Now imagine a large corp that has good defences set has 200+ plants they keep the indy fire burning. 2 people come in the off time and kill all the plants their indy must stop or slow until all the plants get to 2nd or 3rd stage because at first stage they wont make much off of them and by the time they planted them someone will just kill or ninja them again. Before patch noralgis was very much balanced now its just sad.

When were all using lights and assaults with t2 don't blame me.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Change: Increased the harvesting yield per cycle for all plants.

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2012-06-13/

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Sundial wrote:

Change: Increased the harvesting yield per cycle for all plants.

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2012-06-13/

Quoting my corpmate (since I don't really know *** about industry, except eating kernels):
"that helped a bit but basically it didn't change anything"

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

It helps but basically change nothing.
To build something still the amount of noralgis is absurd, price of stuff can't drop more.
With noralgis frontier it's a problem to buy and build stuff.
Let's see what will happen after player conference with devs

Pre Patch T4 LWF were 900K.... Post patch, well you can look on the market ^^

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Why do I have to pay more for a T4 lwf then whole bot and fit? sad

Let it grow on gammas as the common plant, with no player interaction, really. That will increase gamma reward too.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

Let it grow on gammas as the common plant, with no player interaction, really. That will increase gamma reward too.

I like this but I don't like this.  I like this because I have an established foothold there.  I don't like this because I am almost certain that Syndic will make me harvest it everyday and Line suggested it.

Line wrote:

This is a good idea to throw into the mix re increased gamma rewards.

Line wrote:

Buffing noralgis on gamma is a good idea. The problem i can see is if people just go to gamma briefly to ninja noralgis as it grows there naturally, it doesn't add an incentive to live there. Maybe instead of growing by itself, noralgis should grow better on gamma. More cycles, faster regrowth rate, % chance to spread and create new plant nearby.

Gemara wrote:
Line wrote:

Buffing noralgis on gamma is a good idea. The problem i can see is if people just go to gamma briefly to ninja noralgis as it grows there naturally, it doesn't add an incentive to live there. Maybe instead of growing by itself, noralgis should grow better on gamma. More cycles, faster regrowth rate, % chance to spread and create new plant nearby.

Adds to possible pvp though.