Topic: coming back to Perpetuum ...

... after 8 months and regretting it within 1 hour.

The following is NOT for fanboys:

- What happened to all NPCs on Alpha islands? Did the Nians ran away and evacuated the planet?
- Crappy NPC spawns.
- MMO game without MM. It's even worse than 8 months back.
- Again empty market.
- The game feels totally empty, deserted, left behind.
- Wtf was changed with the teleporter network? Couldn't figure out exactly what is different now ... only that it's even more a pita to travel around (Alpha I hard to reach/leave).
- Entire corporations went away/closed their doors - friendlist is dead.
- Robot prices skyrocket. That's neither noob nor pvp friendly.
- Killed 2 Observers ... didn't get a single kernel.
- New graphics were introduced (or something like that) i heard ... the game is now unplayable on my aged notebook (of course this problem belongs on my side ... but still). How many players left the game because the graphic wasn't good enough for them? Only very few - if any.
- Market taxes are still there to prevent market activity. At least that's what the high taxes are suggesting.

I couldn't even bring myself to have a look for beta and/or the new gamma islands. And that's what i was mainly interested in.

/stops whining
/rage about wasted money and quits (again)

Ps: Greetings Lucius Marcellus (if you read this). Hope your business is going well;)

Re: coming back to Perpetuum ...

Lucius is doing very well and maybe 1 hour wasnt enough to get back into the game.....

OH NO PERPE IS DYING!

Not masochist enought for Perpetuum.

When i came back i first posted on the forum in the corporation section to get myself updated on who were still around etc. I also entertained some offers to join corps and tried to make good relations with everyone i talked to and eventually decided on joining with the guy/corp who explained a set of mind and style of play that sounded exactly like what i wanted to have.

And a few days into the game again i have had a blast the entire time. Yes,watching miners mine is a blast because we keep it fun on TS and sometimes i gotta mute that *** to catch my breath lol. tongue

Also ICS-Alpha is no longer the center of the market universe. On alpha if you want a market its on "Tellesis" thats where you will find stuff. But join a corp my friend, and you will find everything except maybe good NPC spawns im still having trouble finding a good nice fat yellow one as a green bot (that is in a place i would like to go).

My Nationality: Swedish

My favourite Quote: "You can never be too rich or too thin, or have too much foreskin"
Letters of urology

*reads OP about some QQing on market & NPCs ...*

Gosh i cants even be bothered trolling this.

Tho i will agree the NPC spawn removal was way to harsh & wasnt really needed, the devs on this kinda issue should have asked the player base what they thought & not just make "another" grand unrequested change.

I would agree, that a slight increase in number of npc spawns would be nice. For comparison it was too much on alpha before, I would like to see the number it was on "old" Novastrov - there was a few types of spawn, but not as cluttered and overfilled like alpha was.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

This reminds me of the scene in Crocadile Dundee, where he turns on the TV to a rerun of "I love Lucy" and says, "Yep, that's what I saw".

8 months, a dozen small patches, a major patch, and he couldn't even be bothered to check out the new stuff. This game obviously isn't for everyone, so nothing on you for not wanting to play, and your post is actually helpful in the aspect that it highlights that returning players that are expecting this to be a completely different game, need to actually experience the things that make it different from 8 months ago.

Here's a couple hints for you:

Error wrote:

Again empty market.

Sadly, market has been recently reset due to new patch, which partially explain the emptyness, and the rare people still alive seems to enjoy running around to buy couple of overpriced modules. We'll need some change on this, I proposed a couple in the balancing section.

Error wrote:

- Wtf was changed with the teleporter network? Couldn't figure out exactly what is different now ... only that it's even more a pita to travel around (Alpha I hard to reach/leave).

New Island, it's a lot more clear now despite that you theoretically have to run more. I say theoretically, because now teleport beacons are only 50k and 2U. Grab a few and you will reach your destination in no time.

Error wrote:

- Robot prices skyrocket. That's neither noob nor pvp friendly.

Robot prices just went up with the last patch due to some rebalancing of material. In theory, modules prices should drop to compensate.

Error wrote:

- New graphics were introduced (or something like that) i heard ... the game is now unplayable on my aged notebook (of course this problem belongs on my side ... but still). How many players left the game because the graphic wasn't good enough for them? Only very few - if any.

Now the game is GPU-heavy instead of CPU-heavy. And view distance has been increase. Reduce view distance, and your notebook should be able to survive the ordeal.

My blog about MMO design:
http://mmockery.wordpress.com/

I'm also guilty of giving this game only about an hour of log-in time since Gamma launch. Each time though, I've seen the same basic paltry numbers in general. I simply cannot bring myself to play anymore with such a low population.

I'll keep my accounts subbed and hope for the best. But the current population provides little incentive to get involved sad

Once again devs, please advertise this fantastic game!!!

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:

I'm also guilty of giving this game only about an hour of log-in time since Gamma launch. Each time though, I've seen the same basic paltry numbers in general. I simply cannot bring myself to play anymore with such a low population.

I'll keep my accounts subbed and hope for the best. But the current population provides little incentive to get involved sad

This is certainly still an issue for new and returning players. Long term players have created a sort of biosphere of playability, but I can see where it would be really difficult, especially for returning players, to acclimate into the lower pop activities.

We ALL want more peeps though! There's rumors of plans, promoting, and various other things to that should cause massed of bodies to randomly appear in game. Soon (tm) would be nice smile

Arga wrote:

We ALL want more peeps though! There's rumors of plans, promoting, and various other things to that should cause massed of bodies to randomly appear in game. Soon (tm) would be nice smile

^^ THIS!!

Well i played more than 1 hour. But 1 hour was enough to realize that the very same facts that drove me away in the first place are still present. That's not quite accurate - actually it's a bit worse. I'm the typical single account user and running around solo half the time. That doesn't mean that i'm not interacting with other players (you have to if playing with 1 account). But the game favors heavily the "multiple accounts at the same place at the same time" playstyle.
Furthermore even the grind to achieve something ingame has increased ... making research and acquisition of ressources more time consuming. Alpha islands got nerfed quite a bit. Seemingly the Devs are trying to force players to Beta and Gamma islands.
Nothing wrong with that, except that it doesn't work. EVE has shown veeeerrrrry clear that 80-90% of player population prefer the carebear playstyle for what ever reasons (not enough time, avoiding pvp, more afk than actively playing, too old to react fast enough in pvp, too drunk to be useful in pvp tongue ...).
All these game mechanics and circumstances increase the gap between newer players and old/established veterans.
They (Noobs) have to compete with filthy rich, very experienced and extremely advanced (EP-wise) characters using the shiniest stuff available on mostly multiple accounts.
Good for vets - not for new players. The situation was already really bad at the time of EVE refugees (i was one of them). NEX had very large numbers, motivated players, a little bit support (bots, modules), a bit of experience for this kind of game and a decent attitude "We've come here to chew bubble gum and kick *** ... and we're all out of gum." -  and they didn't make it. Those old vets have now even more EPs, wealth and with CIR returning: the same politics tongue.
Granted, the market will recover IF a new chunk of players arrive ( a few hundreds minimum at the same time). The arrival of EVE refugees has shown it. But a new dude here and there won't affect the market in a positive way - but the non existent market will affect him ...
I mean the forum counts over 25k registered user (=accounts created??). Now look how many players actually play the game (really playing not just paying the account.
I'm not angry or raging about the game or the Devs. I'm simply dissapointed and even a bit sad. I really like most of the ingame music, the style of the landscape, the new plants, robots and Nian architecture.

On a side note: the mud fight between CIR and M2S was already annoying a 3/4 year ago. And now it starts all over again ... including posts here on the forum that are annoying as hell as well as tedious.

Gaulois wrote:
Error wrote:

Now the game is GPU-heavy instead of CPU-heavy. And view distance has been increase. Reduce view distance, and your notebook should be able to survive the ordeal.

Thanks for this info. Now i know why i'm running around with 10 fps although my CPU usage is only at 10%.
Does Perp require now more RAM? It's constantly over 1 GB and i just have 2 GB sad. Memory usage all the time above 83%.
This change is a bit unfortunate since almost all computers have a decent CPU built in but only dedicated gaming PCs and very expensive notebooks can shine with a good GPU.
Btw i'm already "playing" with lowest possible settings ... and it's ugly as hell.

Arga wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:

This is certainly still an issue for new and returning players. Long term players have created a sort of biosphere of playability, but I can see where it would be really difficult, especially for returning players, to acclimate into the lower pop activities.

Would be great of course ... but i doubt that Perp can hold these new players for more than 3-4 months. We already had this situation (and that was like a fat win in lottery for the Devs) and the things that led to the decline of player population are still there.
Hopefully my thoughts will prove wrong.

@ Rex
On a larger scale it's quite counterproductive to keep your accounts subscribed. Of course you want to be ready (EPs) for the time you will play again actively. Although i wish the Devs a decent earning from their product ... gaining money from customers that don't use their product anymore (subscribed but not playing) isn't healthy for the game and its development. It doesn't put enough pressure on the Devs aiming for a healthier player population. They DO work for their money and the game IS developing ... just not in the direction required for more/new players.

Sorry for bad grammar and wall of text.

error wrote:

Well i played more than 1 hour. But 1 hour was enough to realize that the very same facts that drove me away in the first place are still present. That's not quite accurate - actually it's a bit worse. I'm the typical single account user and running around solo half the time.

Strike one.  AC killed the last vestige of the solo game with this gamma patch.

error wrote:

Furthermore even the grind to achieve something ingame has increased ... making research and acquisition of ressources more time consuming. Alpha islands got nerfed quite a bit. Seemingly the Devs are trying to force players to Beta and Gamma islands.

Agreed.

error wrote:

All these game mechanics and circumstances increase the gap between newer players and old/established veterans.
They (Noobs) have to compete with filthy rich, very experienced and extremely advanced (EP-wise) characters using the shiniest stuff available on mostly multiple accounts.

Strike two.  That's wrong, at least in industry, the patch nerfed the living *** out of vets for your benefit.  The filthy rich extremely EP advanced shiny stuff people are ALL in big corporations working together.  You just said you're out there by yourself, why would you expect to have T4 fit MK2 Heavies?  Logic and common sense dude; get some.

error wrote:

Good for vets - not for new players. The situation was already really bad at the time of EVE refugees (i was one of them). NEX had very large numbers, motivated players, a little bit support (bots, modules), a bit of experience for this kind of game and a decent attitude "We've come here to chew bubble gum and kick *** ... and we're all out of gum." -  and they didn't make it. Those old vets have now even more EPs, wealth and with CIR returning: the same politics

Strike three.  Players coming back to this game is its best hope of getting people actively playing.   The windfall of monocle gate and rock paper shotgun can only be repeated so many times before your niche of a niche of a niche market is mined out for potential players.  I was there when NeX came to to game too it's exactly what AC needed and they should have done everything in their power to keep those subs. 

I personally think that AC are excellent programmers with big awesome ideas (and some bad ones) but *** business people so I don't entirely blame them (although my g/f likes to joke that this isn't a game at all but a psychological/sociological experiment for doctoral students studying masochism in groups - she won't even try the game because "it looks too much like work" and I got her to grind as my pocket healer in LOTRO but I digress).

error wrote:

On a side note: the mud fight between CIR and M2S was already annoying a 3/4 year ago. And now it starts all over again ... including posts here on the forum that are annoying as hell as well as tedious.

You're already "out" as not being credible but this was pretty much totally unnecessary and frankly it's that kind of drama that makes the game interesting.  The server is very polarized at the moment.  You would know that if you had played the game for more than an hour on alpha.

As for the rest, yea the client is more GPU intensive, it does suck for those of us who were flawless running multiple accounts before that have to shut some off for combat now but it does look better and it sounds like your machine was/is barely capable of running one before the patch anyway.

For the player base comments, yea time will tell.  Hopefully they have some awesome PvE stuff up their sleeves because while I'm very much a PvPer I agree with you that PvE subs will be the backbone (maybe already are? I don't spend much time on alpha) of pretty much every game and they are supposed to be focusing on that next although I did see Gargaj comment on IRC that they were in maintenance mode right now cleaning up small nuisances from the gamma patch.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:

Strike two.  That's wrong, at least in industry, the patch nerfed the living *** out of vets for your benefit.  The filthy rich extremely EP advanced shiny stuff people are ALL in big corporations working together.  You just said you're out there by yourself, why would you expect to have T4 fit MK2 Heavies?  Logic and common sense dude; get some.

You're just saying, that a communist corp (like your own) should be the only possible way to play the game. Where i say it's only 1 option out of many (at least it should be).
I'd like to differentiate between running around solo and running around without interaction with other players. Thanks to some advanced and independent industrialists as well as some industrialists from major beta corps i do have the equipment a bloody noob can dream of (ok no T4+ stuff since it was impelemented while i was elsewhere).
Andyouknowwhat ? I could obtain the stuff by working with them together. It's called economic/market activity. They take my kernels or NIC and i'll get their shiny stuff.
I'm more complaining about the "multiple accounts at the same place at the same time" concept. There are very few activities ingame that can be done with only 1 account. In fact a lot of activities need 2 or more accounts - not 2 or more players. Mining with one bot needs an extra hauler (thanks to 15 minutes lifetime for containers) but it's not worth for 2 players (1 account each). Same goes for all those small static spawns.

Crepitus wrote:

You're already "out" as not being credible but this was pretty much totally unnecessary and frankly it's that kind of drama that makes the game interesting.  The server is very polarized at the moment.  You would know that if you had played the game for more than an hour on alpha.

Yes drama makes a game interesting. Just not "your" kind of drama. Since the first time i ever heard of Perp it's always about M2S vs CIR. And in such a manner that it's only tedious. Like 2 small children quarreling with each other and forgetting their surrounding. Well ok ... there is no surrounding anymore yarr
Look at all the recent forum posts. In every single thread - no matter which topic - you can find at least one annoying post ranting against M2S/CIR (CIR being the more active brat atm).
If you wanna have some interesting drama, add some spy activity, reveal shocking secrets, play the puppet master, make great political gestures, scam the hell out of your opponents spiced up with a bit of backstabbing. Then I'll applaud the scene crying "hurrah!!" big_smile.

Error wrote:

Quitter

Why are you still here if you quit?

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

17 (edited by Sundial 2012-06-13 14:49:43)

Trust me error, the game is 10x better when M2S and CIR are at war at least from a PvP standpoint.

Its boring as hell when no one is fighting and there is no active PvP in entire timezones...

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

18 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-06-13 15:11:19)

Sundial wrote:

Trust me error, the game is 10x better when M2S and CIR are at war at least from a PvP standpoint.

Its boring as hell when no one is fighting and there is no active PvP in entire timezones...

sundial is the only dial for me tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

19 (edited by Crepitus 2012-06-13 15:27:30)

error wrote:

You're just saying, that a communist corp (like your own) should be the only possible way to play the game. Where i say it's only 1 option out of many (at least it should be).

I didn't say that at all.  I said that the game strongly favors and was designed around big organized groups of players working towards a common goal.  This is not my design it's ACs.  They have been unequivocal with every patch that the direction they are moving in is towards big corps with hundreds or thousands of players which don't yet exist.  I think that's a big BIG mistake but that doesn't mean communism is the only system (it's just the best one).

error wrote:

I'd like to differentiate between running around solo and running around without interaction with other players. Thanks to some advanced and independent industrialists as well as some industrialists from major beta corps i do have the equipment a bloody noob can dream of (ok no T4+ stuff since it was impelemented while i was elsewhere).

I don't see any reason to separate them.  Really soloists, small groups, and small corps are all in the same boat of being locked out of most of the game.

error wrote:

Andyouknowwhat ? I could obtain the stuff by working with them together. It's called economic/market activity. They take my kernels or NIC and i'll get their shiny stuff.
I'm more complaining about the "multiple accounts at the same place at the same time" concept. There are very few activities ingame that can be done with only 1 account. In fact a lot of activities need 2 or more accounts - not 2 or more players. Mining with one bot needs an extra hauler (thanks to 15 minutes lifetime for containers) but it's not worth for 2 players (1 account each). Same goes for all those small static spawns.

So you're saying you're a well disguised Blackomen-anti-multiple-accounts-per-player troll.

error wrote:

Yes drama makes a game interesting. Just not "your" kind of drama. Since the first time i ever heard of Perp it's always about M2S vs CIR. And in such a manner that it's only tedious. Like 2 small children quarreling with each other and forgetting their surrounding. Well ok ... there is no surrounding anymore yarr

There have been far more corps and alliances than currently exist which equal or greater animosity.  I'll invite you to go back a year and read the old forum corporate dialogue posts to get a clearer picture.

error wrote:

Look at all the recent forum posts. In every single thread - no matter which topic - you can find at least one annoying post ranting against M2S/CIR (CIR being the more active brat atm).
If you wanna have some interesting drama, add some spy activity, reveal shocking secrets, play the puppet master, make great political gestures, scam the hell out of your opponents spiced up with a bit of backstabbing. Then I'll applaud the scene crying "hurrah!!" big_smile.

There is all kinds of metagaming, which is what you're referring to.  You have no idea what goes on behind the scenes because you're by yourself on alpha.  People do not want to tip their hand to their enemies, so often you won't hear about it on the forums unless there is some kind of advantage to be gained by doing so.  Even now, though, there is plenty of what you describe on the forums as well if you can read between the lines and/or are privy to certain information.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Sundial wrote:

True dat tongue

Lemon wrote:

Why are you still here if you quit?

To answer your questions of course ... and i have 3 weeks left to do so.

Crepitus wrote:

I didn't say that at all.  I said that the game strongly favors and was designed around big organized groups of players working towards a common goal.  This is not my design it's ACs.  They have been unequivocal with every patch that the direction they are moving in is towards big corps with hundreds or thousands of players which don't yet exist.  I think that's a big BIG mistake but that doesn't mean communism is the only system (it's just the best one).

Yeah sadly. Best example is research. I don't think it was intended that every Corp has it's specialised prototyper and focussing all available kernels to one or two characters and therefore accelerating the research process massively.
Until now the Devs are still struggling to find a (more or less) balance for this problem. Constantly changing NPC spawns (and the kernels they drop) as a symptom of this problem. They try to slow down the research. But it affects almost only new players interested in industrial/research and the damage is already done (well organized corps finished their research already long ago). Note, that i'm not an industrialist though wink.

Error wrote:

If you wanna have some interesting drama, add some spy activity, reveal shocking secrets, play the puppet master, make great political gestures, scam the hell out of your opponents spiced up with a bit of backstabbing.

You should pay more attention to M2S, because it is exactly what they do and are doing with the corps they have designed as meatshields... err... allies. But since you are in alpha you don't get to witness it.

Largely the problem with new corps that come into the game is that they get immediately dragged aside and recruited to the growing coalition. FOOM, NeX, STC and others are very good examples of how new corporations getting dragged in the fighting pit ends up with a burned out carcass with 2-3 bittervets hanging on.

Kinda like if a new corp came into EVE, started zerg-recruiting and tried to invade goonspace. The "splat" would be so immediate and permanent that it would be used at West Point as a textbook example.

I honestly have no idea whats going through the heads of these CEOs to pick war instead of being neutral, playing the 3rd side and growing independently.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

It was sort of an accident, or cosmic inevitability(?), that the biggest forum warriors ended up in the same corp. The CIR tag is seen alot, simply because we have a large number of active players - both in game and on the forums.

@NeX - I've alwasy believed that if the bitter vets had come in and got distributed among the already active corps in the game, this would have turned out very differently. Having 700 new players all in one corp didn't make them immeditaly competitive, but it did make them competition. As STC has shown, it takes about 90-120 days to make pilots that can compete, EP wise, with even 700k accounts, as long as they have slightly more numbers. If NeX had continued for another month or so at the same size, they would have completely ruled the game.  The potential dominance wasn't any shock or surprise to the existing power blocks of the time, so there really wasn't any choice but to destabilize that corp.

But, if those 700 players had divided up naturally to existing corps, there wouldn't have been any single 'major' target to go after, and with a mixture of high and low EP accounts, there would have been a 3 faction balance on the server.

24 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-06-13 23:54:09)

(the following is no troll smile ) ok first off

@ syndic...  NEX tried to stay out of the whole alliance thing as long as it could but given the ep disadvantage & lack of ability to build enough stuff to supply our members we knew we couldnt go solo onto beta. if nex had been able to do that earlier then more people would have stayed longer.
Also have 20 guys in light bots getting shadowed by mech gangs didnt help lol. If a few more groups in game had given us early on some more GFs so new players could see how awesome pvp can be then again some more might have stayed longer.

As for why we ended up going to join alsbale well. Fnavy was the main reason. those guys would nearly always put the mechs away & get in assaults & light bot so our guys could experience a GF & how much fun pvp in this game is smile WTB red & araonal carter sad

Syndic wrote:

I honestly have no idea whats going through the heads of these CEOs to pick war instead of being neutral, playing the 3rd side and growing independently.

NEX did try to do that man infact we tried to do that for a VERY long time. Even SQUID mk1 did try to keep out of the m2s vs CIR fist fight. We even had stupid amounts of fun when you guys would do those FD intrusions vs us ( they were GFs smile )

But if you wanted a 3rd independent entity in game then heres what you do... you dont piss off the 3rd player so much that the other enemies they have in game now look really friendly. CIR stepped over the line to make things personal when you guys would camp 5 or so people into a station for 4 or more hours. what do you expect? the guys to go "hey GF CIR your real pro!" lol lol

no sorry the situation we have now where its server vs you (as you have stated) is your own making.

@ arga.. some valid points mate. however, people all joined together coz it allowed them to learn about that game faster & TBH most people want to join something they feel they have a connection to.
Saying that tho in 5 days the corp hit 600 members 500+ RL people. the fact is 50% stopped playing the game 2-3 weeks in.

the remaining 50% kept going for the next 2-3 months shedding another 25%. the thing that throws off the numbers is while RL people stopped playing those that stayed got alt accounts so on paper it looked like we had masses of people but we had after 2-3 months shifted to a Rl to alt ratio that is common in most corps.

the biggest killer in this game was the game its self. MANY liked it & enjoyed it but it still didnt offer enough to keep them sub'd & playing the game. Many just got bored. i mean lets be honest if you come from eve the options are massive. So many really did love the game but just ran out of things to do.
And this problem was common for many new corps that did start with the eve influx. i know of so many small corps that formed & died out after the first month & following months.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

25 (edited by Syndic 2012-06-14 08:23:45)

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

(the following is no troll smile ) ok first off

@ syndic...  NEX tried to stay out of the whole alliance thing as long as it could but given the ep disadvantage & lack of ability to build enough stuff to supply our members we knew we couldnt go solo onto beta. if nex had been able to do that earlier then more people would have stayed longer.
Also have 20 guys in light bots getting shadowed by mech gangs didnt help lol. If a few more groups in game had given us early on some more GFs so new players could see how awesome pvp can be then again some more might have stayed longer.

As for why we ended up going to join alsbale well. Fnavy was the main reason. those guys would nearly always put the mechs away & get in assaults & light bot so our guys could experience a GF & how much fun pvp in this game is smile WTB red & araonal carter sad

NEX did try to do that man infact we tried to do that for a VERY long time. Even SQUID mk1 did try to keep out of the m2s vs CIR fist fight. We even had stupid amounts of fun when you guys would do those FD intrusions vs us ( they were GFs smile )

But if you wanted a 3rd independent entity in game then heres what you do... you dont piss off the 3rd player so much that the other enemies they have in game now look really friendly. CIR stepped over the line to make things personal when you guys would camp 5 or so people into a station for 4 or more hours. what do you expect? the guys to go "hey GF CIR your real pro!" lol lol

no sorry the situation we have now where its server vs you (as you have stated) is your own making.

@ arga.. some valid points mate. however, people all joined together coz it allowed them to learn about that game faster & TBH most people want to join something they feel they have a connection to.
Saying that tho in 5 days the corp hit 600 members 500+ RL people. the fact is 50% stopped playing the game 2-3 weeks in.

the remaining 50% kept going for the next 2-3 months shedding another 25%. the thing that throws off the numbers is while RL people stopped playing those that stayed got alt accounts so on paper it looked like we had masses of people but we had after 2-3 months shifted to a Rl to alt ratio that is common in most corps.

the biggest killer in this game was the game its self. MANY liked it & enjoyed it but it still didnt offer enough to keep them sub'd & playing the game. Many just got bored. i mean lets be honest if you come from eve the options are massive. So many really did love the game but just ran out of things to do.
And this problem was common for many new corps that did start with the eve influx. i know of so many small corps that formed & died out after the first month & following months.

Exactly what I'm saying, the CEO/whoever called the shots that NeX was a *** with no aim at the bigger picture.

Why?

He took a 800 man corporation full of newbie accounts, the biggest thing on the server in Perp history, and joined it to one of the 3 alliances. On top of that, he let some inactive officer who postured as some bigshot leader post a troll-topic *** on the 2nd biggest alliance in-game how he'd eradicate them and their way of life.

Instead of doing the intelligent thing and just moving into an uninhabited Beta island as a solo neutral entity, letting the existing alliances fight to suck up to him and get NeX on their side, while his newbies learned how to play and eventually leveraged that position for more benefit to his corporation.

I mean, what did he expect srsly? I thought EVE vets were supposed to be good at this stuff. lol

From the current position and the whole CIR vs Server, the server already lost that fight at Danarchov.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice