Re: Infinite Supply of Refined Materials

Karism wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Blah blah

This is implying we actually did this a lot, actually one person (not blackomen), tested it in small amounts to see what was going on.

I then messaged someone in IRC to see if this was a bug, it was told that it wasn't, after that blackomen had no choice but to publically announce the fact that this seemed very questionable.

All i'd like to ask is that some people please grow up and stop with the childish insults and hangups over issues a year old, but that is probably asking too much.

IKR?!?!? Let's get Lupus to stop bringing up the past!

52 (edited by Syndic 2012-06-05 21:55:14)

I disagree Lucius, but we'll see whats the difference according to the EULA between someone telling the whole community how to exploit NIC-into-resources, and someone offering people on a 3rd party website to subscribe to Perpetuum on older accounts (for no commercial benefit!) that their owners gave away because they don't want to play.

I have intimate knowledge what was the EULA verdict for one of those "someones", lets see what the verdict is for the other one.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Also the extent of this event and the people involved is waaay less than what the whole hysteria suggests.

Great to hear Zoom, it's great this was dealt with early. If few people are involved it really shouldn't be that hard to claw back the briochit (and return the NIC for the charges).

DEV Zoom wrote:

This "infinite resources have been created" nonsense really needs to stop guys. Nothing has been created out of thin air, just existing NIC has been turned into commodities, supposedly for less than their implied market price.

What nonsense are you talking about, NPC orders are infinite and instead of harvesting/mining it they just need recycle it, and the NIC you get by other means.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

and the NIC you get by other means.

...which isn't infinite.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Celebro wrote:

...which isn't infinite.

Just so we're clear though, this would have made mining extensions and the profession worthless... and it's now being removed... and we shouldn't see anymore seeded items on the market that can be recycled?

58 (edited by Lucius Marcellus 2012-06-05 22:07:21)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Celebro wrote:

...which isn't infinite.

No, but even if a fraction of all NIC was used for this, then no one would have to mine Noralgis for the next few years. But if you honestly believe what you say here, might as well just seed everything! 10 NIC! Doesn't matter, right? As NIC will never be infinite we will never get infinite stuff? Just loads of it and no industry or market, but who cares?

The items will be seeded, you just won't be able to recycle them. I know many think the easiest solution would be to remove all npc orders, but we can't rely on the players just yet to have every standard item available on the market all the time.

Sounds like an excelent solution, and from what I hear it is what Eve did.

Best solution, thanks!

Also: what a drama! Gamma frontier succesfull! big_smile

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Sounds good, but if I build my own structures can I recycle it?

RIP PERPETUUM

Great solution Zoom!

(Can you confirm you'll try to claw back briochit as well?)

Lucius Marcellus wrote:

No, but even if a fraction of all NIC was used for this, then no one would have to mine Noralgis for the next few years. But if you honestly believe what you say here, might as well just seed everything! 10 NIC! Doesn't matter, right? As NIC will never be infinite we will never get infinite stuff? Just loads of it and no industry or market, but who cares?

The point I was trying to make is that you still had to invest a real amount into this operation, and it wasn't like players got that ammo and commodities for free now.

65 (edited by Burial 2012-06-05 22:15:56)

So much dirt in this thread that I really couln't find a proper answer.

Was the issue serious enought that you will track down all the wrong-doers and remove the commodities?
How exactly will you fix the issue?
When can I play? big_smile

DEV Zoom wrote:
Lucius Marcellus wrote:

The point I was trying to make is that you still had to invest a real amount into this operation, and it wasn't like players got that ammo and commodities for free now.

Indeed, but as I said, seeding everything at 10NIC/per wouldn't be free either. It's a dangerous line.

Celebro wrote:

Sounds good, but if I build my own structures can I recycle it?

Unfortunately not, we can't make a difference between "owned" and "seeded" items. Once we're past the initial gamma rush, we'll probably remove the standard building seeds from the market and also remove the non-recyclable flag from them.

Lucius Marcellus wrote:

Great solution Zoom!

I say just reverse the Recycle, and leave charges or structures. They bought them, they should be able to keep them; not to mention for those that abused the system, it makes a nice little NIC sink and they can simply put them back on the market for resale.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Lucius Marcellus wrote:

Main problem IMO was that money are much easier and safer to get than a Briochit and thats it.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Lucius Marcellus wrote:

Great solution Zoom!

I guess them avoiding to answer this question means they won´t/can´t. I would do a rollback to the time before this thread was made. wink That would be popular. lol

DEV Zoom wrote:

The items will be seeded, you just won't be able to recycle them. I know many think the easiest solution would be to remove all npc orders, but we can't rely on the players just yet to have every standard item available on the market all the time.

This. The markets are a wasteland and all prices are artificial base on NIC piles with no purpose. Seeds remove it and that benefits the game. People will always find a way to destroy resources in the form of PvP. Destroying NIC requires seeds.

Punk Panther wrote:
Lucius Marcellus wrote:

Great solution Zoom!

I guess them avoiding to answer this question means they won´t/can´t. I would do a rollback to the time before this thread was made. wink That would be popular. lol

Meh, I think the DEVs have something like this hanging in the office.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:

Meh, I think the DEVs have something like this hanging in the office.

I like it.

This is my blob. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

GLiMPSE wrote:

Post 42: Syndic brings up the past first (evidently he cannot let go).
Post 44: Lupus responds to Syndic's post.
Post 51: Glimpse accuses Lupus of bringing up the past.

Obviously a feeble and horribly failed attempt at spinning the truth.  Heck, it's been only six short months since you guys "quit for good" (spin again).  I'm sure you will be in full blob-spin-mode-of-champions in a few weeks time.  big_smile

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

Mongolia Jones wrote:
GLiMPSE wrote:

Post 42: Syndic brings up the past first (evidently he cannot let go).
Post 44: Lupus responds to Syndic's post.
Post 51: Glimpse accuses Lupus of bringing up the past.

Obviously a feeble and horribly failed attempt at spinning the truth.  Heck, it's been only six short months since you guys "quit for good" (spin again).  I'm sure you will be in full blob-spin-mode-of-champions in a few weeks time.  big_smile

Please if y our going to troll take it to CD.

Former M2S making spin accusations leaving out important information.

The full quote of Glimpse is when read in its context a agreement with a m2S member.

Karism wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Blah blah

This is implying we actually did this a lot, actually one person (not blackomen), tested it in small amounts to see what was going on.
I then messaged someone in IRC to see if this was a bug, it was told that it wasn't, after that blackomen had no choice but to publically announce the fact that this seemed very questionable.
All i'd like to ask is that some people please grow up and stop with the childish insults and hangups over issues a year old, but that is probably asking too much.

GLIMPSE wrote:

Syndic's post simply refers to past behavior compared to now which was corrected by Karism (M2S)

So i will gladly point you to THIS thread where M2S started spinning first and i would say you can add your bit, but sadly it got closed due to the trolling.

P.S. That started as a thank you thread until M2S turned it to a troll fest. (Bug fixed why is this still open?)

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle