Re: Finding a solution to multi-boxing pvp

I hear where you are coming from OP. I am for more tactical warfare, with less alt follow bot abuse as well. Where I use a follow bot myself, many of times, mainly because I am forced into that gameplay to stay competetive. I still would not have an idea, on how this could be "controlled", without compromising other playstyles.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Well the way you control it is to....well simply not control it.  This fear of attacking someone with simply more Bots on the field is a bad thing.  You can win easily if you can, and know what single bots to target, what ones to jam, suppress, or destroy. 

A smaller force can and will always win, as they can react faster, move together more fluid.  The force with the follow bots can be out maneuvered, out paced, over extended.

We use follow bots to intimidate other forces, as well as, they WORK well for doing what they were intended for, following and RSA'ing.

This is not a problem, the problem were facing is that people are not willing to attack, they SEE a force and make a choice without thinking farther then what they see. 

Use the resources that you have, the tele's you have on your island, the land mass that your on, the speed of what your bots is verse the other force.

This requires strategy, but more so a high level of tactics.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

The force with the follow bots can be out maneuvered, out paced, over extended.

I would say this is not entirely true, it depends on your choice of follow bot, has it same properties such as speed and what not, etc... this allows me not to actually worry about my alt follow being i.e. stuck somewhere, as it literterly sticks to me. The advantages of using a follow bot are numerous, such as Nexus, RSA, RR, RET, support. I´d rather have tactical gameplay with"real" people controlled support bots, but hey, mention that to the squad, I stopped nowadays, its fighting windmills. Everone comes dressed to the battle, to fight on their own, instead of using group support tactics. But hell, guess those days are gone and away, when we had tactical squad "design". Everyone reverts to follow bots nowadays.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Um, your thought of HOW to outpace them is not quite how I think to out pace them....Expand and use all your options, and all the game mechanics that you possibly can.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

I agree with what was said earlier in this thread, solution to multibox PvP is more players.

That said, I think locking ranges / other things need to be examined when running without a support bot.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Right now for small scale PVP as well as larger scale PVP I like where the locking ranges are currently at.

HOWEVER, for PVB (B = Base) it gets a bit hard sometimes.  Not necessary saying this is a problem.

As later new bots should help solve this problem.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

Right now for small scale PVP as well as larger scale PVP I like where the locking ranges are currently at.

HOWEVER, for PVB (B = Base) it gets a bit hard sometimes.  Not necessary saying this is a problem.

As later new bots should help solve this problem.

It may be off topic but I think subscripts for SA's would fix my complaints.

Back on topic big_smile

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.