Re: Finding a solution to multi-boxing pvp

Why you think multi-boxing is issue ? or there is issue because someone can manage/run at once/pay/etc.. more/better then you ? i have four accounts - why i must suffer because someone have only one account ?

but 15 ppl bringing 45 bots would have such interference that they will die to a grp of 20 ppl bringing 20 bots. I do feel with population increase, when the barrier on how many bots are in the grp will be interference and not player numbers, the issue will go away.

Industrial Junkie

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

It would also seem that multi boxing happens now more than it did with a bigger population. Small population means you must do more your self.

This and No don't do any thing to "fix" something thats truely not broken. I know its hard to swallow when your run up to a station and some guy pops out with 2 Heavy mechs and 4 follow bots to greet your 3 man assault team but hey they really want to win.

I to have seen an increase in follow bots lately and I agree 100% with obi this isn't so much a multiboxer problem as it is a low population problem. If someone brings a speed nexus and ewar nexus do I need to bring mine? Nope I'll leave it at the alpha gate just incase the first one gets wasted.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Tamas Vitez wrote:

but 15 ppl bringing 45 bots would have such interference that they will die to a grp of 20 ppl bringing 20 bots. I do feel with population increase, when the barrier on how many bots are in the grp will be interference and not player numbers, the issue will go away.

good point. Excessive multiboxer tend to stay close together due to the nature of the follow mechanic - individual player can spread out more freely and win.

there haven't been so many big fights where interference kicks in since it got implemented...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Burial wrote:

The issue won't go away with higher pop. It could infact get worse..

more targets big_smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

I have a suggestion, sell Plex.  So everyone can bring a follow bot! \0/

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

20 bots and 10 real people

20 bots and 20 real people

I see no difference. If any the group with 10 real people will suffer a bit more maybe....

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Why not just close perp if a second window is opened then close the second window?

IF it is a problem, an easy implementation could be maybe greatly increase interference when bots are within 10 or 20m of each other. Or add some more combat penalties associated with interference the higher it goes.

Kokomut wrote:

IF it is a problem, an easy implementation could be maybe greatly increase interference when bots are within 10 or 20m of each other. Or add some more combat penalties associated with interference the higher it goes.

Or, you know, if it ain't broke don't fix it.  People can drop interference right now it's just not used much.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

I find I agree with Crepitus on his points about the actual multiboxing.

The 'issue' I think you are trying to solve, is one group turning up with twice as many bots as another, even though the same number of flesh-things are behind the controls. That is a problem of bot numbers and has nothing to do with the numbers of humans involved.

The number of different fits you can make by using a support bot for extra utility and options brings a lot of gameplay and complexity and I don't see why you would want to remove it, other than as a crutch to help balance the game for low population combat, something it is plainly not geared towards.

IMO. A person controlling multiple accounts is not given an unfair advantage as anyone has the option to do the same thing. I personally feel naked without my follow bot being dragged behind my heavy.

The only issue i see with multi-boxing is when a player uses a third party program to control those accounts.

Deamon Morden wrote:

IMO. A person controlling multiple accounts is not given an unfair advantage as anyone has the option to do the same thing. I personally feel naked without my follow bot being dragged behind my heavy.

The only issue i see with multi-boxing is when a player uses a third party program to control those accounts.

QFT

I have said this a million times, you can only pilot ONE client at a time.  What you choose to do with the others is your own as long as your not ISBoxxering it up.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

From what i have read here it seems like the best method for addressing this issue is to:

~ Not allow bots that are put into "follow" mode to activate any modules on a target
or
~ Not allow bots that are in "follow" mode to target at all
or
~ add additional produced interference from bots that are in "follow' mode.

I agree/disagree with many things that have been discussed but these three i think most people could manage as this issue will only get worse with a rise in population.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Isboxer is an issue. And using Isboxer will almost certainly get a player banned (if you get caught), if that's not enough incentive to not use it, then changing follow isn't going to.

Tux wrote:

From what i have read here it seems like the best method for addressing this issue is to:

~ Not allow bots that are put into "follow" mode to activate any modules on a target
or
or

I agree/disagree with many things that have been discussed but these three i think most people could manage as this issue will only get worse with a rise in population.

This game needs more subs not less.

I'm against multiboxing when it's done with third party tools... having a followbot is an advantage, but isn't a ridiculous one. Hell, it's more a liability -- when you die you lose two bots instead of one.

GLiMPSE wrote:
Tux wrote:

or
or

I'm against multiboxing when it's done with third party tools... having a followbot is an advantage, but isn't a ridiculous one. Hell, it's more a liability -- when you die you lose two bots instead of one.

Totally agree with you.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Well this dude knows how to multibox on a large scale lol

https://sites.google.com/site/khromtor/home

RIP PERPETUUM

I have the only one correct solution for this subject: Disable automatic cycles of all modules in PvP mode.

Now you have all you need. Cheer.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

I guess disable follow would solve it, generally.

GLiMPSE wrote:
Tux wrote:

or
or

+1

all the suggestions just bandaid fixes.

why do you need followbot-multiboxing in pvp at all? why do you need it in PvE ?

you are not talking about fixes against someone fielding 10 grophos that can shot down anything in one huge alpha strike of 60 Medium Missiles. You are talking about fixes against min-maxing pay2win strategies.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

If you want to "fix" or stop people multi boxing then first you must understand why it is done & change those sections of the game.
But lets be honest people will never stop multi boxing.

Also multi boxers need multiple accounts = more money for AC. TBH multi boxing is the least of this games problems.

Population however...

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

MechanID wrote:

Why you think multi-boxing is issue ? or there is issue because someone can manage/run at once/pay/etc.. more/better then you ? i have four accounts - why i must suffer because someone have only one account ?

I think because of this is not "pay to win kind" game...

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

When I lose I just throw money at the screen...it makes me feel better.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13