Topic: Not too shabby

Hello

I am  8 days into my trial and am having fun....for now.
Just got my Termis and am going thru the voodoo to keep the accumulator full changing things and adding the proper extensions.

My only fear is traveling to the non "carebear" islands (im a mining build char) I have insured my "starter" ship and plan to look around the PVP islands. 
Some of the good items for sale are in the PVP islands so I guess I have to go tere to get them.

My question is...... will I make it out with my items alive?
hahahahahah

Re: Not too shabby

You will be unable to dock at the outposts that sell those items.

If your interested in mining and danger, talk to Ville. Either he'll recruit you, or shoot at you ... or both. smile

Really ?  A noob cannot go to the PVP islands?  I didn't know that.
When CAN I go there then?
Thanks.

Bloodskull wrote:

Hello

I am  8 days into my trial and am having fun....for now.
Just got my Termis and am going thru the voodoo to keep the accumulator full changing things and adding the proper extensions.

My only fear is traveling to the non "carebear" islands (im a mining build char) I have insured my "starter" ship and plan to look around the PVP islands. 
Some of the good items for sale are in the PVP islands so I guess I have to go tere to get them.

My question is...... will I make it out with my items alive?
hahahahahah

It's not that you cannot go there; you just won't be able to dock up at outposts that are 100% owned by corporations that are not allies.  Also, a fair number of folks on Beta islands would shoot at you-- some might warn you away first, but you should not count on it.  wink

Easiest way to experience Beta and Gamma life is to join a corporation that lives out there.  Many have public channels and/or post in the corporation advertising forum; you could check there to see if you and a corp are a good fit.

The fact that you are new would not stop many corps from recruiting you.

The pvp-Islands are only those with yellow bars above and under the island name on the map. Most good stuff is for sale on the oute alpha islands also called alpha+. You can travel there without risk, as long as you stay away from NPCs, as these are often harder on outer alpha islands

Thanks for the info everyone.
My main reason for going to a pvp island was to purchase an item.  Ill have to look and see if it is possible to purchase from the market (some sort of remote extension maybe) and if this is not possible then there should be some way to do so.
Thanks.

Ask in trade channel or in forums what items you need, many players will trade out of market for a lower price.

RIP PERPETUUM

Bloodskull wrote:

Ill have to look and see if it is possible to purchase from the market (some sort of remote extension maybe) and if this is not possible then there should be some way to do so.
Thanks.

Remote purchasing isn't in the game. Even if it was, the item you purchased would go your personal storage of the outpost where you purchased it, not to your local storage. Being able to "instantly" teleport items from remote outposts will never be implemented in the game, it eliminates too much 'on terrain' time that the PVP players want to have to shoot you with.

Also, this type of remote purchase, with local delivery, would still be disabled for outposts that you don't have access too; that is you'd still be 'blocked' from purchasing anywhere you didn't have physical access.

There's never any good reason to go to the PVP islands if you don't want a fight. Carebears have been eeking out a living on alpha-only for 18 months. There's alot of competition for new producers, even with the population being this low.

Celebro's advice is the best, just ask, every item in the game (as of today) is available from alpha producers.

I made the trip to the island (didnt have the yellow lines in the name) got what I needed and was off.
Thanks again.

If you head to beta islands, you will most likely die quickly. If you want beta access, join a corp that lives on one of the islands.