1 (edited by Annihilator 2012-05-30 00:51:12)

Topic: Repair Nodes

Thanks CNEX for your support tonight.

it made me just realize, that i dont like the current implementation of Repair Node Buildings.

Facts:

1. They repair a rather small amounts of HP (1000/1250/1500HP) per cycle ever 5s
    This would be ok IMHO, if they would work like those Wall Repair probes, reparing everything in their range

2. you have to connect them to the buildings they shall repair
    Connection overload. Give them an AI and make them work like Turrets: locking damaged buildings and start repairing them, "aggro" based.
    You could give us optional "priority links"

3. they got a relative short range
    compared to booster and energy nodes, they have to be built into your defense line. together with 1 and 2 thats a bit meh sad

4. they got no LoS
    Depending on how effective high-tech defense with resist boost is, this could be an issue - if they ever get boosted to repair to much at once.

5. they cannot repair Walls
    Hurray, i can build a base, but the Walls have to be maintained with 1-time probes?

*edit:
btw, the cycletime information differs between on-market information, and actually built node information.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: Repair Nodes

Also, if you are trying to repair a reactor, if you power the repair node directly from the reactor, then you get an error of "Unit already connected" when you try to pull a green repair connection to the reactor. Unless any nodes connected via power or control automatically also get repairs, but that didn't seem to be the case.

Re: Repair Nodes

The no LOS problem isn't a big problem because you can't dump 10 of them behind your turrets, like them not requiring incomming connections is right now.