Topic: Gamma Frontier expansion moved to June 1

To make sure that we can deploy a quality product, the deployment of the Gamma Frontier expansion has been moved to Friday, June 1 (yes, this year). The live server will go down at 10:00 CEST (servertime) and we expect to come online at 20:00 CEST.

We will use the extra 2 days to apply finishing touches, kill remaining bugs and do some final internal testing, which will hopefully minimize patch-day problems.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Re: Gamma Frontier expansion moved to June 1

When will the maintenance window start/expected end on Friday?

Edited the OP.

Thanks

And better to get it out stable then spend 2 days buggy; that is it's better to let us play 2 days as-is, then fight with the new patch onlive until Friday anyway.

smile

will the test server be online while the live server is down?

and will the test server stay online after the gamma patch? (which would realy be nice so that you can still test some stuff before you build them...)

I actually like that it is postponed, better this way. Was quite buggy and extremely laggy on the test servers.

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

will the test server be online while the live server is down?

and will the test server stay online after the gamma patch? (which would realy be nice so that you can still test some stuff before you build them...)

No and no. It might come back at some point for shorter periods, but it won't stay.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Chris Green wrote:

Was quite buggy and extremely laggy on the test servers.

Not that I wish to make excuses for the lag, but for the right mind, please do note that the entire cluster was running on a single server with a single uplink (that's 24 zones). Obviously it'll be spread out to several boxes and connections as soon as it hits live.

Arga do you accept paypal $10 as payment for calling this one?  Or can I gift you with NIC tongue

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

10 (edited by Chris Green 2012-05-29 19:36:55)

DEV Gargaj wrote:
Chris Green wrote:

Not that I wish to make excuses for the lag, but for the right mind, please do note that the entire cluster was running on a single server with a single uplink (that's 24 zones). Obviously it'll be spread out to several boxes and connections as soon as it hits live.

Sounds comforting, though I have no idea what you just said xD

Ya know, we've been somewhat critical so far, but one thing I would like to say as a positive:

The new graphics are absolutely fantastic, the buildings, terrain, sky, add so much more to the immersion. And the lighting is spot on smile

Yay! Great for us who play with really crappy systems, at least the test server was a lot smoother and looked better at lowest possible settings than the "normal" server. Great difference in general, hopefully it also gives a boost in bigger battles when my comp goes from frames per second to frames per minute cool

gives me a chance to get all my acounts subed up! big_smile
keep up the good work!!

Unfortunate but very necessary with the many missing models and minor bugs. Glad it will actually be pushed back slightly.

Oldest player still in the game. Perpetuum for life.
Original Founder of M2S, may it rest in peace. sad
"Hungarian Math" is defined by the dictionary as "Just like normal math, but where each equation ends by dividing the sum by Potato."
-Shoutout to "Stranger Danger" for the "potato" comment.

DEV Zoom wrote:

To make sure that we can deploy a quality product, the deployment of the Gamma Frontier expansion has been moved to Friday, June 1 (yes, this year). The live server will go down at 10:00 CEST (servertime) and we expect to come online at 20:00 CEST.

We will use the extra 2 days to apply finishing touches, kill remaining bugs and do some final internal testing, which will hopefully minimize patch-day problems.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

I hope that u did awesome job,otherwise we are heading to PESTA, not Budim big_smile

Chris Green wrote:
DEV Gargaj wrote:
Chris Green wrote:

Devs correct me if im wrong

Chris on the liver server each island is its own server with multiple uplinks on the test server they used only one server with one uplink meaning all data comeing from the server to clients was getting bottled up because we were all in the same area, especially when we did the invasion test. 30 clients pinging the server saying here I am tell the other 29 clients where I am. server is said yeah no problem.... uplink said oh *** thats alot of information to fit threw this little wire. Not to mention the one server was running the great fortess with all its turrets and all the other POS's.

TL:DR on test server 1 server for all things, on live server each island gets its own server AFAIK.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

I just hope this is the "Final Frontier" date slip smile

Khader, I believe currently it's like 3 islands to a server.

Wasn't really hard to figure that one out.. big_smile

Khader Khan wrote:
Chris Green wrote:
DEV Gargaj wrote:

Devs correct me if im wrong

Chris on the liver server each island is its own server with multiple uplinks on the test server they used only one server with one uplink meaning all data comeing from the server to clients was getting bottled up because we were all in the same area, especially when we did the invasion test. 30 clients pinging the server saying here I am tell the other 29 clients where I am. server is said yeah no problem.... uplink said oh *** thats alot of information to fit threw this little wire. Not to mention the one server was running the great fortess with all its turrets and all the other POS's.

TL:DR on test server 1 server for all things, on live server each island gets its own server AFAIK.

Mild numeric inaccuracies and loose interpretation aside, this is mostly correct.

1 day left!

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

DEV Gargaj wrote:

Mild numeric inaccuracies and loose interpretation aside, this is mostly correct.

Like saying a few mongols spent an afternoon talking with neighbors in Asia a few years ago?

When will the pitchfork rage begin :-)

It wasn't me.. just saying, in case rumors start ... hmm

Should've been moved to June 1st 2013. Epic fail expansion.