Topic: PBS Buildings - Suggestions

Just a few things I think would be cool in pbs.

Shield walls - Allows players to pass through, but cannot be shot through. Requires power.

Teleporter beacon - Allows incoming teleports from beacons. (maybe outgoing, but I think it would be OP)

Nexus Module Station - Fit it with a nexus module, or maybe build it with a nexus module as a requirement:D, and get the benefits. (My answer to highways in pbs).

Re: PBS Buildings - Suggestions

New ideas are good!

But, I can see an issue with the sheild wall. If I park a mesmer MK II 100m behind it, and I can't get shot at from range, that would force bots to have to come to me, and get 1 shot. A merkle trap, without the TP or the login. Good for the short range dps bots, but OP for balance.

TP beacon would be nice, but it would also allow you to TP from the exterior TP right to your base. Make them expensive, like Intra-zone TP's and that would probably be OK though.

Gamma pbs outposts have nexus structures you can build.

3 (edited by Sundial 2012-05-16 23:27:52)

Shield walls are a great idea. That would be another thing that makes undocking and defending even when outnumbered more worth it. As for ballance: If you want to mess with someones outpost, its serious business. The offense should be prepared to deal with things like this. You can always wait till someone comes out and then alpha them... If they are inside it they are harmless. Answer is to walked onto their turf uber tanked uber dps fit yourself...

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

What value would the sheild wall give though?

All you have to do is stand LOS, step out and shoot then step back, to acheive the exact same effect.

Now, if the sheild wall acted like a door too, so attackers had to break the sheild before they could come in, that would be usefull.

Arga wrote:

All you have to do is stand LOS, step out and shoot then step back, to acheive the exact same effect.

Now, if the sheild wall acted like a door too, so attackers had to break the sheild before they could come in, that would be usefull.

Yeah the image I had in my head was the defenders were free to move in and out but not the attackers.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

I have a suggestion for this thread.  Let's recruit players to the game.  /win

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Sundial wrote:
Arga wrote:

Yeah the image I had in my head was the defenders were free to move in and out but not the attackers.

Shield gate would have been a more appropriate name:D

ghostttr wrote:

Shield gate would have been a more appropriate name:D

+1 for shield gates!

and +1 for ville's suggestion.

Just to expand, the sheild gate could be 30m wide, with a 10m sheilded opening. The 10m pillar on either side would be targetable, with a shared accumulator as powered from the energy source.

Because its a PBS, there has to be a 50m no-tf zone around it, and placed on flat terrain. Meaning you couldn't use it to block a TF formation, since 50m on either side would need to be passable terrain.

However, that works, as putting in walls on either side will make it impassable as well as making the gate have more then one way to be defeated, which makes it more interesting.

9 (edited by Karism 2012-05-19 06:11:09)

Some idea regarding turrets and shooting bases at long distances.

1 - change the turrent stats to the following, or close, i kind of rushed the numbers. :

EM (High damage, low range, high hit dispersion)

Rank|Range|Hit dispersion|Base Locking Range|Detection

Standard | 500m | 8m | 525m | 100

Advanced 575m | 7m | 600m | 125

Hi tec 650m | 6m | 675m | 160 | 150

Laser (Low damage, high range, low hit dispersion)

Standard | 550m | 5m | 600m | 100

Advanced | 700m | 3.5m | 800m | 125

Hi tec | 850m | 2m | 1000m | 150

Missile (Mid range alpha damage, very high range, mid hit dispersion)

Standard | 600m | 7m | 500m | 100

Advanced 800m | 6m | 650m | 125

Hi tec  1000m | 5m | 800m | 150

+Add Turret range buff to boosters (optimal range) (Standard x1.1, advanced x1.15, hi tec x1.2)

Change sensor boosting buff (locking range) to (Standard x1.25, Advanced 1.35, Hi tec x1.45)

+ increase base damage of all turret by like 2-3 times current values.

2 - Buildings can't be shot targeted by an enemy player from over 800m from the main terminal, and the building within it, causes "long range countermeasures" to be deployed, and the enemy has to get within this 800m if they want to attack the buildings.

http://i.imgur.com/mCBZr.jpg Example

Also, Standard Advanced and hi tec resists are unbalanced, instead of 23/97.4/98.9 percent resists, it should be more like 80/90/95 percent resists, and change resist boosters into addition building health, like adding a plate or something.

Advanced and hi-tech turret resists are bugged, obviously 98.9% is quite OP smile Will be fixed in next patch.

: ) A call for shooting peoples buildings in there off time zone perhaps?

I truly pity you Zoom, as this task of balancing is a uphill climb.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13