1 (edited by Alexadar 2012-10-01 10:42:07)

Topic: Network connections map

Basically, its done very well.
But it have some very inconvenient moments:
1. UI should select your current island, by default
2. UI should be able to validate a temporary plan, without requirement to create new plan
3. Very inconvenient network grid: i cant see the terrain under my buildings, but the tiny terrain map in the right upper corner. I requesting to add a terrain layer with lets say 0.4 transparency, to know where your buildings are exactly.
3.1 The best idea would be to integrate world map and network connections map, imo.
4. Validation should have longer visualization on a tactical window. Maybe configurable. Maybe permanent, unless you un-check. Or:
5. Collaboration of placement validation and terraforming plans: i want to plan my city, and create a terraforming plan from it, what corp will use to level all land for a city.

6. Summary for building plan: total cost of construction blocks, cost of buildings according to market prices (excluding buildings without sell orders. notify about it somehow)

7. Accumulator consumption info for turrets and other buildings without it

8. Hotkeys: copy, paste, delete

9. Drag-n-drop for multiple selection

10. Information about buffs, what structure can generate (for stealth tower, masker, mining outposts, booster node)

11. Holographic images in a tactical window for a selected plan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12. Highlight incoming and outgoing connections for selected buildings

Re: Network connections map

Alexadar wrote:

1. UI should select your current island, by default
Yes! (At least an option to remember your last island and location)

2. UI should be able to validate a temporary plan, without requirement to create new plan
Sounds reasonable. Plans seemed like more hard work than they are worth at the moment.

3. Very inconvenient network grid: i cant see the terrain under my buildings, but the tiny terrain map in the right upper corner. I requesting to add a terrain layer with lets say 0.4 transparency, to know where your buildings are exactly.
Scrolling slider for terrain layer transparency. Sometimes you want it on, sometimes you want it off.

3.1 The best idea would be to integrate world map and network connections map, imo.
Keep them separate. I like the network grid.

4. Validation should have longer visualization on a tactical window. Maybe configurable. Maybe permanent, unless you un-check. OR. Collaboration of placement validation and terraforming plans: i want to plan my city, and create a terraforming plan from it, what corp will use to level all land for a city.
A terraforming plan and a network plan should work together. If you make changes on one you can see them on the other. This is important when checking buildable areas.

Alexander wrote:

good stuff

+1

UI should select your current island, by default

Done, rest is coming later.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

DEV Gargaj wrote:

UI should select your current island, by default

Done, rest is coming later.

Not working. Davis Barrier = Solarfield when reopening the map.

6 (edited by Alexadar 2012-07-01 14:03:44)

UPDATE:

6. Summary for building plan: total cost of construction blocks, cost of buildings according to market prices (excluding buildings without sell orders. notify about it somehow)

7. Accumulator consumption info for turrets and other buildings without it

8. Hotkeys: copy, paste, delete

9. Drag-n-drop for multiple selection

10. Information about buffs, what structure can generate (for stealth tower, masker, mining outposts, booster node)

11. Holographic images in a tactical window for a selected plan.

I also very need p. 3: Terrain layer under network grid

12. Highlight incoming and outgoing connections for selected buildings