Topic: Destroying your cargo hold before you blow at pvp?

I mean cmon guys, its pretty carebear if you really dont want to make the guy who just killed you to take all your loot, especially the kernels he wants to eat. tongue

This thing really encourages the small pvp action where goes just about the loot of the prey.

I played a game with similar full loot system (Darkfall) and they really realised its stupid to be able to trash all your *** just right before you are sure you die. So they made a 5 minutes timer on deleting your *** (it remained invisible in the inventory and appeared only if you died).

Possible fixes:

1) Make it so the stuff remains 1-5 minutes in the cargo hold after it is destroyed and your bot is destroyed. The time depends on how the devs would be able to balance it out without someone abusing it (transport missions or other ***).

2) Dont allow people to destroy their holdings when they are target locked by enemy at beta island zones.

3) I dunno just think of something, this is really starting to piss me and my corp members.

Re: Destroying your cargo hold before you blow at pvp?

say you stumbled with your heavy mech upon an argano on a beta island and start to attack it. of course the first thing for the argano player should be to destroy the epriton he has been mining under great risk as he has no chance to survive this encounter. so why on earth shouldn't he be able destroy his cargo?

what you suggest is that you should also get the cargo in addition to the easy kill. it's not that he is able to destroy any of his modules. i very much doubt that they would be valuable to you. so what else could it be to attack these kind of players. i guess it's only the kill.

leave these players some satisfaction or they will hardly return to any of the beta islands. and yes, there are enough casual solo players around here.

say you sumbled upon another (heavy) mech player farming on npcs. i would think that his modules are worth more than what he has in his cargo. and the kill shouldn't be too hard aswell, as he would most probably still be under attack by the npcs.

lol, i never thought i would ever be able to return the favor: "team up" to hit your prey hard so they won't have the time to destroy any of their cargo.

your suggestion would be pretty much carebear towards the heavy mech player wink

hmm, what your talking about?
full loot?

pvp drops is 50% chance if i remember correctly.

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

Recognizer wrote:

hmm, what your talking about?
full loot? pvp drops is 50% chance if i remember correctly.

50% that is what i have heared aswell, but what is being suggested is to increase the implicitly included chance of getting the cargo

Darkfail implemented a system where items deleted from inventory were lootable from corpses for 5 mins or somesuch to prevent this weaksauce "tactic".

This tactic is a proper and established tradition of military operation.  Many (most?) SOPs specify that if you know you're ***, then to destroy everything of value that you can before you go down.  Its awfully artificial to expect that to not be the case.

If your goal is really to recover loots and mined ore, bring enough alpha to one-shot the miner/farmer.

The Blind Bot -- watch your six, my aim aint so good these days!

I think anytime someone in a PvP corp attacks anyone else in the game, the person they attacked should lose control of their bot for 30 minutes. This should be more than enough time to take the bot back to a terminal and steal everything out of their private storage.

And for the carebears it's not like we know which terminal has your private storage, so stop QQing.

Maybe if you control someone enough times, you take over their account?

Oops, sorry...my sarcasm flag was still on. ><

Better yet, you should have the option of self-destructing on like a 5-10sec timer which would make it so you don't drop any loot at all.

Second option:  Don't blow at PvP.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Guess I grew up at some different game... nevermind.

Neoxx wrote:

Second option:  Don't blow at PvP.

Coming from you big_smile big_smile big_smile

If you want to encourage/allow attacking other players as a career (piracy), obviously the attacker needs to get something out of it. Put a limit on how fast you can trash objects or let trashed objects by lootable for X mins.

I dunno if piracy is supposed to be a legitimate career in this game though, just saying.

getting the loot from cargo can be motivating to pvp-ers (ex: you kill an arke with 100 kernels in cargo that is runing to the beta outpost to sell). why shouldn't the killer get the loot?

Littlealex wrote:

Better yet, you should have the option of self-destructing on like a 5-10sec timer which would make it so you don't drop any loot at all.

could be fun to watch hundreds of arkhes blowing themselves up for fun when they introduce this feature smile