Topic: Increase market order limit and increase order time

The current 1 (basic)/5(advanced)/10 (expert) is too low for marketing and purchasing. I suggest increasing this to 2/10/25.

The maximum time limitation of 30 days for an order makes it a big hassle to put up orders in remote locations. I suggest increase this to 90 days.

In short: Increasing this can only do the market good, and I don't see how it can cause anyone any harm.

Re: Increase market order limit and increase order time

I agree with OP 100%.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

I agree completely. In addition there needs to be a tool or extension to buy and sell "stuff" remotely, meaning not having to be in the same terminal as the "stuff".

The ones saying "impossible" shall not disturb the ones already doing it

Sid from mining wrote:

In addition there needs to be a tool or extension to buy and sell "stuff" remotely, meaning not having to be in the same terminal as the "stuff".

Agree.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … der-skill/

Well Sure!

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … der-skill/

Well Sure!

Seems my search for 'market order' missed that, but yeah, needs to be done!

+1 to skills that allows for more sell/buy orders to get a more active market smile

+1 I see this as only an improvement to the already limited marketing system, for the taxes involved in placing items on the market, there should be much bigger gains in convenience, if not most would just prefer to use trade.

RIP PERPETUUM

9 (edited by Goffer 2012-04-15 13:40:31)

That would mean, that you could have 370 buy/sell orders, which is quite a lot.

I agree that at the moment it would help to have more orders and longer duration but on long run I see a problem, as few good market guys could cover everything leaving to less niches for new traders.
Nevertheless the increase to 2 for basic sounds good to me.
And before increasing expert I would like to see a new skill (eg. professional) for 25.

Goffer wrote:

That would mean, that you could have 370 buy/sell orders, which is quite a lot.

I agree that at the moment it would help to have more orders and longer duration but on long run I see a problem, as few good market guys could cover everything leaving to less niches for new traders.
Nevertheless the increase to 2 for basic sounds good to me.
And before increasing expert I would like to see a new skill (eg. professional) for 25.

Why restrict trading?  If these people want to get into markets, guess what, they will under cut the competition and start market PVP.

All of which is a GREAT thing.  The more the better, after all this IS NOT free, it cost the player EP.

There are ZERO downsides to this, period.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

I suggest to decrease order time to 1 day. Players should play.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Hunter wrote:

I suggest to decrease order time to 1 day. Players should play.

Translation:

Hunter wrote:

I suggest you stop playing with hands growing from ***.

Back2Topic:
Actually i wonder why i need extensions for number of orders i can put up and taxes i have to pay. Taxes and Fees are something that the market owner or goverment control.
My Relation with those should be deciding factor on that.

The number of max orders should be something you buy for NIC from the station-owner (renting market slots).
Compare that with Ebay: it divedes between private persons, and comercial trader.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

13 (edited by Hunter 2012-04-16 12:16:31)

Annihilator wrote:

Trolololo

Actually i would like to see really live market. It's better to decrease order time to 1 day or week and introduce new feature - remote renewal of your orders with a some fee.

Also it would be wonderful to collect fee from each market operation. Ppl wanna play on market? - ok, they should spend some EP and money for it.

And this is really stupid when two competitors decreases prices for their orders by 0,01 nic.

Why the crybabies wins?

Just add another skill that gives +25 orders on each level, no need to change any existing code.

15 (edited by Lucius Marcellus 2012-04-16 14:00:16)

@Hunter: Complete rubbish, the market is in a dire state and the things you're suggesting would make it completely empty.

@Annihilator: There's already a fee for posting market orders (and a tax on sales), I don't see why we need more separate fees.

Adding a skill that adds +25 is fine for me as well (though I have  feeling introducing one 'master' skill might trigger discussion on introducing another tier for other extensions as well)

Lucius Marcellus wrote:

@Hunter: Complete rubbish, the market is in a dire state and the things you're suggesting would make it completely empty.

@Annihilator: There's already a fee for posting market orders (and a tax on sales), I don't see why we need more separate fees.

Adding a skill that adds +25 is fine for me as well (though I have  feeling introducing one 'master' skill might trigger discussion on introducing another tier for other extensions as well)

ppl have a problems with motivation. No reasons to come online and do something.

Why the crybabies wins?

+1 nerf hands growing from ***.  A master trade skill would help the market.  I remember filling my orders daily on the market.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Hunter,

Getting carpal tunnel putting up 500 sell orders every day over and over will not improve the market or the game.

I suggest we remove the market/trading from the game, should encourage people to online and get what they need themselves.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

19 (edited by Celebro 2012-04-16 17:19:23)

Sundial wrote:

I suggest we remove the market/trading from the game, should encourage people to online and get what they need themselves.

EDIT : Yeah good idea take our NIC too tongue

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Sundial wrote:

Are you sure about this? How does removal of market/trading improves on what we have already?. What about those that like the market/trading side of the game, they will all leave. Industrial players forced to join corps due to no compensation out of player corps. Might as well remove NIC whilst you are at it. This is a seriously bad suggestion.

Pretty sure Sundial was just employing an reductio ad absurdum argument to show how silly hunter's idea was.

Hunter - people need fun things to do to motivate them to log in, not mechanics which force them to repost all their market orders every day.

Bah, unfair you edited your post while I wrote my response Celebro! wink

Lucius Marcellus wrote:

Bah, unfair you edited your post while I wrote my response Celebro! wink

Oops my mistake wink

RIP PERPETUUM

Lucius Marcellus wrote:

Hunter - people need fun things to do to motivate them to log in, not mechanics which force them to repost all their market orders every day.

imho: There are enough environment, things, tools and fun in the game. Ppl leaving because of stupid nerf. Stupid nerfs because of whining stupid noobs with low skill in balance forums.

Personally me can't see any problem with market as it is now...

But i agree with point that need to adjust marketing skills.

Why the crybabies wins?

There is no fun in this game atm.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Hunter wrote:

And this is really stupid when two competitors decreases prices for their orders by 0,01 nic.

Even more stupid when I price match and come back 2 hours later and see the person I price matched from another location (Tellesis and Shinj) dropped their price 1 Nic.... Come on can you be more petty just pricematch, we both win. Or list 5-10 more of the item at a lower price and make me think its a third party. This is why I stopped seeding alot of items that my alt can produce. I saw an area that needs some items lets say T2 Light em guns, I produced 80 Listed 50 in Tellesis for 750k and 30 in ICSA for 750k with in 3 hours someone posted 200 for 500k in TMA.... ok I pull my advert and in ICSA and lower the price at tellesis to 500k, Hour later the TMA price is 499999. roll

Anyway BTT:

My market alt has max sell and buy orders and I've really only maxed out (no orders left) when the EVE exodus happened and thats because I couldn't keep ammo/Bots and T2 mods on the market. And setting up buy orders in all the mission hubs for ammo and recycled mats was too smart.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d