Re: Equipment insurance

N0 Clue wrote:

Don't fit wat you cant afford to replace.

If they put Insurance on Modules, then they might aswell change it so when you die, you don't lose your Bot, your Modules only take a slight Durability loss, and, you just respawn back at the Terminal, Bot, Modules, and all.

brainless answer

when you die, lose all your equip but get insurace - you get NIC to buy item from an Industrialist that builds the item.

when you die, dont lose your equip and just have to pay a few NIC to repair it - nothing has to be replaced, built or such.

use your brain before writing nonsense

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
N0 Clue wrote:

Don't fit wat you cant afford to replace.

If they put Insurance on Modules, then they might aswell change it so when you die, you don't lose your Bot, your Modules only take a slight Durability loss, and, you just respawn back at the Terminal, Bot, Modules, and all.

brainless answer

when you die, lose all your equip but get insurace - you get NIC to buy item from an Industrialist that builds the item.

when you die, dont lose your equip and just have to pay a few NIC to repair it - nothing has to be replaced, built or such.

use your brain before writing nonsense

I'm very aware of how Insurance works...

Maybe you need to look at the bigger picture of how this leads to "Carebearing" Having everything that you operate being Insured means you can basically replace it without a single teardrop. So it would completely throw the point of "Risk" out the window.

Maybe you need to read my other Post before making a stupid replay aswell.

N0 Clue wrote:

Can't say I agree with this. Thing that is good about Perp, as with Eve, is a mistake and loss, is something you want to try and avoid, and might even pay for if it does happen. If you could Insure your Bot, and everything that is fitted, then its kinda like playing any other MMO, where you can just run in and key mash without a care in the world if you live or die.

Not sure if a Corporation can actually Insure Bots aswell, but if they can, then this would definately be a bad idea. Corp PvP Gangs would have no meaning, cause the only damage that could be done, is a hassle of buying more Bots and Modules with the money they got back from the Insurance.

Solution: Don't die, be more Careful. If you do, then shrug it off cause atleast you did your best.

yeah... to replace something, you first need to have it availiable.

So you say, reducing the psychological barrier, that prevents many player from participating in PvP, would lead to carebearing?

I think your using the wrong word, since a "carebear" is usally someone who avoids PvP or robot loss at all costs, and thats why most player do this:

N0 Cloue wrote:

Solution: Don't die, be more Careful. If you do, then shrug it off cause atleast you did your best.

Translation wrote:

Solution: Do not stay on PvP-terrain without covering all directions with proximity probes, walls or arkhe scouts. Do not participate in PvP unless you think your group can beat down the opposing force with minimal losses. If you somehow explode, you will at least know where you have to increase your security

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

29 (edited by Ozy 2012-09-17 17:23:56)

wat ... how's that even supposed to work? just dont fly with stuff you cant replace. and the psychological barrier ... man, if you can only pvp if you are in t4 gear, then that's a problem. pvp is supposed to be fun. so fly what you can afford.

Also, the potential for abuse is absurdly high, and the benefit is .... marginal. I.e., insured items would drop as loot and thus 'generate' nic for all involved parties.

who said you get insurance paid for equip that dropped?

even reimbursement by DEVs ignores items that dropped in your loot-can.

Annihilator wrote:

who said you get insurance paid for equip that dropped?

even reimbursement by DEVs ignores items that dropped in your loot-can.

Anni, can you stop scarring the noobs away tongue

Celebro's body guard

It can be leading to carebearing due to the fact that people are wanting their items insured, so in the case of losing them, the income damage possibly done to you is reduced dramatically. The majority of excitement and reward for a kill or a loss would become more to the point of irrelevant. Nothing beats a kill that is a major loss to a player, especially if it's against a rival Corporation. But what reward would that give if everything was insured? The only reward given would be the person that died cause he knows basically has the NIC again to replace what he had.

33 (edited by Annihilator 2012-09-18 12:01:53)

you probably havent been in combat with big "rival corporations" yet.

If you think, that killing a single M2S or CIR T4 fit heavy mech would be a "major loss" for them because they do only get a marginal insurance payout from the robot - hmpf...

afaik, it could be compared to killing an npc observer... they just respawn infite times... and YOU are the one that will a major loss.

I really hope you like the current situation with almost no PvP (with some exeptions). The Game is 100% hardcore, which obviously doesnt attract player if its not fun for everyone.
Your argumentation is similar to the one i heard already 2 years ago from someone, who played the game with this principle:

Styx wrote:

my fun in this game, is to destroy the fun of others

and he was very good at it, until his permaban....

Your right, I havent done any PvP at all in Perpetuum yet, but I have done PvP in Eve, and HAVE lost ships worth Billions. I didnt cry over CCP to start insuring Modules due to the fact the total cost of them were so much more then the ship itself. I knew the consequences, and sure I wasn't impressed, but thats part of the game, and it's a part of it that I love, along with many others.

As for your comment about me wanting to "destroy" the fun of others for this game, is total bs. You are just completely missing 1 of the Major Aspects of this game that makes it so much different from other Games. "Your Loss, or the loss of others could have a effect on the Entire Game". Sure at the moment, with a low population, it's not going to have that much of an impact, but what about when Perp really does pick up to a point where this would pretty much destroy this concept?

I'm not at all against Perpetuum growing, but I don't believe taking a unique factor away from what it is, will improve on Memberbase. How many New Members do you know that go straight into PvP? They all Mission at the start, and with the new "Alpha 1's have no Aggression Mobs unless Attacked", then there should really be no reason to have this in the game to help put "Fun" in for New Members.

There are so many other things that can be changed, improved, and implemented in it to be more attractive to the New Members.

But everyone has different opinions of Games, and I'm not against that.

35 (edited by Kokomut 2012-09-18 14:35:47)

^ +1

Nice replies.. didnt read them all thought. Merkle, I understand your point very well and thought of it myself too but I took the Kain's price just as a reference on showing that an item worth 2.7m can be insured and an item worth 7m can not. This is also not a crythread about item prices, theres plenty of these and I have never participated in any of these, I am just pointing out that having an option to insure everything could be nice enhancement. Also, the payout should obviously not be nowhere close to 100%. wink

37 (edited by Lemon 2012-09-19 00:13:42)

Annihilator wrote:

If you think, that killing a single M2S or CIR T4+ fit heavy mech mk 2 would be a "major loss" for them because they do only get a marginal insurance payout from the robot - hmpf...

Fixed

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle