Topic: Just curious about what people want to see for pve

As the topic states. What kinds of things do people want to see done when it comes to pve content for Perpetuum.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Re: Just curious about what people want to see for pve

Don't much care as long as it doesn't interfere with the pvp aspect of the game such as :

PVE involvement with PBS/OP ownership
Arenas

To answer your question, I wouldn't mind seeing:

Additions to the token shop
More missions on alpha 2
Respawn rate of npc increased based on how quickly they are destroyed

Inappropriate signature.

I would like to see mechs form voltron and blow you up in one hit.  Then see him slowly decrease in HP every 8 hours.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Improve on the beacon mechanic (different / interesting waves). Currently officer beacons are rather underwhelming.
Better/desirable rewards for faction tokens (T4+ gear, better bots)
More/Tougher missions on Alpha 2
Spark Teleport (Both PvP/PvE feature but it would let PvPers PvE easier)
Missions that are not 90% travel time. I am tired of running back and forth back and forth instead of actually doing the missions. Make them longer and harder. This is my biggest problem with PvE missions at the momment
Gamma: I would like to see some new high end NPCs unlike in difficulty which we have ever seen before

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

I would like to see assignments that send you through their own TP to an instanced assignment that is a mini-island.

The devs can do a lot with instanced mini-islands.

Example:

Assigment tells you to go to X temp TP (can be the mobile TPs used for this feature). Once there, you teleport to the assignment instance. You have some objectives to complete. Number of objectives etc based on assignment level.

You can teleport back to the main islands anytime to get more ammo etc. But once you finish the assignment and turn it in, the instance is gone along with the temp TP.

This can help with giving the assignment system something that is much needed, i.e. story. Named Mechs that go with the story.

Overall I think it would bring some interesting pve content to the game.

6 (edited by Burial 2012-03-16 17:16:50)

I think alpha1, alpha2 islands should have something for every player type, so even a guy with one toon could head to alpha and he would have something worthwhile to do. As to what, really not hard to figure out, just brainstorm.

I like instanced mission areas idea a lot, they would fit very well to the alpha1/alpha2 islands.

Lots more Missions, all varients, including the Instanced variety

I think what is lacking mainly,  is on going activities to hold interest of the Alpha dwellers

No one wants to Grind Kernals/Plasma for Eleventy Billion hours straight
No one wants to Mine/Harvest for Eleventy Billion hours straight
No one wants to Hunt Artifacts for Eleventy Billion hours straight

Did I miss anything? besides the extremely limited Alpha mission count, that is all I can think of for activities

Created a simple image around the instanced mini-island idea for story based assignments and simple assignments too.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1-2O … 2JWP8/edit

Grem - i hope you remember the reason why we dont have instanced missions yet. The demand of a vocal minority that you can be killed or griefed in your instance by malicious players.

Instance based missions have been on the todo of the DEVs for a long time now.

to pick up skyllas comment:
There should be rewarding PvE without the risk of PvP.
->"rewarding" means "fun", "diversified" and "income".

btw:
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ndboxgame/

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

MonocleWinski wrote:

No one wants to Grind Kernals/Plasma for Eleventy Billion hours straight
No one wants to Mine/Harvest for Eleventy Billion hours straight
No one wants to Hunt Artifacts for Eleventy Billion hours straight

Did I miss anything? besides the extremely limited Alpha mission count, that is all I can think of for activities

I like mining for hours on end!  In a Sequer...with a small miner... in a remote hdt field..

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Annihilator wrote:

Grem - i hope you remember the reason why we dont have instanced missions yet. The demand of a vocal minority that you can be killed or griefed in your instance by malicious players.

Instance based missions have been on the todo of the DEVs for a long time now.

to pick up skyllas comment:
There should be rewarding PvE without the risk of PvP.
->"rewarding" means "fun", "diversified" and "income".

btw:
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ndboxgame/

Well, since Alpha is 100% safe. I don't see a reason not to do them. \o/ yikes

i want to see a difference in combat pve and industrial pve. atm the only difference is that ores do not shoot back...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

i want to see a difference in combat pve and industrial pve. atm the only difference is that ores do not shoot back...

+1

RIP PERPETUUM

Annihilator wrote:

So what is your idea?

15 (edited by Inda 2012-03-16 22:02:57)

I just copy paste this from the oldest topic:

last post
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … me/page/5/

(If anybody dont understand or interested, ask, I have more ideas, do PVE base like this make a new level of PVE ingame, like PVE history of Pereptuum...
now as i can see no PVE ingame)

I made my idea about what the DEVs can do for PVE:
here is the picture for:
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/120222/Perpetuum … es.hu_.png
I thinking about something what is bit dinamyc but a bit more interesting than existing missions and can be nearly automatic.
So my idea is DEV s should put Syndicaty Supply Stash (similiar with outposts) into Alpha Islands, and then make that stations alive.
Sometimes NPC -s will attack this station and the players can defense, if the NPC team reach the station the station lose stability (can be something similiar than beta outpost's now) when stability is reach the 50 % the station had "destroyed" after that some restrictions take effect the station.
Before destoyed, you can dock to station, and do some missions for Syndicate make some Arkhes, faction ammos, proximity probes, wall units ... so on and then the Syndicate pay you for that.
Others can hauling these supllys to the stations for also NIC and other rewards.
After destoyed status, these things cant reachable just defense the station and build it up again.
The building up need materials near the station somewhere and maybe can be some module for this Stations for the makers/manufacturers.
So this idea can cover all of gamestyle in alpha
for battle caracters: they can defense the stations sometimes a day (can be change this details: how many, what NPC-s) good rewards standind more NIC
for builders/makers: they can make things for Syndicate with good rewards/standings when station not destroyed, after when got destoyed they can make things for build up again the station
for haulers: they can hauling things to Outpost's/Terminal's from this station before not destroyed after bring some materials for rebuild
I like this, because bit more dinamy bit more interesting and make Snydicate a bit more alive for agents.

I would like ask the contras/pros from you.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

I would like PVE incursions, as after all we took these islands from the NPC to begin with. It is reasonable they will do some coordinated effort to get it back from us with sometimes limited success. Also, the back story needs more depth and current developments with tie-ins in the actual game in some form. There was a war going on before we arrived, but I see no sign of anything of it. Shifts in power outside the colonized/infected islands should bleed trough and affect NPC on all islands.

As for direct content, scouting missions using special mission teleport beacons to NPC inhabited islands to gather war intel and such would be nice. No way back, just Intel and scans in some missions (you loose your bot guaranteed!)

And rare, insanely strong NPCs that really require a group effort to bring down, but are worth a couple of failed attempts.

Inspiration wrote:

I would like PVE incursions, as after all we took these islands from the NPC to begin with. It is reasonable they will do some coordinated effort to get it back from us with sometimes limited success. Also, the back story needs more depth and current developments with tie-ins in the actual game in some form. There was a war going on before we arrived, but I see no sign of anything of it. Shifts in power outside the colonized/infected islands should bleed trough and affect NPC on all islands.

As for direct content, scouting missions using special mission teleport beacons to NPC inhabited islands to gather war intel and such would be nice. No way back, just Intel and scans in some missions (you loose your bot guaranteed!)

And rare, insanely strong NPCs that really require a group effort to bring down, but are worth a couple of failed attempts.

I agree and +1. More PVE faction tension could spice whole thing up quite a bit.

Bring back the golden triangle, seeing all those sequers moving about on alpha 1 really liven up the scene and it gave new player a good way to earn NIC.

RIP PERPETUUM

Well, speaking as a relatively new person that has missioned on two Alpha-1s and one Alpha-2, I see missions names in a series that may go up to "Name-X", implying perhaps 10 missions at that level (say, level 3).  I have yet to see more than 2 missions open up at the same time in L3 in a given division, by the time relation rewards for that level go down to near zero.  At the very least, I'd like to see 3 or 4 of each type of PvE mission: combat, gathering, production, transport-- per level, so that there is some way to at least achieve the Alpha cap to relations eventually.

The idea of Alpha style instances for PvE (see Gremrod's post) -- i.e. ones that do not support griefing others' missions-- also appeals to me.  PvE combat for PvE missions is fine.

Now I don't know what the PvE is like on Beta islands, but for those times when there isn't a good fight to be had, something similar for missions for Beta would also be good.  This possibly might not include the instances (since they'd be safe unless people not on your team could get in to gank you).  Mind you, I am assuming that the point of Beta is the higher-risk-higher-reward thing as in the other sandbox, and that it's expected that you can always be attacked (if I am wrong, then sorry).

Enough variety in mission types and destinations should prevent obvious chokepoints, where folks would just set up in gangs to gank someone trying to hand in a mission.  OTOH, "missioning groups" from corps all doing the missions together, with the option of turning it into a firefight if you spot some opposition, might give some added zest to Beta PvP as well.  Just make the mission deadlines long enough that pausing for fights won't necessarily bork the whole process.

Finally, I'd like to request that the mission text be proofread (I'd even volunteer to do it) for accuracy and perhaps even to advance the game concepts and backstory a little.

Gremrod wrote:

I would like to see assignments that send you through their own TP to an instanced assignment that is a mini-island.
Example:
Assigment tells you to go to X temp TP (can be the mobile TPs used for this feature). Once there, you teleport to the assignment instance. You have some objectives to complete. Number of objectives etc based on assignment level.
You can teleport back to the main islands anytime to get more ammo etc. But once you finish the assignment and turn it in, the instance is gone along with the temp TP.
This can help with giving the assignment system something that is much needed, i.e. story. Named Mechs that go with the story.

+1 this is great... Have the Alpha missions instanced to alpha instances. Leave the beta ones in beta just boost the profit and rep gain for beta missions to be alligned with risk. Also implement a faction mod shop where tokens are used to get maybe niani or t2+ gear maybe even t4+ for crazy amounts of tokens.

Another thing that I've stopped doing that most people also stoped doing,  back when you could do hauling missions "golden triangle" I would check the market for a possible quick buck by transporting mats from one location to another. I have 3 accounts all can drive sequer one can drive (lithus back then) scarab. hypothetically if i saw 3mill U of titan ore in ICS A that was 10 nic per unit cheaper than the highest buy order at TM A I would accept my missions buy up enough titan to fill my cargo then transport it to TM A and complete my missions and make a quick buck and stimulate the economy also fueling a industrialist while i was at it.

I also think that PVE/market relation would benifit from have a true Trading Hub and player contracts. Maybe a tax free syndicate island. Since it was mentioned that a syndicate area for tutorials was being looked at. Possibly make a small island in the center of the 3 Alpha1s for the tutorial missions and have that terminal offer no tax or lower tax but no bonuses to any of the facilities. That coupled with the possible introduction of player contracts would stimulate the economy and add a layer of missions (player made contracts) that would open the PVE world dramaticly imo.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Gremrod wrote:

Example:

That for me would be where I would like to see assignments end up. This would allow epic landscapes etc.

More long term ideas for me would be pvp missions, mining missions and building missions.

Pvp missions would be based around aspects of pvp such as suppress the target or demob the scout etc. Mining and building missions would mirror corp production. Rewards would be based around the kind of rewards you would get in corp.

For now I would like level 3 - 6 missions based on the artifact finding system. This would prevent ten guys doing multiple missions in once place and spread missioners out. I would like the rats to behave in much the same way as level 1 - 3 beacons.

Just to keep the skinner box going they would need to have a boss with tier 4+ stuff dropping a certain percentage of the time with proto T4+ items dropping in the magnitude of every 10k high level missions with an appropriate randomizer. If you get lucky, you get rich. Its the basis of both slot machines and good pve content big_smile.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I'd like to see the NPCs take over teleporters and use them to call in reinforcements to that area, while under NPC control the players wouldn't be able to teleport to that location. Depending on how long the teleporter has been under NPC control, the bigger group of players would be needed to liberate it.

23 (edited by Vehacan 2012-03-21 20:57:12)

Three things that would make pve more interesting:
- to hunt some moving (herds of) creatures, that roam on Nia
- assigments in buildings or caves with single or multiple levels to explore
- assigments in water in which you need diving equipment of some sort

i would like to be able to go out and do solo pve, with an income that would cover an eventual loss of my robot - no matter if i die to an npc or a passing pvp roam.

and the robot fit necessary for that should not depend on the best T4 defensive equip availiable ingame and the matching extensions.

basicly it should be possible from day 1 for any agent to make money and lose his robot without fear that he has to grind another day just to replace it. But at the same time, going out in a team should not skyrocket your profits...