Topic: New devblog: The road to PBS - Building and planning

The second part of our series about player-built settlements discusses the building process itself, and takes a look at how you will be able to plan a network of interconnected structures:

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … -planning/

2 (edited by Arga 2012-03-02 01:31:35)

Re: New devblog: The road to PBS - Building and planning

Consuming it now.. nom nom

Edit: You glossed over the destruction and unattended defenses. Next blog?

Mmm, devblog + coffie in the morning, what a great start of the day big_smile

If you are planning to introduce some extensions for the management of these structures, it would be nice to be personal extensions, not to be bound only to the CEOs of corporations.
Of course, the CEO or the Director may assign this role to a member of the corporation.

Making it by CEO limits how quickly those extensions can be maxmized. If you can assign the role to any player, then you'll advance all the new extensions to max at the same time, and likely to 10 (or by using 1 or 2 semi-hiberanted characters with saved EP).

tl;dr - Limiting PBS extensions to 1 character gates the deployment and in most cases will create decisions on where to spend EP first, which is good.

Extensions:
- industrial extension-level of your production officer defines which production facilities can be built
- KB of your production officer is usable by any1 with assigned roles in prototyping building
- IMHO with the obove, each "officer" should need to train a certain extension in corp management to provide those services within his PBS. perhaps one agent cannot provide all of them at once.

just a suggestion

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Really??? More timesink CEO skills is what you want out of PBS...............

NO NEW EXTENSIONS please.

Makes no sense to have extensions for that, and unless I missed something, it wasnt mentioned in the blog either smile
It just creates more problems than it solves, look at the issue with production within corps. As I understood the articles so far, it's all about beeing able to as a corp gather as much modules/resources as possible to gain a better base. And that seems like a pretty awesome system IMO big_smile

Limiting things by corporation and CEO EP is just annoying and not fun.  If it actually becomes important enough to have more than X of the limited item, people will use alts for the CEO character and make lots of alt corporations with blue standing.  This goes for both probes and PBS.  The only reason I have not done it for probes yet is that we don't even max out on our normal probe allowance.

+1
-Confucius

Baal wrote:

Makes no sense to have extensions for that, and unless I missed something, it wasnt mentioned in the blog either smile
It just creates more problems than it solves, look at the issue with production within corps. As I understood the articles so far, it's all about beeing able to as a corp gather as much modules/resources as possible to gain a better base. And that seems like a pretty awesome system IMO big_smile

Correct, extensions were never mentioned, and hopefully will never exist. The issue is the line I bolded. This doesn't work so well for high EP players in very small corps, hence the call for extensions from a couple guys.

This expansion looks lame.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.