Topic: decorative plants

so today i thought i'd spice up the scenery around my corps outpost and planted about 250 Quarmyra to create a "forest". it looked awsome.....for about 45 minutes, then the ghosts came and reaped-the-whirlwind on my forest. sad
are there special rules regarding planting certain plant types that the server will automatically wipe them, ie: a certain number per square km?, i planted them all on fertile ground (of course)

thanks

Re: decorative plants

please tell me u took a screen shot ?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

This is because when planting decorative plants they don't start off in a lower state (Quarmyra doesn't anyway) and they also don't block pass-ability.

Quarmyra and other plants need to start at a much lower growth stage, block pass-ability and generally be more awesome so that they last at least a few days.

certain plants cannot grow next to each other, or to close together (like in terraria, where you need to leave 3 blocks between acorn seed)  Quarmyra is probably one of it.

you know that rule from noralgis - which you need to leave at least one tile inbetween. noralgis also will die off next to triandlus.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

certain plants cannot grow next to each other, or to close together (like in terraria, where you need to leave 3 blocks between acorn seed)  Quarmyra is probably one of it.

you know that rule from noralgis - which you need to leave at least one tile inbetween. noralgis also will die off next to triandlus.

Would be nice if there was a way to get this data from the game (Without trial and error). The devs don't document things like this and patterns are easy to spot. We end up with lots of rumors and half truths about the way things work (Emergence of patterns can take a very long time). Then we have the player who are informed by outside sources and spread the rules of the games through whispers.

It's interesting. We have gods, prophets and followers. Perpetuum is a religion. yikes

I AM NOT A GM™

well - a weekly blog about "whats been said by DEVs on IRC" would probably boost the community knowledge too wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

well - a weekly blog about "whats been said by DEVs on IRC" would probably boost the community knowledge too wink

it could be called "the water cooler chat" tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue