26 (edited by Valkadesh 2010-12-02 07:13:15)

Re: This game is not for casual play, am I right?

Gremrod wrote:

To the OP. Remember it is a sandbox game. It is up to you how you play and what you want to achieve.

It is not about the awesome blue sword of might and magic... whatever etc that no one else has!

It is more about what you do with it.

But, right now solo will be harder until the game has been live for a bit. I would recommend playing with a corp.

That is true, but the more important question is, when it comes down to it, what is there to actually do? Sandboxes are great, but all the flexibility in the world doesn't help if all it does is give you a million different ways to accomplish the same single thing. Keeping in mind that different people=different motivations, which knocks down a lot of "things to do". As a general rule, I couldn't give two *** about isk in Eve. Took at least 80% of the game out of it for me right there.

Hello there ,.
It can be casual and solo friendly game; if you dont panic for being the top player ofc.
You can compete, and definettly make money playing no more than 3 or 2 h a day,. I hited 4 KK last night, and i am not a economic geek (calculator?).
BUT have to be realistic, target your oportunities wisely and dont worry over the big guys (you wont be the 1ºst one making big money selling Sequers at 6 KK); maybe you have acomplished more without any help, corps are pefect shelter for unskilled players. big_smile
PS. I have nothing against corps, and deffinetlly, solo players dont play alone, just dont have a clan.

a solo player can do many thing to enjoy the game and progress.

assignements
send his services has a protector, miner, hauler,....
explorer and reference every NPC on all island and provide the map to the community
explorer and reference every ressources on all island and provide the map to the community
farm NPC
form ressources

it's all up to you

and for the rest Perpetuum is a young MMO, let him grow up a little

You know I was wondering if a person or a few people can do a merc service for protection to miners that want to mine in beta islands...  Think the business would work?

Plisko wrote:

You know I was wondering if a person or a few people can do a merc service for protection to miners that want to mine in beta islands...  Think the business would work?

Not right now IMO -- the pirate corps wouldn't be strong enough or big enough to handle the patrols.

How would they guarantee safety? If miners lose a ship, does it come out of your check? If so, what if the cost of losses exceed your fee?

Hah I just popped the question, the details not sure.. LOL  Could be a percentage of load mined, so it's win win.  Though the protectors loosing a mech would be much more costly I would think.  It's not guaranteed safety, but at least you know you have backup as a miner.  The Protectors might have to make some back hand deals with the common pirate corps to keep off while they are working the area.. LOL

Not sure if it would work, but was wondering if anyone has ever tried that...

Valkadesh wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

To the OP. Remember it is a sandbox game. It is up to you how you play and what you want to achieve.

It is not about the awesome blue sword of might and magic... whatever etc that no one else has!

But, right now solo will be harder until the game has been live for a bit. I would recommend playing with a corp.

That is true, but the more important question is, when it comes down to it, what is there to actually do? Sandboxes are great, but all the flexibility in the world doesn't help if all it does is give you a million different ways to accomplish the same single thing. Keeping in mind that different people=different motivations, which knocks down a lot of "things to do". As a general rule, I couldn't give two *** about isk in Eve. Took at least 80% of the game out of it for me right there.

More tools in the sandbox will take care of this... The core is here. The Developers will give us more tools. The tools will help you choice a path of your own.

I am sure they will not be a single end game point for everyone.....

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

33 (edited by CenDre 2010-12-03 00:10:42)

Gremrod wrote:

OHHH damn your in m2s ...i'm not gona watch any more of your You Tube videos. ***shaked fist***

you have a walid point atm i like the game but i have had to grind since monday  for like 6 to 8 hrs a day to be able to get an assault.  My corp mates in eve dont appreciate this because i was supposed to come back and relaunch a 0.0 campaign sad.

when i koined beta for po i suspended all my eve accts. they can miss me all they want. anyhow. this is not like wow. not gonna hit lvl 70 in 3 days . gonna take a long time to develop a char that will be effective at what u want.. be itu play 3 hrs a day or 10. in 3 months u both gonna have the same ep . jus depends how u spend it. the one thing i have noticed is that u will nodoubt make more nic if u stay out of pvp atm. it is pretty much a mony pit this early on. replacing bot after bot nd not having time for much else because of intrusions every frkin day . btu thats another story for another post. cya ingame.