1 (edited by Sundial 2012-02-15 20:32:49)

Topic: New Combat Modules

First off, I know the devs are hard at work working on PBS/Terraforming.

Our choices in modules are still rather limited, and I have only seen 1 new bot and no new modules in the 1/2 year that I have been playing perpetuum.

Some ideas to shake up Perpetuum and add much more interesting fitting to the equation:

a. Active speed modules - Like LWF, these would increase your speed at the cost of fitting / accumulator usage. Could come in different flavors. They could come in different flavors with different drawbacks / limitations.

1. Overdrive (Active - Bottom) - This module gives you a large boost in speed but does damage to your bots armor. Has high fitting requirements. Also uses a good bit of accumulator

2. Hydrolic Injector System (Active - Bottom) - Increase speed at the cost of accumulator
. Mid range fitting requirements, mid boost to speed.

3. Hyrdraulic Upgrade (Passive - Bottom) - Gives a set boost to speed (10kph-15kph). No fitting requirements. No drawbacks. Gives less speed than a compareable tier LWF.

b. General purpose modules - Modules with a variety of different bonus, usually affecting a category of stats. Something you would want to throw on your bot if you had the extra fitting or needed a boost in a specific area. These will have higher fitting requirements than normal modules, but allow you to free up slots at the cost of cpu/reactor. T1-T2 modules will have less bennefit than the modules they replace, but cost the same. T3/T4 will have the same/more bennefit but cost alot more.

1. Armor Hardener (Active - Bottom) - Gives bonuses to all damage resists and increases HP. Also gives bonus to armor ammount / repaired ammount / repair time / reduces accumulator usage of repairers. Requires accumulator, but does not weight much at all.

2. Shield Booster (Active - Bottom) - Gives shield bonus to all damage resists. Increases accumulator size. Uses accumulator to run.

3. Damage Amplifier (Active - Top) - Gives bonus to all damage types, critical percentage, and explosion size/dispertion. Reduces cycle time as well. Uses accumulator to run.

4. Accumulator Upgrade System (Passive - Bottom) - Gives bonus to recharge time and recharge ammount. Also increases the range at which recharge is at 100%. Also gives a small bonus to energy injector charges.

5. Tactical Configuration Array (Active - Top). Gives bonus to locking range/locking time as well as optimal range. Uses a good bit Accumulator to run.

c. Specific damage shield hardeners - Along with reballance of the shield conversion ratio system.

1. Remove shield hardeners as we know them, add specific damage types in their place. These will be passive but are much more powerful. This will remain as top slots.

2. Show charge status of shielded bots accumulator you have targetted, also show how much damage you do to its accumulator.

Currently pretty much every fit besides one you undock under and outpost / use at an internal teleport has a T4 lwf fitted to it.

I think this leads to boring fitting options and fights that are not long enough. The solution to this is the velocity modules that I mentioned in my post, which give bots bonus to velocity without reducing their effective HP, but having other drawbacks. This will lead to much more interesting engagements / fitting. I am tired of this LWF spamming. More options means more tactics and more interesting engagements.

Thank you.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Re: New Combat Modules

Sundial wrote:

First off, I know the devs are hard at work working on PBS/Terraforming.

Our choices in modules are still rather limited, and I have only seen 1 new bot and no new modules in the 1/2 year that I have been playing perpetuum.

Some ideas to shake up Perpetuum and add much more interesting fitting to the equation:

a. Active speed modules - Like LWF, these would increase your speed at the cost of fitting / accumulator usage. Could come in different flavors. They could come in different flavors with different drawbacks / limitations.

1. Overdrive (Active - Bottom) - This module gives you a large boost in speed but does damage to your bots armor. Has high fitting requirements. Also uses a good bit of accumulator

2. Hydrolic Injector System (Active - Bottom) - Increase speed at the cost of accumulator
. Mid range fitting requirements, mid boost to speed.

3. Hyrdraulic Upgrade (Passive - Bottom) - Gives a set boost to speed (10kph-15kph). No fitting requirements. No drawbacks. Gives less speed than a compareable tier LWF.

b. General purpose modules - Modules with a variety of different bonus, usually affecting a category of stats. Something you would want to throw on your bot if you had the extra fitting or needed a boost in a specific area. These will have higher fitting requirements than normal modules, but allow you to free up slots at the cost of cpu/reactor. T1-T2 modules will have less bennefit than the modules they replace, but cost the same. T3/T4 will have the same/more bennefit but cost alot more.

1. Armor Hardener (Active - Bottom) - Gives bonuses to all damage resists and increases HP. Also gives bonus to armor ammount / repaired ammount / repair time / reduces accumulator usage of repairers. Requires accumulator, but does not weight much at all.

2. Shield Booster (Active - Bottom) - Gives shield bonus to all damage resists. Increases accumulator size. Uses accumulator to run.

3. Damage Amplifier (Active - Top) - Gives bonus to all damage types, critical percentage, and explosion size/dispertion. Reduces cycle time as well. Uses accumulator to run.

4. Accumulator Upgrade System (Passive - Bottom) - Gives bonus to recharge time and recharge ammount. Also increases the range at which recharge is at 100%. Also gives a small bonus to energy injector charges.

5. Tactical Configuration Array (Active - Top). Gives bonus to locking range/locking time as well as optimal range. Uses a good bit Accumulator to run.

c. Specific damage shield hardeners - Along with reballance of the shield conversion ratio system.

1. Remove shield hardeners as we know them, add specific damage types in their place. These will be passive but are much more powerful. This will remain as top slots.

2. Show charge status of shielded bots accumulator you have targetted, also show how much damage you do to its accumulator.

Currently pretty much every fit besides one you undock under and outpost / use at an internal teleport has a T4 lwf fitted to it.

I think this leads to boring fitting options and fights that are not long enough. The solution to this is the velocity modules that I mentioned in my post, which give bots bonus to velocity without reducing their effective HP, but having other drawbacks. This will lead to much more interesting engagements / fitting. I am tired of this LWF spamming. More options means more tactics and more interesting engagements.

Thank you.

Did someone kill sundial and steal his account?  The Sundial I know would never put forth such unoriginal ideas.

Not the mention the run boost mod as be around and around and around and around and around on the forums for ages.
All you want to do is basically make every passive mod in the game, have a active counter part.  Not really great ideas that I'm seeing.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Re: New Combat Modules

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:

Did someone kill sundial and steal his account?  The Sundial I know would never put forth such unoriginal ideas.

Not the mention the run boost mod as be around and around and around and around and around on the forums for ages.
All you want to do is basically make every passive mod in the game, have a active counter part.  Not really great ideas that I'm seeing.

No, thats not what I suggested.

I suggested making hybrid multi purpose modules. Not simply replacing passive ones with active ones.

So what you are saying is if there is a passive module with a certain affect, no other module can ever have that affect.

You obviously didn't read the whole post.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.