Topic: please reduce plasma costs and u

Dear devs,

Please reduce bomb costs and u and take the decay off.  One it will stop the QQ and it will open up more small roaming pvp.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: please reduce plasma costs and u

+1
Watching the unintended consequences may be fun yarr

+1
-Confucius

i want to be able to strap bombs onto my bots & mechs yarr

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

make new cheap (made in china) ones that have a random warm up between 1 and 30 seconds.  I think that would liven up the day   smile

+1

Now that I am on a computer and not my *** phone let me elaborate some more. 

1.  Kudos, for sticking this wall thing out and not ninja pulling it like probes.

2.  Walls:  We have an easy fix that both sides could very very make both happy.  EITHER Lower the cost of the bomb were it still takes 10U but costs 250K (500K to take a wall down) but still requires a bot big enough to haul it in OR Make it expensive and relatively small.  Instead of 10 U reduce it 1 U and keep it ats its current price. 

3.  Your population is not big enough to support these kinds PBS structures properly.  I know some rationalization on your side of the fence is that we have X number of alliances who go on the offensive and battle it out everyday for kills and awesome mech on mech action.  Won't mind grabbing 10 of these things and dropping an inter island teleport to battle it out. 

--The problem with this is simple If Alliance X brings more then Alliance Y, then Alliance Y docks up.  As history has shown time and time again its not who is the most tactful or has the best ideas who win here, its who we can befriend the most and how many can you bring.

--With walls a group that is designed for hit and run has a few choices for fighting out numbered. 
A.  Jump in an unscouted gate drop a detector, drop teleport scout various internals, go in for a quick hit on a possible miner, drop another teleporter and then try to leave.  Before a Screaming fleet who just undocked from terminal runs on top of you.
B.  Come in through a gate run to a wall where a signal detector a few 100 meters off the wall sees you and wait for the slew of plated mechs that drop in the teleport behind you and since walls have so much health AND can't be targetted you get stuck.

So whats happening now in Nia?

We have an Alliance that is staying inside of a Beta Terminal and harrassing another Alliance round the clock on an Island. (Thats a whole nother idea about what the hell anyone want to say something about balance in this game?)

We have log off traps becoming increasingly prevelent.

We see gangs of 16+ rolling into an island that have to bring logistic support and sequers with bombs.  Ok I'm not going to knock blob warfare via strategy to get pvp.

Now rationalize to me how an 1 Alpha corp who is not affiliated in an alliance is to move to Beta with out shadey backhand "behind closed door" arrangements with current Beta island owners?

Even furthermore you wanted to see more Beta and Alpha interaction with removing titan from Beta, but now what you really have done is shifted wealth atm.  The most profitable line of work in Nia is mining Epi.  The people feeding the epi market are no longer that lone termis ninja mining his face off till he gets caught by a  roaming group, it is now the fortified holders of the land behind their 3 detectors and lines of walls.

You can't tell me if your a pvper you enjoy the wall mechanic as is?  I enjoyed roaming in this game, now I only get a shot at roaming when 15 people login at once and chase after the fleeing tarpie.

Here's why:

Currently, it cost significantly more to destroy walls than to build them.  Reducing costs will make it easier to sustain high amount of bombing, and make it significantly harder to keep replacing walls.  Currently, they are expensive enough that there has to be a significant reason to utilize a large number of them.

However, yes, reducing the u may be a good idea, down to 5u instead of 10.

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

8 (edited by Annihilator 2012-02-13 22:52:52)

... you can still use interference beacons for many walls. LoS fix was a joke that made them just... unusable for what they are intended, and didnt prevent usage for killing walls...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

first: all you complain is that you can no longer gank miners.

sorry but its a poor thing to gank someone that can not defend anyway. and in most cases in the old system they were just prey with litte chance of survival at all. even with some detectors. because 2 mins are a realy long time. and a small roaming gang could be everywere in that time.

now the miners have a chance to defend assivly. so they can get save (log out or tele beacon) in most cases before you can breach the wall. well i think thats good.

on the other hand i dont like it either that entire islands get walled off completely. kilometer long walls everywere. artifact scanning is no more an option because your movement ways have been tribled at best.

the problems are not the walls that protect the miners. the problems are the walls that block the hole islands.
if you want a fight then come to have a fight. not to gank something that can not shoot back.

so for your post its still a
wrong intentions, wrong reasons. but a +1 that some thing is wrong with the walls.

Syrissa wrote:

first: all you complain is that you can no longer gank miners.

sorry but its a poor thing to gank someone that can not defend anyway. and in most cases in the old system they were just prey with litte chance of survival at all. even with some detectors. because 2 mins are a realy long time. and a small roaming gang could be everywere in that time.

now the miners have a chance to defend assivly. so they can get save (log out or tele beacon) in most cases before you can breach the wall. well i think thats good.

on the other hand i dont like it either that entire islands get walled off completely. kilometer long walls everywere. artifact scanning is no more an option because your movement ways have been tribled at best.

the problems are not the walls that protect the miners. the problems are the walls that block the hole islands.
if you want a fight then come to have a fight. not to gank something that can not shoot back.

so for your post its still a
wrong intentions, wrong reasons. but a +1 that some thing is wrong with the walls.

This post is not about ghanking miners.  If your  on beta and get killed its your own fault for not using detectors.

Ville wrote:

We have an Alliance that is staying inside of a Beta Terminal and harrassing another Alliance round the clock on an Island.

Who is harrassing you Ville? I'll come help. smile

Because the voices told me to do it.

I Live in Tellesis ^^

Lupus Aurelius wrote:

Here's why:

Currently, it cost significantly more to destroy walls than to build them.  Reducing costs will make it easier to sustain high amount of bombing, and make it significantly harder to keep replacing walls.  Currently, they are expensive enough that there has to be a significant reason to utilize a large number of them.

However, yes, reducing the u may be a good idea, down to 5u instead of 10.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … l-changes/

less U and less NIC