Topic: NPCs Spawns - Extra Timer

Yes, it'll be about chaining, THAT chaining.

Dynamic spawns right know:
Assume you have a group of npcs. When you kill few of them (not all) they don't respawn, you need to kill whole spawn and then pray to rand() to get decent spawn after that (you need to wait whole 1 min - srsly that's a lot). Problem here, imo, is that this also can be used to semi-clear the passage leaving only 1/2 npcs.

Now lets consider adding extra respawn timer.
Each npc in that group has it's own respawn timer (shorter than group respawn timer). After you kill npc, but you will not finish the whole group fast enough to triger the group respawn timer, it will respawn.

Yes, that timer will allow players to chain the npcs they want. You'll be able to choose if you want to kill specific type of npcs or you want to fight various types + get elite spawns.

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

Re: NPCs Spawns - Extra Timer

I liked the introduction of dynamic spawns, BUT what dans says i have to agree with. farming NPCs is something i no longer do. why? b4 i was able to go to the spawns i wanted to coz i knew what they dropped & needed those items.

Now it takes far longer ( i never farm for plasma / nic) to be able to chain a spawn if i wanted to would make farming for me worth it again.

^^ this is just the situation for me & im sure others will love the randomness... i do to but some times i dont tongue

+1

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

ähm, what would be the reason for a game to give players the ability to spawn the "npcs they want" in such a manner?

can i please spawn diablo 100 times in a row at the stony fields please - its so much hassle to go throu random CS npcs all the time...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Tell ya what...lets just rename the game Eve.  Will that do?

As that's basically what your asking for.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Annihilator wrote:

ähm, what would be the reason for a game to give players the ability to spawn the "npcs they want" in such a manner?

can i please spawn diablo 100 times in a row at the stony fields please - its so much hassle to go throu random CS npcs all the time...

Reason? To make the gameplay more enjoying, to be able to get the tech faster, to make farming npcs less annoying, want more?

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

Beacons already offer this feature, not continually and at an additional cost, but you can choose your NPC types.

Random spawns generate NIC from plasma and random items, while beacons generate NIC, specific items, and possible more beacons (althouogh escalation seems very low).

What additional niche would making random spawns less random fill? Maybe the beacon system needs some adjusting instead?

mmmmmm bacon

1. why would they speed up tech gain?
2. for me npcing is anoying because im facing the same ncps all the time in the same location - and because i have to loot each container manually, which is a bit of a pain with a long range focused Robot... and lone tanking is no option either.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

npc farming is always boring.. the real fun i have in perpetuum when doing pve is observer hunting... now thats fun!

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

npc farming is always boring.. the real fun i have in perpetuum when doing pve is observer hunting... now thats fun!

you mean shooting with missiles at strong npcs that stay behind a wall and do not shoot back since they don't fire into obstacles anymore?

Annihilator wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

you mean shooting with missiles at strong npcs that stay behind a wall and do not shoot back since they don't fire into obstacles anymore?

Working as intended ?