Topic: Change the focus of mining

Mining is enjoyable here in Perpetuum but I feel there is too much focus on alts for mining.
It would be nice if mining characters were still important but rather than 10 mining accounts to strip a field we need to do something more active but more rewarding.

Unless you have 2+ accounts there is little point to mining as once a location is found (Which isn't too hard to do) it's there forever. It would be nice if minerals moved around more and if mining them required the miner to be active but also gain a much higher yield.

I also think mineral weights should be reduced further or mining robots should have some sort of compression to minerals so that one load of minerals is enough to make something. A lot of mining is the time to take it out of the ground (More alts = better) and the time it takes to haul (More alts = better). Scanning down mineral locations is a job one dedicated person can do and the information can be used by everyone in the corp meaning it doesn't need alts.

I'm not sure how to get about changing any of this but I would like to think that more accounts should have a limit at how effective they are. I'd prefer to see large mining gangs improve efficiency with better organisation than total yield.

Re: Change the focus of mining

+1111!

I'm not mining myself, but what you're suggesting would bring mining closer to artifact scanning, which I love because you have to run around the whole world and not just sit at one spot for hours/days.

while a change to mining would be nice (tho not high on my personal hit list for the game) i do like that i can mine while doing other things IRL.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

I think as a solo miner that the scarab helps as its less hauling journeys. I personally couldn't stand mining in Steve but I quite like it here, that said I think it could be made more active certainly liquids are pretty easy.

That said its kinda dangerous to make everything in game a struggle. You want some things to be able to be done while eating dinner or talki.g to the wife :-)

I wouldn't want to change mining majorly, I just think it would be a little less alt spammed. We might even see the market rises to a level where one miner makes the same money as one combat character.. Though it's unlikely.

Does make you wonder where all the extra NIC must go.

My only complaint with mining is the mad dash to get the hauler to the can before it expires.  If the cans had a longer timer then it wouldnt be such a worry

atm on walls. I've found as a solo guy with around ten hours playtime that its pretty hard being self sufficient. that's with two five second rivelers and a good proto char too.

Jelan wrote:

My only complaint with mining is the mad dash to get the hauler to the can before it expires.  If the cans had a longer timer then it wouldnt be such a worry

+1000 to this!
Why is it such a short timer?

Jelan wrote:

^^ this it means if u mine far out from a station you must have an alt to hold your can open.

+1 for longer times for field cans

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue