Topic: Can i have my money back >?

I would like all of the NIC returned from the recent wall testing that was done. I say testing because when the walls were deployed they were advertised as permanent features that we as players could purchase and deploy out to the terrain. Now they are not permanent or persistent as they will destroy themselves after a short period of time. I can assure you if the “Defensive Wall Unit” was released as not persistent then I would have not purchased a single one as there would be no point in deploying them. I have spent hours upon hours designing and deploying these items, hours that are now gone because of the changes made to make these items degrade.   

And I quote

Defensive walls===
The first herald of persistent player-built structures is here! Defensive wall units can be deployed from your cargo onto the ground (beta islands only), and with time they will grow into full-fledged sturdy walls, mainly used for territorial defense.

A special wall compiler module is also available, to speed up the relatively slow "natural" growth of walls - if you have the NIC to spend on the required charges. There are some special rules for building walls too: 1 wall unit can have up to 3 neighbouring walls (diagonal doesn't count), and an area of 21 by 21 tiles can only contain a maximum of 95 wall units. Ah, the mysteries of Hungarian maths. 

I ask and urge you to refund all purchases made for:

Defensive Wall Unit
Wall Compiler Charges
Standard wall compiler module

As it stands without refunding the NIC spent on these items you are essentially deleting my NIC from the game without me even having a choice about it.

If I had the choice to deploy walls knowing they would degrade overtime then I would not have anything to complain about. But you told me at the time of purchase [one week ago] these items would last FOREVER unless destroyed by another player.

I can deal with people shooting and bombing my walls that’s expected. I can deal with the change. I cannot deal with and will not deal with being misled and tricked by developers.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Re: Can i have my money back >?

+1

yes devs please consider the amount some of us have paid in hard-earned nic. i spent a LOT of time farming the nic i gave to the corp for these walls, it wasn't easy to earn this nic, when the walls were introduced & we were putting up our defences at our outpost, i all of a sudden got a thrill of excitement for playing the game again, now that i see we won't be able to sustain the walls, that excitement has started to disappate.

either revert to advertised walls plz, or...
refund nic for walls/compilers purchased please or....
instute some other change that will minimize the losses incurrec while buying/placing the walls the last week.

They degrade so slowly.  If you want benefits of noralgis, you have to maintain them. 

Roads in real world need maintained too.

If you build mega walls and want the benefit of the walls, you should have to maintain them.

For the record, I dislike all the walls at this point.  I've hated the walls on Hersh and their limiting me where i can go in so many ways.  I especially hate the walls now since I can remember when the "small" islands were open and free for movement.

All "your" assets and NIC belong to AC, so you can't have them back NOR you can have any.

+1 to topic

Edison wrote:

They degrade so slowly.  If you want benefits of noralgis, you have to maintain them. 

Roads in real world need maintained too.

If you build mega walls and want the benefit of the walls, you should have to maintain them.

For the record, I dislike all the walls at this point.  I've hated the walls on Hersh and their limiting me where i can go in so many ways.  I especially hate the walls now since I can remember when the "small" islands were open and free for movement.

/sarcasm on
What? Internet police!!! OMG first off this isn't an earth based game.... My Argano won't Freaking rust if I leave it out in the rain for 2 weeks, Secondly these walls have nano bots living in them and were ment to be persistant.
/sarcasm off
+1 to topic only thing to do now is rollback the whole system again. same with the original proxy detects.... I also spent alot of nic thinking that I could build some back up defences on Dom come back every few weeks patch some holes and be done. Now with out me babysitting my walls they are going to "melt"?
I like opening poster would have never dumped any nic in to my project if i would have thought it would need an up keep.

Honestly this is cramping my solo gameplay style anyhow. The Lobo is now on endangered animal lists all over Nia.... Dread my fellow solo pvper/scout you can just fall in to the mindless blob like all the rest.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

+1 Give back our money.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

8 (edited by Dan 2012-02-09 14:55:04)

+1, right now walls are for griefing...

Jelan wrote:

-1 to whiny little beatches lol

Lucky you, you didn't spend few B NIC on walls,  so you don't feel *** smile

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

waaa waaa waaa if the devs refund this then they set a president for the future. And possibly the past.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

waaa waaa waaa if the devs refund this then they set a president for the future. And possibly the past.

ur an idiot they already refunded nic before when the probe were taken out. as usual running ur mouth and not knowing what ur talking about

We are playing chess and the rest of perp is playing checkers.   http://stringcan.com/wp-content/uploads … 80x305.jpg     
http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkore321/videos

11 (edited by Ville 2012-02-09 16:14:33)

I don't want my money or the corps money back for the walls.  I just wanted more epi within my walls sad

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

I don't want my money or the corps money back for the walls.  I just wanted more epi within my walls sad

From now on your name shall be FarmVille!

LOL I like it!

Its Copywrit Ville!
But everyone else is going after Zygna, so you can probably use it while they are distracted smile

At what point is a change significant enough to warrent a refund?

Balfizar wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

ur an idiot they already refunded nic before when the probe were taken out. as usual running ur mouth and not knowing what ur talking about

Probes were taken out of the game completely, walls were not, but well done for calling someone out on not knowing what they are talking about while getting it wrong yourself.................

When your thought you had MRE's but get banana's instead; that is something that is expected to last until its used versus something that needs to be used quickly before it goes bad. Permanent vs. Perishable is a big change.

The NIC amount isn't even the issues, its the maintaince, which is why they put the decay in. That is, the feature didn't just change the cost of the item, it completely changed the way that walls will be used, which is what AC intended.

It would probably be OK, to simply return the wall and charge units to inventory, so that they can be reused under the new mechanic.

Ill bet even more SAPs get taken and fought after now that walls are in..............................

Walls should have some sort of upkeep to them.  Walls provide a great benefit to beta island stations....everyone wants them but don't want to give the time and money to upkeep.  If you don't want walls, then let them degrade and everyone can run all over your island with no worry of walls.

Lonwolf
NSE
"What we do in life, echoes into eternity!" --Gladiator

Balfizar wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

ooow some one is a little testy. Just take a few deep breaths & say" Its just a game & doesnt really matter"

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

21 (edited by Supremacy 2012-02-09 23:27:26)

The upkeep change isnt the problem.

The problem is the 2+ Billion spent on walls and wall items with the expectation that they would do what they said they would do.

The upkeep change is a good change, but the week of testing was done on the wallets and backs of only a few.

Those few would probably plan and design much differently knowing there was decay or just loss of those items in about 30 days.

Most of the people here never even placed a wall unit nor did they see what some of the other players put together.

Lonwolf wrote:

Walls should have some sort of upkeep to them.  Walls provide a great benefit to beta island stations....everyone wants them but don't want to give the time and money to upkeep.  If you don't want walls, then let them degrade and everyone can run all over your island with no worry of walls.

Supremacy wrote:

The upkeep change isnt the problem.

The problem is the 2+ Billion spent on walls and wall items with the expectation that they would do what they said they would do.

The upkeep change is a good change, but the week of testing was done on the wallets and backs of only a few.

Those few would probably plan and design much differently knowing there was decay or just loss of those items in about 30 days.

Most of the people here never even placed a wall unit nor did they see what some of the other players put together.

Lonwolf wrote:

We all placed wall tiles, but we decided we wouldn't completely abuse a wall building mechanic because we all knew it would get nerfed.  Stop crying about your pathetic nic accounts, adept and move along or you can form a petition. Lol!

can i haz the money and NIC i have spent on

1. lvl1 Interference Extensions (420 EP, forgot how much NIC)
2. 3 interference beacons (each 75k NIC)
3. 800 charges thermal medium Laser Ammo.
4. ~10Minutes of gametime to test Wall-shooting with the Equip above.

It got "fixed" with yesterdays patch...

disclaimer: this is not a serious post, really...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Corporation CHAOS still waiting for reimburcement. We agreed to remove all walls.

See you all in WoT. Sorry I gave all my stuff cept my farming gear back to corp already. o/ Have fun with the magical dildo walls don't get them to hard or they will go soft.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d