Topic: Walls on Map

1. They do not show up on Radar if you are not zooming in enough

2. They disappear from global map as you leave the island they are on.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: Walls on Map

1. Because walls are only 1 pixel but highlighting them should be made clearer.

2. Walls don't seem to cache or store. I noticed this about the radar if you dock and deploy again. (Feature?)

I AM NOT A GM™

They appear on the radar when you are less than 1km away from them. They stay on your radar even if you leave the 1km radius) untill you log off/dock up/jump to another zone.

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

If.. I mean when ... terraforming is added, I suspect that passable terrain map will have the same thing happen, it loads the standard map, and updates it when you get close enough.

with either feature, it means you can't jump in and map your paths, you'll have to actually drive it.

Fog of war.

storing it on the Map is win/lose, since walls can be destroyed and moved between visits. But being able to send over a recon, and then share a Map (which updates radar with option selected) would be interesting.

no arga - there is no "standard map" - terraforming changes will be updated when you get in range - and it will stay.

walls are "Plants", something on terrain that isnt saved locally on your HD yet.

also noticed - the worldmap does not auto-update with walls you discover. you have to reopen it to get an update. even if you leave an island with walls, with the worldmap minimized, the wall lines wont disappear until you close it and reopen again.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

So, are you saying that walls should stay on the world map, until you revisit the area and update them? Sort of like geoscan results, but without all the clicking?

Maybe I'm totally confused, but the World map doesn't show any of the walls on Kent while I'm in the station.

undock, roam around to reveal some walls, then open worldmap, minimize it and dock again wink

Ah, dock minimized and not closed. Thanks smile

Saving the plant layer was disabled for debugging purposes (and it didn't make much sense anyway) - we'll add it back in the next patch if it works stable.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

if possible, garg - consider this one too:
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ap-filter/

its already impossible to open map, close it, open it again several times in a very short timeframe.