Topic: Ammo reloading

I am not sure if this has be brought up, but is the reason when ammo reloads it reloads all available into the first slot and then works its way down the line? Would it not be better to load all slots equally?

Re: Ammo reloading

I think the issue is that when you reload all weapons it treats each weapon individually rather than a whole set. It would be very complicated to add checks on available ammo and number of guns reloading at the same time but it is possible (Because it can be written it can be programmed even if it's complicated)

It would be nice if Reload All and Reload were handled differently and this is really down to Gargaj. I challenge Gargaj to come up with a system where reload all can reload all weapons evenly with the remaining ammo available.

Shouldn't be too hard.

I AM NOT A GM™

Drag ammo from cargo to a particular slot.
Then when ammo is low you can split stack in cargo and drag.

If the cargo stack is more than module capacity then default load to full. That would make choosing the correct geo-scanner charge when surveying much nicer and switching damage type less fiddly too.

would need to also handle situations where different weapons and ammo types are being used at the same time

For instance, T4 lasers hold less ammo then T1, and I could have (3) with chemo and (2) with thermal.

Also, making it more complex, if you have mixed turret weapons like guns/laser (fail fit issues aside, the UI would have to deal with it) mixed tiers, AND mixed ammo.

ontop of argas post,

how would it reload your wepons if you hit "reload all" while some still have ammos left, or currently cycling?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

The other problem with changing it is when you are running low on the type of ammo you are using.

At the moment if you have 4*100 slots guns using chemo, but only 100 chemo rounds left, then the first gun will be full of chemo, the other 3 with thermal or whatever. Using the 'sharing' system all 4 guns would end up reloaded with 25 rounds of chemo, hardly ideal.

thats the whole point of this topic

insteady of ending eg. 2 minutes with 1/4 of your firepower, an even distribution would grant you 0.5 minutes full firepower.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

I think the key to this is a context menu from ammo/charge in cargohold. For example right click>Distribute>[Module Type]. Not too hard to put all fitted modules that require charges/ammo in a little sub-menu of a context menu.

In fact, only really a need to put a sub menu if there is more than one module type fitted that can be loaded with the relevent ammo; right click>Distribute is all that would be needed in most of fits.

... and I really want to be able to drag ammo/charges to a module while in the field. Just saying.

drag drop would still be subject to the reload timer, so its just a matter if the GUI supports it. draging between cans and cargo is between windows, while of course the modules are icons and not windows; if recoding is needed, its less likely to be added as a feature (at least any time soon)

im too for drag and drop

Not to make it sound to nerdish but if each gun had an optional load from here slot in your cargo hold like a secondary cargo window that lets you pre-split stacks for each weapon or load a second type of ammo when I reload... Like I have magnadart loaded and a bapho pops up on my overview by pushing (B) manual reload it swaps all my guns to the predetermined secondary cargo ammo type in my case chemo or UDC. Wouldn't take away problems wouldn't add them either. Splitting stacks is really just a personal math problem and in PVP if you didn't bring enough for 3 reloads of any type you deserve to get caught with 3-5 of your guns not loading and fishing for rounds.

For you "I read in to things" people I'm not asking for more cargo space just a second screen that allows me to presort my ammo to weapons.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

12 (edited by Arga 2012-02-05 00:56:58)

probably a better solution, is to simply store ammo per weapon, which counts against your total cargo.

that is you have, for example, you drag 495 units over a module (with a capacity of 45) and it displays 45/450.

technically, now when you put 45 rounds into something it's not displayed in the cargo, but it has to be 'somewhere'. This change would essentially increase the capacity of modules to say, 450 (or 10 times the base reload capacity), but still trigger the reload at 45 (or 10,12, what ever the normal capacity is).

This side steps the need to program any checks. If I put 300 rounds of med. chem in my T1 laser 1, and 400 rounds of med. therm in my T4 laser 2, it will reload from its individual store until depleted.

The only possible confusion, is having an empty cargo, but seeing 2.3/3.0U displayed (for example).

Ammo can be loaded/unloaded to cargo as it is now, but using Shift-drag would be better, so it would allow you to put a portion of a stack into each, or default to 10 times the reload capacity (limited by cargo capacity of course).