Topic: Pure Combat characters

Just started and I went pure combat for the PVP goodness, would that be a bad thing for the long term?

For instance in EVE Online, I spent around 30 million skill points just developing my combat character up, then decided to do some industry and pumped another 20 million skillpoints into that.

Can I do the same in Perpetuum, could I go down the industrial route at a later time as I did in EVE Online? I only ask because as a result of going pure combat, my Heavy Industry, R&D, Politics and Economics are so low, can I raise them and do some industry and not get penalised in anyway for going pure combat at the start?

Cheers !

Re: Pure Combat characters

Your industrial skills will advance at a slower rate then your combat skills. They'll still be able to advance to max level but it will take more EP, and thus time, to get there.

Basically you have 3 options:
- Train a single character in both, will take a long time but in the end you have one character that can do it all.
- Train 2 characters on the same account, one with combat and one with industry. Will still take quite a long time but shorter then the first. You'll have to relog if you want to do something else though.
- Get a second account and train an industry character there. Will take half the time of the other options but will cost you monthly. You can also dual box so you don't even have to relog ( just open 2 clients on the same PC and alt-tab between them. )

*Insert really awesome sig here*