Re: CEO change mechanic

I wouldn't want to make this overly complicated, so my proposal would be that the deputies can only start the change timer if the CEO hasn't logged in since 30 days, and make the timer 48 hours. This way the CEO has 30days+48hours to prevent any unwanted takeover, but if he has really left the game then the remaining members don't have to wait weeks for something to happen when this goes live.

Annihilator wrote:

simply - start with a longer timer and then adjust it if necessary.
Do not start with the shortest possible timer and start trying damage control after half of the player base has ragequit over it...

Rage quit, over what? If you don't trust your deputies then don't have any.

RIP PERPETUUM

DEV Zoom wrote:

I wouldn't want to make this overly complicated, so my proposal would be that the deputies can only start the change timer if the CEO hasn't logged in since 30 days, and make the timer 48 hours. This way the CEO has 30days+48hours to prevent any unwanted takeover, but if he has really left the game then the remaining members don't have to wait weeks for something to happen when this goes live.

Sounds good smile

RIP PERPETUUM

+1

Annihilator wrote:

simply - start with a longer timer and then adjust it if necessary.
Do not start with the shortest possible timer and start trying damage control after half of the player base has ragequit over it...

Major +1

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

DEV Zoom wrote:

+1 for my suggestion!!!!

Inappropriate signature.

DEV Zoom wrote:

sounds good.

*****\O/*******
           /\
\_[-------------]   <- me on the bandwagon!  SOLD!
      0         0

I shot the sheriff, but I didn't shoot no deputy.....

RIP PERPETUUM

DEV Zoom wrote:

This sounds sensible smile

+1
-Confucius

excellent compromise, and it also makes CEO swapping for EP reasons have a time penalty, but not impossible.

great idea.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

38 (edited by Arjha Shanoo 2012-01-22 13:28:24)

+1

... still anyone could set himself as ceo with just spending a few days worth of EP - what if more than one person wants that position? (since there can be more agents deputy ceos too)
Would suggest an additional majority vote system if more than one agent nominates himself. Of course voting should then only be possible for active players. (If the corp is still running smoothly the vote system won't be necessary because only one will apply; if theres no unity u can still give your vote and if u don't like the results you can still leave the corp).

30 days is fine, otherwise you can have CEO's that go on holiday and then come back and find they've got kicked tongue

Firstly it needs to be two weeks, otherwise you couldn't go on holiday without running the risk. Secondly it needs to be something raised by a deputy ceo that another deputy ceo can cancel. Thirdly it needs to be able to be raised by anyone with roles on a 30 day timer jic the whole leadership goes bye bye.

I would also suggest that anyone who raises it should sacrifice roles if it is unsuccessful.

On second thought, prevent any new CEOs demote corp founder any more than deputy and immune to being kicked out.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

On second thought, prevent any new CEOs demote corp founder any more than deputy and immune to being kicked out.

-1... You need to be able to eliminate the roles of a defunct CEO toon just like you can remove the roles of any other toon in corp. If you don't, this will just lead to a removed CEO returning to the game after being gone for 6 months and cleaning out every corp storage and the current CEO/D-Ceo's only being able to watch........

Reality Check:

People have and will continue to give away or sell some Perp accts. Do you want all your corp assets ganked because your former CEO's account now belongs to a rabid 12 yr old WOW kiddie?

The old ceo ABANDONED his corporation for a reason. He had ZERO loyalty to his team. In return his team should not be forced to have loyalty to his toon by keeping him in corp or at the deputy level.

Inappropriate signature.

43 (edited by Celebro 2012-01-22 19:41:31)

Scyylla wrote:
Celebro wrote:

-1... You need to be able to eliminate the roles of a defunct CEO toon just like you can remove the roles of any other toon in corp. If you don't, this will just lead to a removed CEO returning to the game after being gone for 6 months and cleaning out every corp storage and the current CEO/D-Ceo's only being able to watch........

Reality Check:

People have and will continue to give away or sell some Perp accts. Do you want all your corp assets ganked because your former CEO's account now belongs to a rabid 12 yr old WOW kiddie?

The old ceo ABANDONED his corporation for a reason. He had ZERO loyalty to his team. In return his team should not be forced to have loyalty to his toon by keeping him in corp or at the deputy level.

I think you are right on this one. How about instead of having to wait 32 days to become CEO instead of lets say 48hrs, leave founder with role immunity for 30days as deputy, so if they don't log for 30days they can be kicked out or demoted further.

RIP PERPETUUM

+ 1
30 days absence of CEO to start "petition" for new CEO, which lasts 48h.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Is this coming in the next patch too?

Arga wrote:

Is this coming in the next patch too?

Yep.