Topic: New AI code causing "In Combat" without engaging player

It seems that when an NPC 'Sees' you it triggers your in combat stance. This does not happen when a player locks you but an NPC can cause you to be in combat despite not even having locked you.

Sounds like a bug and effect NPCing a little (Loot management). Not urgent but I sense the problems roots will uncover something a lot more dark and buggy.

Any developer response would be appreciated. Feedback from players would also help in determining the issue more preciously. My issues are with spawns on Tellesis, other island not checked.

Re: New AI code causing "In Combat" without engaging player

I had problem with NPC lockings, they lose locking in locking range but not all I just saw that on Cougar Artemises. That problem was on also Rabid Elite Cougar he unlock me at 380m but sometimes he locked me for 420 m (that too high differnece about client> server syncronisese problems and so any problem).
(I didnt use ecm and I farmed alone)

(But sorry I didnt understand you :S )

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Same problem. Seems "in combat" state turns on when the new AI starts to aggro on you now, and aggro range is much more than actual locking range.

As a result, client creates combat log each time you get such state so even if you just passing near the spots not being hit, your combat log folder will be flooded with 0 size logs.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

Same problem. Seems "in combat" state turns on when the new AI starts to aggro on you now, and aggro range is much more than actual locking range.

As a result, client creates combat log each time you get such state so even if you just passing near the spots not being hit, your combat log folder will be flooded with 0 size logs.

Indeed, I just noticed that. I am getting lots of blank logs.

Devs, response? Pleeease?

combat logs always created when you are deployed on terrain... that has always been that way.
also everytime you teleport (simply everytime you get a loading screen a new one is created)

back2topic: i wonder if this "in combat" when agressed is intended

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Well at the moment "Aggressed" means the NPC is interested in you so if it is intended it needs to not be!

In Combat should be as it was introduced, lasts 10 seconds after each aggressive action.

Something that got added with the new AI maybe?

I think 'in combat' is triggered when you are being locked, even if the lock doesn't complete. I was just rolling past the mobs on Tellesis, and I wasn't in combat until I got into their locking range, and was in combat for a short period of time after leaving thier range.

This may not be the only time in combat gets triggered, but that was my experience with it last night.

my corpmate got demobbed without the presence of a bot that could do that... perhaps this is related?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Arga wrote:

Something that got added with the new AI maybe?

I think 'in combat' is triggered when you are being locked, even if the lock doesn't complete. I was just rolling past the mobs on Tellesis, and I wasn't in combat until I got into their locking range, and was in combat for a short period of time after leaving thier range.

This may not be the only time in combat gets triggered, but that was my experience with it last night.

1 star yegels can't lock from 300-400m so no it's not just locking.

I think this has been fixed, can someone confirm?

Fixed with previous patch even smile