Topic: Sending mixed signals to Devs?

Wanted to see what you guys are thinking.  There are some great posts about what pilots would want to add.  There are some past “promises” about what was coming.  There is great feedback about what needs to be adjusted (balance).  If you had to prioritize the Devs time on what to focus on and list them in priority of implementation, how would you rank your wants? 1 being first thing to take care of, 10 being toward the end of the list.

Items (not exhaustive list but major issues from forums)
Basic terraforming (ability to move terrain up and down as a player desires)
Artillery (new bot that focuses on area affect dps)
PBS (player built settlements that allow you some defense away from stations)
New islands (addition of more islands like the ones we have)
Continents (introduction of new large land masses)
Revision of NPC static spawns (reduction and or addition for more island balancing)
Titan ore on Beta (return Titan ore mining areas to Beta islands)
Ore fields balanced (look at Beta islands and re-arrange ore fields to be more balanced)
Alliance features (not sure what is wanted here but it is brought up a lot)
New terrain (introduce new terrain to existing islands that would manipulate current features)
Contracts (introduce a trading, buy/sell option for others to exchange items/NIC at a later time)
Undock adjustment (add a “cancel undock” option as you move from terminal to terrain)
Squad interface (adjust how the squad is managed and add features to smooth it out)
Terminal features (add management features to outpost owners, SAP visibility and others)
Item ID (add tier visibility to scroll over items while deployed)
Add ewar to kill mails (add any type of aggression from a pilot to the killmail of a destroyed bot)
Advertise (use their resourses to advertise and grow community over resources tword changes in current game)
Industrial balancing (revisit recycling, outpost bonuses, other)

20 items listed. I know there are more but this might help ones to speak up about what is a priority for them. Pick 10 and list them from 1 to 10 on importance.  Remember they have limited time (small DEV group) and limited resources, consider this as you choose.

2 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-01-12 22:56:44)

Re: Sending mixed signals to Devs?

what about adding the ability to perform corp level kernal research? the devs talked about doing this 6months or more ago.

edit: Bk on your topic ... bring back titan to beta! the Devs should never have removed it in the first place. This is a sand box yet the devs tried to force us to play the game in a way we didnt want to.

some corps will always base in alpha. Others will always live in beta. the hoped alpha > beta trading never quit worked out as intended i feel.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

3 (edited by Sundial 2012-01-12 23:03:29)

Very good list.

Bring titan back to beta...

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

bring epriton to alpha

elric wrote:

bring epriton to alpha

Bring PvP flag 100% of the time to alpha too!

elric wrote:

bring epriton to alpha

Um No

My top 4 in no particular order:
ADVERTISE
PBS
Continents
Artillery

Inappropriate signature.

7 (edited by Gremrod 2012-01-13 00:45:17)

Titan Ore is the lowest building block in the game, at least IMO.

The most common material that is used in everything that can be built in the game. Now there are a few exceptions to this and one I can think off the top of my head are energy cells don't use titan. But to the point...

Titan should be on every island. Also the ore spawns need to be looked at on the Alpha 1 islands. The small spawns push people away from those islands and make them like ghost towns.

Epriton is considered the rarer ore in the game and should only be found on the out beta islands.

== going off topic now ==
If epriton was brought to the alpha 2 islands I would like to see the DEVS work on the police towers again and place them on the Alpha 2 islands and put epriton ore spawns on Alpha 2 islands.

Make Alpha 2 islands a little less safe then Alpha 1 islands.

But I have gone off topic again... neutral

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

+1 for police towers again but bound to standing.

police is not working if it forgets about the criminal once his robot was shot down.... and ignores all his friends.

that and more land thats further away from alpha then 1 tele-hop!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Signals will always be mixed. If there's ever a concensus in the community about game mechanic (non-GUI) changes, it would be time to close down the game; because it would only have 1 person playing.

I think the epriton can grow very rarely in alpha islands and titan very rarely in beta.

My list:
Contracts
Basic terraforming
Undock adjustment
Add ewar to kill mails
Industrial balancing

mine would be:

Large land masses - new island to island teleporters will make the map even smaller
Contracts - need ability to trade without having to have all parties in one area
PBS - any building will be an improvement
Basic terraforming - again more player base changes
Advertise - if above is done, players will stay
All ore on Beta - seems obvious
ewar to kill mails - wont have to slow my intact down with the one gun
Terminal features - owners should see all that is going on with their outpost
Undock fixes - hate undocking and realizing that i forgot stuffs.

12 (edited by Sundial 2012-01-13 02:53:16)

Eng Daniel wrote:

I think the epriton can grow very rarely in alpha islands and titan very rarely in beta.

My list:
Contracts
Basic terraforming
Undock adjustment
Add ewar to kill mails
Industrial balancing

Titan is the most required ore there is...

I agree there should be a small amount of epriton on alpha, but I think there should be large deposits of Titan on beta.

Gremrod wrote:

Titan Ore is the lowest building block in the game, at least IMO.

The most common material that is used in everything that can be built in the game. Now there are a few exceptions to this and one I can think off the top of my head are energy cells don't use titan. But to the point...

Titan should be on every island. Also the ore spawns need to be looked at on the Alpha 1 islands. The small spawns push people away from those islands and make them like ghost towns.

Epriton is considered the rarer ore in the game and should only be found on the out beta islands.

== going off topic now ==
If epriton was brought to the alpha 2 islands I would like to see the DEVS work on the police towers again and place them on the Alpha 2 islands and put epriton ore spawns on Alpha 2 islands.

Make Alpha 2 islands a little less safe then Alpha 1 islands.

But I have gone off topic again... neutral

Huge + 1

13 (edited by Dan 2012-01-13 03:45:33)

Mine would look probably like that:

1. Advertise
2. Squad interface
3. Contracts
4. Armour tank fix/rebalance (please don't give it to Alf, I beg you!)
5. Search engine for private storage
6. EW on the killmails
7. More landmass
8. "Cancel undock" button
9. PBS
10. More sorting options for items in corporate and personal storages

Some "silly" stuff are higher than PBS, because they (may) require less manpower (so quick fixes).

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

1. Artillery
2. Terraforming
3. PBS
4. Continents
5. Advertising
6. All the rest

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

1. Island Balancing
2. Titan back to Beta
3. Squad and Alliance Functions.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

-1 to Titan ore on Beta, Undock adjustment, Terminal features (as Takeo puts it), Industrial balancing (they'll just f*ck it up), Ore fields balanced (same).

+1 to the rest, Squad and KM fixes being top priority.

+1 to Dan suggested more sorting options in hangars/containers.

I don't live on beta but I am absolutely astounded that you can't mine Titan there. That seems quite ridiculous to me.

As to epitron on Alpha that also seems a bit of a daft idea BUT...

... how about the occasional atrefact scan yieding some waypoint co-ordinates where a small amount of Epi can be found for (say) 24 hours. Rather like the artefact itself the deposit is only available to the one who found it. I'm not suggesting loads maybe just 4 medium yellows or one big yellow.

There was my idea:
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … o-players/

Dont forget: Seems like they already have massive feedbacks, I just always wonder, how they can manage out (quickly balancing, quick implementations) the many real problems after the patches, seems like they have eyes everywhere. And what I saw they repair many of problems what they wanted to repair (so they have idea what is wrong  and that is not always what playerbase want).

Thats why I dont really understand why dont do, what is obious and easy to do or seems easy to do(afaik).

I talked about:

squad leaderships:when squadleader offline do an another squadleader automatically, or you can add more squadleader to the squad

undock fixes:just make an ignore button or something looks like this for many people needed why not?

flawled modules: as you are a CEO or you can manage to out what you should do with loot you cant do anything execpt recycle ALL, but you see difference damaged modules like; white, yellow, red > you need to sort that and many things will be easier.

search in hangars

tiers on field, equip window

Ew on killmail, advertising, PBS any other things is not soo easy to do so I think we need to focuse to doable things. Ew is just for kill-mails that is not the game (but yes that can be important, but I hope nobody dont want play because the ew cant seen on kill-mails).

And want to say something, seems like I a little immune for "bad" things when you play this game so far you will accept some problems.
Now I dont remember other repairable things because that is not soo important for me seems like because I dont remember.

TL;DR:
After all I prefer one list what is doable  for DEVs and help the playerbase ingame. Need to check price/profit ratio for problems and what has good ratio is can acceptable in list. And we can do another list what contain, future contents and any not ingame things, API, EW on killmail so on.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

1) Please give individual bot pilots reasons to risk their pvp capable mechs out on beta.
    e.g. rare roaming npcs that take a while to find but don't require 5 people to kill (use your imagination).

Before all the carebears start crying about this remember two things:
a) nobody will be forced to do it
b) if people start losing their bots there will actually be a market for gear

2) Introduce diminishing returns / stacking penalties for fitting multiple modules of the same type.  Then balance the module bonuses so that fits with both single and multiple modules of the same type are viable without making unbreakable tanks / instakill alpha striking. (lightweight frames and erp should stay unique items though)

+1
-Confucius

Kaldenines wrote:

1) Please give individual bot pilots reasons to risk their pvp capable mechs out on beta.
    e.g. rare roaming npcs that take a while to find but don't require 5 people to kill (use your imagination).

Before all the carebears start crying about this remember two things:
a) nobody will be forced to do it
b) if people start losing their bots there will actually be a market for gear

2) Introduce diminishing returns / stacking penalties for fitting multiple modules of the same type.  Then balance the module bonuses so that fits with both single and multiple modules of the same type are viable without making unbreakable tanks / instakill alpha striking. (lightweight frames and erp should stay unique items though)

Wow, way to go WAY off topic.  The point of this was to take a pre-determined list and see what highlights people would like to see and in what order.  All these points have lengthy forum threads for discussion.  Please start one for your ideas, but this one is to see what people are considering priorities.

Kaldenines wrote:

1)

Many modules already have diminishing returns naturally in their math (shield hardeners, armor hardeners, tunings that affect cycle time)

Do you mean affecting things like range extenders / tuners amount increase?

22 (edited by Annihilator 2012-01-14 00:55:06)

Sundial wrote:
Kaldenines wrote:

1)

Many modules already have diminishing returns naturally in their math (shield hardeners, armor hardeners, tunings that affect cycle time)

Do you mean affecting things like range extenders / tuners amount increase?

Sundial... you got a really really strange interpretation of what "Dimishing returns" means

Look at the DPS!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

Sundial... you got a really really strange interpretation of what "Dimishing returns" means

Look at the DPS!

so.. you can get your dps with tunings to ~2,2x the one without them. for that you have to sacrifice range and all your high slots. and need a mk2 heavy so you get that high slots...

i cant see your problem...

Introducing "diminishing returns" for modules like tunings, range exteners and such will just kill fitting variery and freedom, because the best choice will always be "fit one of each". So -1 and sorry for offtopic.

25 (edited by Kaldenines 2012-01-14 13:27:37)

Introducing "diminishing returns" for modules like tunings, range exteners and such will just kill fitting variery and freedom, because the best choice will always be "fit one of each". So -1 and sorry for offtopic.

^
That could be the case if the diminishing returns were to be set too high.  However, you could make a similar  argument for when there are no diminishing returns though.  e.g. "Its always best to have as many of X tuning as you can get so that you get an awesome tank / more range than anything else / an insane alpha strike amount / maximum RR bonus."

So many balance problems in this game so far could have been avoided in the first place if diminishing returns were present (or if increasing returns were absent).  E.g. Armour tanking with ERP could be made viable without being imba.  Shield tanking could be viable without being only killable by an ictus.  I suspect even things like the ability to perform insurance fraud and the whole recycling nerf could have been avoided this way.

+1
-Confucius