Topic: The Server is in Standby-mode

This lets me log in and see my characters, but when you select one nothing happens. I have had a couple of perp-crash popups, but I think they were from the instances that were running when someone broke/turned off the server.

Either way letting you log in but not enter the world seems to be a bit of an issue, perhaps when the server is in standby mode you should disable logging in, or put a note on the screen to explain what is happening.

2 (edited by Alexander 2012-01-11 18:34:24)

Re: The Server is in Standby-mode

THE SERVER IS IN STANDBY-MODE.
We are experiencing some unexpected server issues, we'll be back as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2012-01-11 - Patch deployed, patch notes are available here.
A reminder: Your account subscription will not renew automatically, unless you choose a recurring option! Visit our store and purchase your next month now!
FAQ: What to do during downtime?

Assume any weirdness is because of this.. I cannot login, nor can I access my characters.. This is part of the issues it would seem.

MrCeeJ wrote:

This lets me log in and see my characters, but when you select one nothing happens. I have had a couple of perp-crash popups, but I think they were from the instances that were running when someone broke/turned off the server.

Either way letting you log in but not enter the world seems to be a bit of an issue, perhaps when the server is in standby mode you should disable logging in, or put a note on the screen to explain what is happening.

OH NOES!!!!!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!

issue with the patch most likely.

Inappropriate signature.

Yep they seem to have fixed it at least.

Now you can't login while in standby-mode you just get a message (That Alexander posted above) instead of the broken character select screen you used to get.

Ah well, time to make another ticket for another container while I wait I guess ...

its called "patchday"

most of them are going smooth... but sometimes...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Yep i think we've all been spoilt by the smoothness of the patches in the past.  i recall whenever eve had a patch i didnt bother doing anything except safe space mining for a few days afterwards whilst they fixed it lol

I remember the one where if you jumped gates your client would go black, and they didn't know which gates it was. Holy heck that made pvp and pos fueling chaotic and fun big_smile